Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-12-2016, 01:11 AM
Master
In this moment, what wants to be expressed?

And what, if anything, is preventing it from being expressed?

This is a question that occurred to me just the other day; I think I was experiencing a lot of anxiety and nausea at the time, and it made me realise that there seemed to be something inside me that wanted to be expressed, but for whatever reason I was fighting it.*

Self-expression's always been an issue for me, largely because for most of my life I've had a very negative self-image. Just recently that's started to change, and I feel much more positively about myself, I feel that I do have something to offer. I still feel inhibited, though, it seems that there's something inside me that's afraid of being harshly judged and, as a result, it holds back (hides its light under a bushel, you could say). But for all that, I do feel that there's something amazing that's longing for expression, if I can only stop trying to restrain it out of fear.

Anyway, I think it's an interesting question to ponder, even if you don't feel moved to reply, though I'd be interested to hear what others have to say

*I should say for full disclosure that I activated my kundalini about three years back, and if there's one thing I've realised, it's that this energy can really show up all your blockages and inner resistance, because it has tremendous force but its flow is obstructed by the internal dams that have accumulated inside your physical form over the years.
Old 24-12-2016, 04:41 AM
Master
Flow...yes it works in everyway of the mind/body if you are aware and allow it as you are showing. So even as you see an emotional response there could perhaps also be a physical issue holding things in and inhibiting your body opening as well.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-12-2016, 07:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
And what, if anything, is preventing it from being expressed?

This is a question that occurred to me just the other day; I think I was experiencing a lot of anxiety and nausea at the time, and it made me realise that there seemed to be something inside me that wanted to be expressed, but for whatever reason I was fighting it.*

Self-expression's always been an issue for me, largely because for most of my life I've had a very negative self-image. Just recently that's started to change, and I feel much more positively about myself, I feel that I do have something to offer. I still feel inhibited, though, it seems that there's something inside me that's afraid of being harshly judged and, as a result, it holds back (hides its light under a bushel, you could say). But for all that, I do feel that there's something amazing that's longing for expression, if I can only stop trying to restrain it out of fear.

Anyway, I think it's an interesting question to ponder, even if you don't feel moved to reply, though I'd be interested to hear what others have to say

*I should say for full disclosure that I activated my kundalini about three years back, and if there's one thing I've realised, it's that this energy can really show up all your blockages and inner resistance, because it has tremendous force but its flow is obstructed by the internal dams that have accumulated inside your physical form over the years.
I was reading your disclosure and what stops it from being expressed are the limitations of the physical world.

I often wondered how I'd go about expressing it - if writing/talking about it wasn't an option.

Some people express it through art and music - well, that's out for me due to 'competency issues'.

...but it's more than just writing, talking, being creative - it goes beyond all of that superficiality.

Even down to 'dressing the part' with orange robes and a shaved head - oh yes, I've even thought about going there.

At first, I was like 'what have I got to show/prove?' but then, it's a whole advertisement of the fact isn't it? I mean people wouldn't know I am a Hindu and I worship Shiva if they were to just look at me...and wearing my Rudraksha hasn't encouraged any questions about my beliefs either...it's seen like another tacky accessory...because nobody knows what it is...the 'average Joe' thinks "Shiva" is something you do when it gets cold...

How to encourage curiosity in another human being be being modest and discreet about the whole thing? I'm not the type to ram my beliefs down the throat of another...

I may get a tattoo...
Old 24-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Flow...yes it works in everyway of the mind/body if you are aware and allow it as you are showing. So even as you see an emotional response there could perhaps also be a physical issue holding things in and inhibiting your body opening as well.
There's definitely a physical issue, though I think its genesis is in the mind, in the form of certain beliefs I have about myself and about the world - the belief, for example, that I've failed before I've even started, that it's useless even trying because I'm sure to get it wrong. Those sorts of thought patterns cause me to shut down emotionally, which manifests in the body as tension.

I'm pretty clear on how I've acquired these beliefs, though this understanding alone isn't going to help me overcome them, it seems. I've tried various strategies to overcome these issues, but none of them seem to have been very effective - I think it's slowly beginning to dawn on me that there really is nothing I can do about it, and so I'm moving towards surrender. Or maybe it's wishful thinking, I don't know
Old 24-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I was reading your disclosure and what stops it from being expressed are the limitations of the physical world.

I often wondered how I'd go about expressing it - if writing/talking about it wasn't an option.

Some people express it through art and music - well, that's out for me due to 'competency issues'.

...but it's more than just writing, talking, being creative - it goes beyond all of that superficiality.

Even down to 'dressing the part' with orange robes and a shaved head - oh yes, I've even thought about going there.

At first, I was like 'what have I got to show/prove?' but then, it's a whole advertisement of the fact isn't it? I mean people wouldn't know I am a Hindu and I worship Shiva if they were to just look at me...and wearing my Rudraksha hasn't encouraged any questions about my beliefs either...it's seen like another tacky accessory...because nobody knows what it is...the 'average Joe' thinks "Shiva" is something you do when it gets cold...

How to encourage curiosity in another human being be being modest and discreet about the whole thing? I'm not the type to ram my beliefs down the throat of another...

I may get a tattoo...
I'm interested in what you said about the limitations of the physical world, can you expand on that? In my case, the issue seems to be the limitations I impose on myself, limitations I impose because I fear judgment - they say that true validation comes from within, and I guess I'm missing that.

I'm quite musical, as it goes, and if I were to express what really wants to be expressed, that's probably the medium through which I'd channel it. I find it quite difficult, what with all the self-doubt and all... I become very unfocused, and my efforts usually stall (I must've half-written a hundred songs, but I'm not sure I've ever actually finished one, which is pretty embarrassing to admit). If I could touch just one person's heart, though, that would be amazing

You've talked about how you might express yourself, but can you tell me what it is that wants to be expressed?
Old 24-12-2016, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm interested in what you said about the limitations of the physical world, can you expand on that? In my case, the issue seems to be the limitations I impose on myself, limitations I impose because I fear judgment - they say that true validation comes from within, and I guess I'm missing that.

I'm quite musical, as it goes, and if I were to express what really wants to be expressed, that's probably the medium through which I'd channel it. I find it quite difficult, what with all the self-doubt and all... I become very unfocused, and my efforts usually stall (I must've half-written a hundred songs, but I'm not sure I've ever actually finished one, which is pretty embarrassing to admit). If I could touch just one person's heart, though, that would be amazing

You've talked about how you might express yourself, but can you tell me what it is that wants to be expressed?
My true nature as I can only understand it to be...and if I am having trouble understanding it, I can only imagine another person getting me 'third hand' as it were.

The other way people express it is by doing volunteer and charity work - helping others or becoming healers due to all the energy that's flowing everywhere. It needs an outlet, beyond awareness.

I guess in the end, it directs its own course and you'll be doing what needs to be done.
Old 24-12-2016, 12:54 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Absolutely. The music I write for myself (i.e. not for others) is the accumulated expression of my life here, all inclusive, subject to the limits of my technical skills. It's a lesson I learned from listening to Beethoven and Bruckner - their music is their spiritual, sensual autobiography. Music connects through the senses and emotions. It avoids words though the voice is sometimes an instrument where it definitely crosses into the realm of emotions. As we grow spiritually and artistically, so our expression reflects growing maturity.

Quote:

(This is repeating myself but) a person I know recovering from a mental illness once said, about 95% of what's worth saying can't be put into words!
Old 24-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Master
Quote:
There's definitely a physical issue, though I think its genesis is in the mind, in the form of certain beliefs I have about myself and about the world - the belief, for example, that I've failed before I've even started, that it's useless even trying because I'm sure to get it wrong. Those sorts of thought patterns cause me to shut down emotionally, which manifests in the body as tension.

Patterns affect in everyway of the mind/body, so if you cant break through the mind, then one can try the body. There is no order to how we work this process. So if you stuck in the pattern of mind, that might to stubborn to shift itself, you can work with the physical body and it will open it for you. This works, especially, if you do something that makes you push through and feel the pain. This can open feelings and memories being held deep in those pockets of tension you most definitely know you create and may well have some deeper stuff in place holding in and down. That foundation of your body can actually create a feeding ground in body. :)
Quote:
I'm pretty clear on how I've acquired these beliefs, though this understanding alone isn't going to help me overcome them, it seems. I've tried various strategies to overcome these issues, but none of them seem to have been very effective - I think it's slowly beginning to dawn on me that there really is nothing I can do about it, and so I'm moving towards surrender. Or maybe it's wishful thinking, I don't know

In this moment you can decide anything you want for change.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 25-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
My true nature as I can only understand it to be...and if I am having trouble understanding it, I can only imagine another person getting me 'third hand' as it were.

The other way people express it is by doing volunteer and charity work - helping others or becoming healers due to all the energy that's flowing everywhere. It needs an outlet, beyond awareness.

I guess in the end, it directs its own course and you'll be doing what needs to be done.
I think that's true, yeah - if you have self-trust, what needs to be done, is done. And we're not plagued by doubts about whether or not we're doing the right thing, we're not thinking things like, 'Well such-and-such did this or that charitable act, should I be doing that, too?' We're led by our hearts, by our true nature as you say; I think our true nature is always wanting to express itself, but conflict arises within us as a result of our conditioning, which pulls us this way and that.
Old 25-12-2016, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
I think that's true, yeah - if you have self-trust, what needs to be done, is done. And we're not plagued by doubts about whether or not we're doing the right thing, we're not thinking things like, 'Well such-and-such did this or that charitable act, should I be doing that, too?' We're led by our hearts, by our true nature as you say; I think our true nature is always wanting to express itself, but conflict arises within us as a result of our conditioning, which pulls us this way and that.

You have to let go of your head and the thoughts that tell you things when in social situations or "it should be" "it needs to be" You immediately block your true self being at ease as you. When you just sit and stay present with the external and yourself, with your mind still, you can naturally deepen and practise how to be more at ease..Baby steps, leading to bigger steps and breakthroughs.