Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Wisa'ka

Crafts

Stone and antler pipe, hardwood stem and doeskin pipe bag, I made.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:58 AM
Master
Hi - nicely done. What kind of feather is that, Wisa'ka?

...Reminds me that earlier today, I saw 2 large hawks soaring overhead while driving on the freeway. It was awesome to see them.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Hi - nicely done. What kind of feather is that, Wisa'ka?

...Reminds me that earlier today, I saw 2 large hawks soaring overhead while driving on the freeway. It was awesome to see them.

Tell you what, I'll see if I can post a picture of the feather itself
Old 07-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Air

This is pretty awesome, I've always had an immense respect for people who do hands on crafting like this. Great work, please post more whenever you have time to!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air
This is pretty awesome, I've always had an immense respect for people who do hands on crafting like this. Great work, please post more whenever you have time to!

Thanks and greetings Air.

These pipes were usually made with native soapstone, Steatite and Catlinite.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Wisa'ka

Two knives I made from jasper and antler. Attempting to get better at knapping stone.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Air

No problem, and greetings to you as well. Thanks for the extra info, it feels like something I need to remember for some reason... Should store it in my brain. Also want to say that your illustrations in the other thread are awesome, I get the same "feel" from them as I do your crafts -- very real, earthy, raw. Stark. I love the historical information you include as well.

edit: Ah, you posted the knives right before I posted. The blades are astounding and I love the knobbing on the handles. :)
Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Master
very awesome Wisa'ka

Thank you for sharing
Old 08-04-2012, 02:00 AM
Wisa'ka

Greetings and my thanks Skybird.

Yes Air, antler is fun to work with. Here is an antler handle I put on an old dagger blade. The small flat round gaurd and slight pommel has been fashioned out of silver.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Master

VERY nice work. Soapstone must be an interesting material to work with.