Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Dr.Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Beats me!

I've studied philosophy,
written it,
sung chants
meditated,
been nice to folks
spoken the truth
bathed in the Ganges
communed with nature
met fairies, angels,saints
prayed for others
been silent
loved
shared
been grateful
am loved by millions

So how come I'm not enlightened-fully realized yet ?
Visited by Babajji?
On Oprah?

What's YOUR excuse, rationalization, sad story?

Or are you drinking buddies with Ekhardt,, Ram Dass, Mooji ? And on Jesus's , Buddha's speed dial.

This is a fun thread, if it's not obvious.

My dear friend, I've got a very good reason why you (or nobody else) is enlightened.

BECAUSE THERES NO SUCH THING AS ENLIGHTENMENT!!!!!

But then again perhaps we could say that realizing the above truth is enlightenment.
Old 16-11-2012, 03:44 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Truth
My dear friend, I've got a very good reason why you (or nobody else) is enlightened.

But then again perhaps we could say that realizing the above truth is enlightenment.
Enlightenment seems to have various definitions/associations so your post is a bit of a blanket statement that is prone to being inaccurate.
Old 16-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Why I'm not enlightened
1) Not interested.
2) Content with myself, don't need it.
3) Don't know the absolute truth about it so couldn't even tell if i were or not.
4) I've experienced so called enlightened people and i'm just not into delusion.
Old 16-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:

Careful, the woo woo slide is slippery slippery.
Old 16-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Fujiwara Kaito

You mean, we are not already enlightened?
Old 16-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Master

Quote:

You just have to do the best you can. I seriously doubt anyone has ever 'reached enlightenment', even Jesus and Buddah. It's a myth.

It's a good way to test yourself though, if you think you're enlightened then you probably have a lot more work to do on yourself. If you don't think you are, that's nothing special either, you're supposed to be honest anyway.
Old 16-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Henri77

I probably took the Bodhisattva vow, when I was divinely drunk, To let everyone else to go first.

(shoulda read the fine print),. sigh!

Very funny contributions, but I can't reply beyond thanking y'all.

Last edited by Henri77 : 16-11-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 16-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Nada

Because spiritual pursuit is never ending.
Just as our souls are eternal.
Spiritual lessons stretch beyond this life time and continue onto the future milleniums... and on...

There is not a final enlightenment but just openings to many possibilities of our universe.

You are being enlightened as you are and will be.
Old 17-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Iseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
Because spiritual pursuit is never ending.
Just as our souls are eternal.
Spiritual lessons stretch beyond this life time and continue onto the future milleniums... and on...

There is not a final enlightenment but just openings to many possibilities of our universe.

You are being enlightened as you are and will be.

This is the only perspective that feels right to me!

After all, if the whole point is to get to the end, why bother with the journey?

The journey is the whole point! I don't like to think it needs to end.
Old 17-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Dr.Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Enlightenment seems to have various definitions/associations so your post is a bit of a blanket statement that is prone to being inaccurate.

Okay, well I'm basically directing it at the usual far-fetched fantasies that I hear about, such as:

the end of suffering
infinite laughter, joy, bliss, love
the end of ALL "negative" emotions like fear

and other absurdities like "no thoughts" or "no me/I".

And correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect that most people think of enlightenment as some kind of achievement whereby they will find some kind of perfect state that requires no maintenance and involves no challenges, heartaches or difficulties... As though they can just sit back in their deck chair and say "ahhhhhh, I've finally done it ha ha ha..."