Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 17-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Experiencer
Talking Breathwork DISASTER

My friend insisted I go to connective breathing classes. I was pretty darn stoked. I had wanted to move forward with my spiritual development for some time. I went to a couple sessions. The instructor was great. I got some pretty major tetany. I tried at home and got major tetany as well. I was told that it would only last a few times ( I still had it after 10 times). I also experienced pain in my limbs. After 2 of the sessions, the instructor would tell me that she had saw an angle/spirit bring a young girl around 2 or three over to me. She said that she felt the girl was me. Anyway, the last time that I went, I had a crazy experience. I freaked out and cried like a baby for no apparent reason. I was all crazy tetanied up and also swinging my arms and stuff, acting like a fool. When they turned on the lights, I could barely contain myself. Everyone else had these great refreshing experiences and I was the one who was a mess, and blubbering. No one else got tetany. Granted, they had been going for some time, but I was very embarrassed. The instructor came over to talk to me and told me that I had angels standing around me during my freak out. She was very kind and said we could have a private session. (Inside I was like, "for what? So that I could possible privately freak out for no apparent reason in front of you?" awkward.) Though I had arrived to the session in perfectly good spirits, I left feeling fearful and upset. I thought the feeling would leave by the next day, but nope. It has pretty much stuck with me. Even when I feel better, I could pull up the feelings at will. Not that I would ever want to. I believe that I have dug up some emotional garbage that I need to get rid of. I kinda feel like the solution is to do more breathwork. Perhaps I wasn't done with the session or something. When I try to, I start to feel the tetany and get scared and exhausted and stop. I don't know what to do. Anyone relate or have advice? Thank you in advance. <3
Old 17-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Master
If your diet includes enough magnesium, you shouldn't have had tetany. Maybe stress is leaching your body of it and/or have other mineral imbalances going on.

Old 18-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Master
Zagacat... As a breath work therapist I will tell you that your experience shows you need some individual sessions to release the intense patterns that showed up.

Tetany is a sign of subconscious clinging to old emotions and with the right guidance they can be healed so you may go ahead in new ways.

Xan

Old 18-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Racer X

Do not fear any of the dark feelings which arise as you do this.....

They rise because they must rise~

Do not try to get rid of them......ALLOW them to present themselves while asking with-in "Show me this in the Light of the Divine Mind"~

Then simply Let it be~

You may want to listen to the Beatles "Let It Be" often and daily until you Master this stage~
Old 18-10-2011, 12:35 AM
Master
That's a cool and really nice suggestion, Racer X ~ yours too, Xan ~ and take an extra Magnesium capsule for good measure ~ and maybe visit your doc.

Old 18-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Experiencer
Beautiful insights, that touched my heart, thank you.

Silvergirl, thank you. I will definitely try some. I have some in the cupboard, I believe.

Xan, intense emotions kind of boggles my mind a bit. (I didn't know you were a breathwork therapist!!!) I have always taken things pretty well. I don't feel that I hold a lot inside. I had an intense childhood, like everyone, but it gave me valuable insights for my adult life. I am trying to figure out how to get kosher with doing a breath again. When I start tingling and feeling like there is a tight band around my head, I give up (like 5 minutes into it.) I am excited to get rid of what ever it is that I insist on clinging on to. I just am having a hard time making that leap. I was so proactive about starting it, but now I have come to a fearful halt and I know i don't want fear. Thank you for your guidance.

Racer X-thank you for your inspiring words. When I get to a point where I can move forward, I will keep this in mind. I am a very proactive person but I am stalled for some reason. Thank you. <3
Old 18-10-2011, 01:34 AM
mattie

Working With Energetic Debris That Is Unearthed As We Expand Energetically

As we begin to actively work w/ our energies the ‘intense patterns’ can show up (that Xan notes). We do allot of clearing our energy field, releasing old energetic debris.

Discharging Energetic Refuse That Arises As We Expand Our Consciousness-
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...540#post189540

Move past considering this a disaster. It isn't. That it is unfamiliar territory shows you're SUCCESSFULLY expanding your consciousness. What would be a disaster (or unproductive as disaster is a bit overstated) is if one never encountered unfamiliar territory as this is stasis. TRUST that you'll handle this fine, albeit it being unfamiliar territory. Have no fear. You have a substantial spiritual team who is there 24/7 to assist you w/ navigating new territory. Give your self a BIG energetic hug that you're entering new territory & appreciate that this is substantial progress.
Old 18-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Master
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/tetany

I really think medical advise is needed for tetany, so perhaps do research and see a doctor.

hyperventilation tetany tetany produced by forced inhalation and exhalation over a period of time.

I extracted this from the link.

Meditation does have the effect of bringing up 'emotion for no reason'.

I agree with Xan.
Old 18-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Master
Zagacat: Xan, intense emotions kind of boggles my mind a bit. (I didn't know you were a breathwork therapist!!!) I have always taken things pretty well. I don't feel that I hold a lot inside. I had an intense childhood, like everyone, but it gave me valuable insights for my adult life.

I am excited to get rid of what ever it is that I insist on clinging on to. I just am having a hard time making that leap. I was so proactive about starting it, but now I have come to a fearful halt and I know i don't want fear.

Zagacat... All that intensity and tetany and fear means is, there's More to be seen in your deeper mind. In my experience things like this come up just to be healed and released. It's an opportunity to go ahead further and better.

If you don't want to try breath work again, which is certainly understandable, you could go for something that eases through the hard parts, such as EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques... also with a trained practitioner.

You can check it out at:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

Xan

Old 18-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Experiencer
I actually have a deep respect for breathwork. I am highly intrigued by it and want to do more. Perhaps the word disaster does seem a little intense, however, I have been carrying heavy weighted feelings for over 3 1/2 months now. The situation seems so easy to solve. I have even put on weight-oddly enough. Emotional eating I am thinking.

I am not keen on people who just go around feeling sorry for themselves either. If that is what this seems like, I apologize. I am trying to come to an understanding as to why my excitement seemed to backfire. I totally didn't expect it. It is hard to describe why I am sitting here with a solution in sight, but can seem to make the step. I love breath work, and as soon as I can, I will continue with the process. I understand that it clears your body of 70% of the toxins. <3