Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 09-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Aiki Pete

Fellow veggies be aware

Hi,
Me and my partner and 2 kids have been devout veggies for 3 years now and really seeing it as a pan-dimentional blooming of our true nature (becoming empathic to all things,living in harmony with 'our' mother nature)..so were pretty serious about not polluting our bodies..

But the more aware weve become of whats in our food..the more aware weve become that the food industry is putting animal bits in products that have ABSOLUTLY no need to be in there.

If they (the food industry) are going to all that effort to contaminate us with dead animals then im going to go to the effort of warning my veggie freinds of what they are doing, because they really dont make it obvious whats in there..same with aspartame (E591) and benzonate (sp?)

please add any other foods that we may assume are ok for veggies but are infact NOT -

Babies milk hipp organic formula (contains fish)
Kellogs frosted weat (beef gelatine)
Muller light yoghurt (beef gelatine)
Jelly sweets-jelly tots/babies-haribo (beef gelatine)
Marshmellows (beef gelatine)
Crusher milk shake (beef gelatine)

Also be careful as most chippies (thou cook with veg oil) usualy fry sausages in with the chips

Health & Happiness
Old 10-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Knower

I think if we all just avoided processed food, veggie or otherwise we would be much less polluted. ;)
Old 10-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Pathfinder
Hi,

I used to love eating marshmallows before and had to stop when I learnt they contain beef gelatine.I have to check ingredients all the time when I buy something . You are right that it's not always obvious.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Master
You forgot rennet, which is often found in cheese.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Aiki Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
I think if we all just avoided processed food, veggie or otherwise we would be much less polluted. ;)

Yea..I know what you mean..I'm goin to start afresh (like I wrongly thought I did 3 years ago) and stay away from processed foods the best I can.

I'm starting to get really sensative to many pollutents..not just in food but like deodrant..i smell that stuff and i'm like 'wow that stuff's toxic'..so I just use talc powder to freshen myself up.

my family and freinds are starting to give me weird looks cos my beliefs are getting deeper, that doesnt bother me but when my mum looks after my 2yo daughter I worry she wont bother to check what they feed her.

I'd never force my beleifs on my daughter but sincearly she is a child of nature and a carer for animals..ive told my parents that if I could send 1 message back to when I was born for them it would be - DONT FEED ME MEAT! then it wouldnt of took me 28 years to figure it out late lol.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by Kaere : 10-12-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 PM
euphoria

I heard from a dear friend of mines that bacon fat is in Jiffy's Cornbread. Whole Foods is good because the ingredients are very basic and no bacon or meat fat. :) Thanks for the info on the other foods.
Old 21-12-2010, 02:48 PM
clovelly

Hi everyone,

I have been a vegetarian most of my life and I'm sorry to say that in this modern age of science that it is pretty much impossible to be a vegetarian unless you go organic. Even then I have my doubts due to relaxed regulations. Genetically engineered food, which is most non-organic food are cross-bred and nobody is informed with what they are bred with.

I'm from Australia and about 12 years ago tomatoes slumped in sales because they lost all flavor. It was discovered that scientists had added a fish gene so the tomatoes could be shipped in freezes without freezing.
Having censure-ship in our foods really raises the debate of moral & health ethics.

Aiki Pete, I have always been so sensitive to deodorants, perfumes, etc. that I get aninstant migraine if I am in the same room as another that is wearing any. I never survived getting a job in the city, by the time I jumped on the rush hour bus or train to work I would have to go home with a severe headache. I had never even considered it was due to a vegetarian diet.

Thanks, clovelly
Old 21-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Master
If we're bothered by a fish gene, what about all the insects that die because of the production of vegetables?
It's naughty though that this info is not on the packages..

I think people shouldn't be too strict and hard on themselves. I've been toying around with various vegetarian and semi-vegetarian diets, and in my experience it's really pointless to try and be a strictly disciplined food guru. The body knows better than the mind.
Old 21-12-2010, 03:11 PM
clovelly

Very true Chrysaetos
Old 12-06-2011, 08:15 AM
primrose

Thank you for this, I carefully check labels. Do you know how vegetarian meat tastes so much like real meat? I'm curious as to how they do this.