Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Master
Well Starbuck... What can you do but keep breathing in your belly, allowing and letting go all during the day, not just in meditation practice.

Some days all I do is breathe.

Xan

Old 03-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks Xan, I will certainly do I can to stay with it.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Master
Yes... You can develop the habit. I used to put notes to remind myself around my house. "Breathe! or "Breathe Within" etc....

Xan

Old 04-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Well Starbuck... What can you do but keep breathing in your belly, allowing and letting go all during the day, not just in meditation practice.

Some days all I do is breathe.

Xan

Hah, good thing, wouldn't not want to breathe some days Really that is quite amazing, i would become buzzed with energy if all i did was focus on breathing all day.

Anyways i have a serious question about breathing. Is shallow breathing detrimental? It doesn't seem to be effecting me health wise, but when i do breathing meditations for kundalini and other things, i notice my natural breathing is kind of creepily shallow, like at times i'm hardly breathing at all, and this tends to happen a lot even when i get in the "zone" sometimes i even stop breathing. Should i try to change my natural breathing, and will practicing deep breaths even change it? I've worked on my heart chakra, because i read somewhere that it can cause shallow breathing, is that true? I mean i think my heart chakra is pretty healthy otherwise. I'm not having any anxiety (that i know of) it just seems to be my natural relaxed state of breathing, and that seems odd.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Master
Cigala... Although natural breathing is in the belly (just observe infants and animals to see this) shallow or arrested breathing during meditation or spiritual practices is fairly common. It's when your breathing is shallow in ordinary life or in certain circumstances that indicates some fear and restriction in the subconscious mind.

Xan

Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Deactivated Account
For those of you who have experienced ringing in the ears, did you find it went higher pitched and became almost like a tinkling sound? I'm now experiencing a very high pitched whistling or tinkle, mainly in my left ear. When I tune in it intensifies and I also get a lot of tingling on my crown at the same time. It isn't unlike the feeling I occasionally get when I'm overtired and just dropping off to sleep, and I get a sort of woosh in my ears or a very high pitch buzz. It is very much like that.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
For those of you who have experienced ringing in the ears, did you find it went higher pitched and became almost like a tinkling sound? I'm now experiencing a very high pitched whistling or tinkle, mainly in my left ear. When I tune in it intensifies and I also get a lot of tingling on my crown at the same time. It isn't unlike the feeling I occasionally get when I'm overtired and just dropping off to sleep, and I get a sort of woosh in my ears or a very high pitch buzz. It is very much like that.
i got that last year I attributed it to industrial deafness which i think it is in my case tinnitus but it may partialy be kundilini too
Old 07-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks Lightworker. In my case it all started during meditation so there isn't a deafness element.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
i got that last year I attributed it to industrial deafness which i think it is in my case tinnitus but it may partialy be kundilini too

Au... Here's an article about The Inner Sound Current that relates to what you're experiencing: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3703

Xan

Old 12-01-2011, 04:17 AM
Master
A very intersting and educational thread. I had no idea until recently that people encountered so many problems awakening the Kundalini. My experience was under what I would consider to be ideal circumstances. I was raised in a psychic household and grew up around lots of energy work. I was about 16 when I first began manipulating Kundalini and it was very pleasant. This took place during a guided meditation where every one in the class participated. In the last week or two I have found several references online to traumatic experiences and it got me to wondering what the big difference is. Why were able to bring the Kundalini into the room and channel it without any of these problems?

After much thought I have concluded that it had a great deal to do with the preparatory techniques that we were taught in the weeks leading up to that session. I offer this as a help to those who are in process or planning to be working with Kundalini.

The most useful technique is called grounding and I always figured it was common knowledge amongst energy workers. I have lately been disabused of that notion as I find more and more energy workers who have never heard of it. Anyway the concept (as with most energy techniques) is very simple. In the early stages of meditation you create a connection between the base of your spine (1st chakra) and the center of the earth. This is called your grounding cord and can take any form that is comfortable for you; a beam of light, a spaghetti noodle, a spiral stair or whatever, what is important here is the concept.

The purpose of grounding is to provide a safe conduit for energy to leave your body quickly. If at any time you feel overwhelmed by energy or emotions that come up during a session you can dump it down into the earth where it can dissipate safely. Hopefully this will help people have an easier time.

Also I would add a point of clarification or two:

Kundalini is a tranformative energy that assists us in awakening our latent powers. We each start with a seed that sits at the base of our spine. As the chakras open (typically in succession from the bottom up) the Kundalini works it way up. A blockage in any chakra can hinder this process and based on my experience would likely explain the problems people seem to have.

After the Kundalini has reached the crown it allows the real work to begin. At this stage Kundalini from the cosmos is able to enter through our crown chakra and do its work awakening your psychic abilities.

As others have said this is not a step for novices. Ones chakras should be open and balanced and one should have a good grounding in energy work at the very least. Ideally I would suggest that only those who already have awakened abilities attempt to do this intentionally.

With Love,
athribiristan