Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 27-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Ascender
Sounds like I am the only one that enjoys fearing the Almighty One. I enjoy shaking from the fear that runs through me when I praise and glorify how Great the Most High is and how Supreme the Most Great is. For me the sunrise and sunsets are when I want to worship the Almighty One and plant my face on the ground and glorify the One and Only One Decider of All things. But that's just me, I say do what ever you want.

mj
Old 27-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikre
Why would a God order and require "worship"?
Why would God require you...

Or do YOU want to be intimate with God.
So sorry, I don't know what you are talking about. "Require"?

And I have an intimate relationship with
my Father/ God/ Higher Self/Source...I automatically adore
the All That Is/Brahman...no shoes required!

Always reminds me of what Joyce Meyer said...
You can be as close to God as you want to...
it just depends on how much time you want to put into it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Master
A God that needs worshiping is no God, and is a False God....

This mythical God's seems to have a very big appetite.
Old 28-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
A God that needs worshiping is no God, and is a False God....

This mythical God's seems to have a very big appetite.

Yes, the One and Only Source of All needs nothing. The Almighty Creator is the Self Sustaining One and needs nothing and has no appetite for anything!!!

It is the human that has the need to glorify our Creator and Sustainer. Why would anyone ever think the Great Eternal One has a need to be worshipped by a human? Worshipping only benefits the human.

mj
Old 28-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Would you require your children to worship you? For what reason? Childish wouldn't you think? Divine Spirit has no need to be worshiped. We are children of a Divinity that wishes only freedom for us to do as we will. The only true demonstration of love is to be set free and decide to return on our own volition.
Old 28-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
Yes, the One and Only Source of All needs nothing. The Almighty Creator is the Self Sustaining One and needs nothing and has no appetite for anything!!!

It is the human that has the need to glorify our Creator and Sustainer. Why would anyone ever think the Great Eternal One has a need to be worshipped by a human? Worshipping only benefits the human.

mj

Have you got a dog in this fight..? haha always wanted to use that expression.

You are the one worshiping it, and i don't think worshiping benefits humans. Because it creates the illusion that what they seek is far away from them, this is why the Gnostic's where killed off. Also you see the same trend developing in spiritual circles, which all this reference to the higher self! when it should be called the divine inner self. How people refer to things, ether empowers them or dis-powers them.

Worshiping has never benefited human beings, all it has done is make people feel further away from what they need! from what the world needs.
Old 13-06-2019, 05:39 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikre
Why would a God order and require "worship"?
Why would God require you to go somewhere, repeat words "You are so great, you are perfect, you have given everything to me, without you I am nothing. God is the greatest" and be afraid of God?
What would that tell about the personality of God?

Would you prefer to have some child:
a) Share a connection with you. Sit comfortably with you, acknowledge your presence, be grateful for the connection you two share, be happy and maybe spontaneously kiss and hug you and tell: "I love you" if she/he sincerely wants to do it?
b) Fear you and just repeat as many praising words as he/she can think of so that you wouldn't stop loving her/him?

And I just ask from everyone. Do YOU want to constantly declare how worthless you are without your God and just repeat "God, you are so great."? Or do YOU want to be intimate with God. Just being with God and being grateful for having the connection?

I can only speak for my connection how I do it, for example with my relationship with the higher world. Personally I have a friendly, child - mother,..(I pray to a goddess / bodhisattva Kuan Yin ) very relaxed,..relationship. It's that inner calm, compassionate voice, which always help you up when you are down, that is always there to support you, teach you,....this is what I call the connection with the higher world,...this is what I consider to be my connection with Kuan Yin and so on. It never expect of me to GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY FOR MERCY!, it does not expect from me to climb Mount Everest, it doesn't want that I bring each morning a fresh Goat head as an sacrifice or whatever. I still follow a bit of traditional way of worship, in a sense that I offer fresh water,....I don't think a goddess or bodhisattva would need fresh water from us, I don't think they don't need anything from us. I think such gestures actually help us, that we stay in contact, that we stay ''disciplined'' that we don't abandon our connection with the divine, that we preserve our connection, that we do not become blindly guided by all of our wishes, desires, troubles, fears,..and lost ourselves in the darkness. It feels very, very warm inside, some love that I don't know to describe with words, it feels incredible safe and cared for, I have also her pendant,..whenever I feel afraid or lost,..I hold on to it,...Maybe others will also describe their connection,..with the divine,..but it is a very personal and intimate matter, I guess some are not comfortable with sharing their ways,...
Old 14-06-2019, 01:13 AM
Master
God does not want or expect you to love and worship Him...in fact, He couldn't care less. People love and worship God due to what they feel for God deep inside...and He returns it a millionfold.
Old 20-06-2019, 01:27 PM
Master
I doubt the gods care about us worshipping them, but many of us however want to worship and be in devotion. So really, DROP DOWN ON YOUR KNEES or climbing the highest mountain is all rather positive IMO, when you really feel you want to do that. It is a humble thing to do. Some Christians do pilgrimages, Hindus too, Muslims go to Mecca. I think it's wonderful and also a sense of connection where the world meets the spiritual..

To me that is also essential, and spirituality isn't just some purely esoteric thing inside. There's also the connection between the outer and the inner, and modern spirituality doesn't seem to recognize the outer as much.. It all becomes very philosophical and esoteric.. to me that isn't enough. I'm also a creature of this world and seek physical representation and journeys just as much. People have recognized this for tens of thousands of years..

In short.. no, God/gods don't need it, but many of us still want to out of devotion and expression.. and that is positive..

Old 20-06-2019, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I doubt the gods care about us worshipping them, but many of us however want to worship and be in devotion. So really, DROP DOWN ON YOUR KNEES or climbing the highest mountain is all rather positive IMO, when you really feel you want to do that. It is a humble thing to do. Some Christians do pilgrimages, Hindus too, Muslims go to Mecca. I think it's wonderful and also a sense of connection where the world meets the spiritual..

To me that is also essential, and spirituality isn't just some purely esoteric thing inside. There's also the connection between the outer and the inner, and modern spirituality doesn't seem to recognize the outer as much.. It all becomes very philosophical and esoteric.. to me that isn't enough. I'm also a creature of this world and seek physical representation and journeys just as much. People have recognized this for tens of thousands of years..

In short.. no, God/gods don't need it, but many of us still want to out of devotion and expression.. and that is positive..

Too TRUE!

In fact, things didn't start shifting for me, in the Spiritual sense, until I changed my whole focus from the internal TO the external...that is, of course, if any such delineation exists (or can be made) between what is "out there" or "in here" because with any method of introspection, the mind tends to get in the way....."just who IS this asking 'who am I?"

The other day, I was walking home from a visit with my psychiatrist...it was getting on dusk and the birds were settling in for their evening roost..the noise was deafening as each of the hundred or so birds jostled for "prime real estate" in each of the trees which bordered either side of "Church Street".

I was stopped in my tracks by this, appreciating nature's symphony...transfixed by the melodious cacophony and the effort of our Divine feathered comrades to survive in their competitive existence.

Meanwhile, passersby were walking past...hands over their ears whining and yelling about the noise..."For Christ's sake, shut the f*** up!" Which had me thinking why was it that I had to go and see a shrink, right? LOL

I went to yoga class this morning...I was running late because I became totally fascinated by a stick insect which was sunning itself on the tyre of a car which was parked next to mine in the parking lot...I sat there looking at it for about half an hour...totally engrossed in how nature can mimic itself almost perfectly to give predatory advantage through illusion...it even had the body of a leaf, complete with leaf veins and leaf structure...it was the universe answering a question about "internet fakes" which I had raised the day before...yeah, I GOT IT!

In this way, we externalise the reality beyond internalizing the mere perception of it, by forgoing the perception through focus or mindfulness.