Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Bob23

The Language of Seperation.

Hello (t)here!

This little gem was found on Google Video and gives an interesting explanation of how 'language', by the very virtue of itself, splits or seperates simple reality. Apparently the Hopi did not have the word 'now' in their language...they simply understood and lived the experience as~it~is rather than suffering in the imaginary dualism of pretense!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...68818281477899

Injoy the viewing,

Bob23.
Old 15-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Solitarylady

Hello

Hello, I'm New Here. I almost died a year ago, and although I am getting better, my soul isn't. I don't know why I lost it, or if its just hurt, but I'm here to heal. I am a very spiritual person, but many of my senses are just not working like they used to. I am hoping that I can find help here.

I have Liver disease which has brought on some complications, and although I can function fairly well at home, I cannot work like I used to. Its hard for me to open up to people, I shy away from places, and am becoming more and more recluse as days go by.

I am a single 51 year old lady with three grown girls, one of whom lives with me to share the rent and costs. They have been very supportive, as have their friends.

I look forward to meeting you all, and spiritual enlightenment.
Old 15-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Solitarylady

OOOppps I think I posted this introduction in the wrongs spot....forgive me, I'm still finding my way about.........;)
Old 16-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Master
Hi solitary lady,
Firstly can I say that there is nothing wrong with your soul, its just the body that needs help. Have you considered doing something gentle and energising like tai chi or chi gung. Anything that promotes deeper breathing and the assocoiated increased energy, some light yoga might help, chi gung would be best for you I think, it would also get you out and about a little if you join a group.

If however there are no groups near by then the following might help you.
to start off (if your interested) for a few minutes each day, stand up in a nice place in your house and hold your spine straight, no shoes, feet about a shoulder width part,tongue to the roof of your mouth behind the front teeth, let your hands lie at your sides loosly, palms facing forwards.allow your breathing to settle, focus your mind on the rising and falling of your tummy as you breathe in through the nose and out through your mouth (this takes some getting used to because the tongue is touching the roof of the mouth).
After a minute or so, take a deep in breath thru the nose and at the same time, raise the forearms up in an arc from the elbow, as if you were clutching something to your chest (do it slowly and lightly) Your hands are now at about head height (slightly below) and the palms are facing behind you. This upward movement of the arm should take the time it takes to fill your lungs with air, then hold your breath for a couple of seconds as you turn your palms to face forward. Then begin to breathe out slowy thru the mouth and just push, gently, your arms straight out in front of you, almost as if you were pushing someone away. This movement should take the time it takes to empty your lungs of air. Then whilst holding your breath, let your arms drop (under contrrol) to your sides whilst simultaneously turning your palms to face forwards.

That is one full cycle, then you just carry on doing these cycles. Try this for five minutes every day. or more if you like. Once you have the technique sorted out it is impoortant to focus your mind at the navel, watching the rise and fall of your tummy as you do the exercise, your mind will want to think, dream, moan , anything but gently watch your navel so when you notice that it has become active, gently bring it back to watching the rise and fall of your tummy. dont get angry or disappointed if your mind moives adnMOST IMPORTANTLY, let your breathing get deeper and deeper, dont force it but let it happen.
Good luck and let me know if this helps

Last edited by peteyzen : 16-06-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 16-06-2006, 02:20 PM
eternity

Bless you Petezen,
What a kind and obvious experienced teacher you are.
Eastern techniques are a massive help in so many areas of ones life.
Correct breathing is sadly missing in modern life.The body is desperate for continuous oxgen.Humans breath in 21% funny enough the body only uses 4%.
Tai Chi and Chi-Gung are amazing remedies to so many health problems.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 16-06-2006, 02:25 PM
eternity

Solitary lady,
Your soul is in very good shape.slowly allow yourself to come back to the stage that you were at.
You have so much to offer,please do just this.
Yes,you are to heal and this is what you will do.It is good to have you with us.
I will help you.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 16-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Mart

Hi Eternity,

are you being serious?
Old 17-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Solitarylady

Hello again and Thank you. Peteyzen, I will try these techniques. I am having a hard time in groups, as of yet, but that will be my next step. I have called around for classes and they won't be starting now for a few weeks, but this well give me a start. Thank you for the nice welcome, this is a nice place. I'll let you know in a couple of days, how things are.

Breathing deeeeeeply..............Peace
Old 19-06-2006, 09:23 AM
eternity

Hi Mart,
Yes i am always serious with questions of a spiritual nature.
Wishing you light and grace.
Eternity.
Closed Thread