Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-07-2020, 03:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
So if you had to describe the spiritual realm, how would you describe it? Does it operate by principle, or other means? What effects does it have on this world?

The mind wants to understand what the heart already knows, but everything that the mind understands is a concept, a mental construct, which in essence is a box; a thought form which has been framed. The mind places things in boxes, and lots of people live in those boxes which they have constructed in their head. In my opinion spirituality does not fit in a box and the spiritual realm is infinite, something which the human mind, words or thoughts, could never comprehend. Nonetheless, we can perceive it, view it, and get to know it, with our heart, at the core of our being, and once you get to know it you may never be able to accurately describe it.
Old 28-07-2020, 01:39 PM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
The mind wants to understand what the heart already knows, but everything that the mind understands is a concept, a mental construct, which in essence is a box; a thought form which has been framed. The mind places things in boxes, and lots of people live in those boxes which they have constructed in their head. In my opinion spirituality does not fit in a box and the spiritual realm is infinite, something which the human mind, words or thoughts, could never comprehend. Nonetheless, we can perceive it, view it, and get to know it, with our heart, at the core of our being, and once you get to know it you may never be able to accurately describe it.

Yes I think you are getting closer. However the mind is like a siamese twin so you can never go beyond it. But it can be transformed by or adapted to the energy body. Like Jesus was crucified to the cross, bearing the sins of mankind, so your mind has to be crucified to the energy body and cleared of all non-adaptive thoughts, concepts etc. I had a dream where two people looking exactly the same were dancing together, however one was a head shorter than the other. They had tattoos all over their body and as they danced the tattoos aligned with each other. Perhaps then the tattoos are symbolical of all the thoughts that "paint" the mind.
Old 28-07-2020, 01:44 PM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The way I see it ...

Your subconscious and your inner-self are in permanent contact with all the other entities' subconsciouses and inner-selves, agreeing together the blueprint of the physical reality. If you don't assertively create what you want, you'll have to react to whatever the others created.

Also, each one of us has an inner-guide who assists in whatever we have to learn (individually) while here (on Earth). When we stray away, or when we need some protection from probable future, this guide sends us messages, mostly in symbolical form. When we consciously act against what we're supposed to do, pain is a signal. We don't need suffering and pain to learn, excepting when we learn to avoid them.

The "miserable outcome" comes mainly form our indulging in emotions like anger, fear, hate. They create thought-forms that materialize in situations that bring into our lives more anger, fear, hate. So, no matter how justified you feel, never succumb to anger. It isn't as much what you do, as it is what you feel.

That is true. The situation in the dream could've been avoided. However, a dream I had signalled that it wouldn't be. So perhaps there is a mix of warnings and prophecies.

In any case, let's say that I would like to actively apporach this higher self or whatever you wanna call it, instead of spontaneously receiving messages like that, to have a more effective communication - do you have any suggstions?
Old 28-07-2020, 06:05 PM
Master

Quote:
That is true. The situation in the dream could've been avoided. However, a dream I had signalled that it wouldn't be. So perhaps there is a mix of warnings and prophecies.

In any case, let's say that I would like to actively apporach this higher self or whatever you wanna call it, instead of spontaneously receiving messages like that, to have a more effective communication - do you have any suggstions?
This might help: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...91&postcount=5
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-07-2020, 04:41 AM
1337_d00d

Quote:

I can't get into trance, and most nights I can't even sleep, but once in a while I get into dreams in the morning that's lately just been incomprehensible garbage.
Old 29-07-2020, 10:46 AM
ketzer

Quote:
So if you had to describe the spiritual realm, how would you describe it? Does it operate by principle, or other means? What effects does it have on this world?
Spiritual and Realm are of course two words that mean something a bit different to each individual speaker. I don't really think of things ultimately in terms of different 'realms'. There is one reality and perhaps infinity many different ways to experience it. It is only my focus that narrows/pars it down to what I am experiencing now and calling my life. The division between the two 'realms' is more or less a boundary which we temporarily create within the scope of our own awareness.

The reality I am experiencing now does seem to follow mathematical principals, at least those are the ones we can detect and describe. What other kinds of principals might be at work are more difficult to pin down and perhaps that is what people call spiritual vs the physical/mathematical ones. What other ways may exist to experience the larger reality is difficult to know while my awareness is focused and engrossed in this current limited one.

A continent may have many countries, each with many states, each with many cities, but they are ultimately all one continent.

A person may go to the beach, set up a chair and umbrella (six feet apart ;) and open up a book.....say Harry Potter. They may become so engrossed in the story that their mind enters the world of the story. Years may pass in the story while only a few hours pass on the beach. When the story is over they look up from the book and for a moment are disoriented until they remember and adjust to the fact that the whole time they have been sitting under an umbrella on the beach reading a story. Most will say that the story realm is a fictional one and the reality was they are sitting on a beach. But IMO, sitting on the beach is just another story they are experiencing. When it ends their awareness will expand and they will realize it was just a story, just a dream of another sort, and they will perhaps go looking for another good book.
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”

― Zhuangzi
Old 29-07-2020, 06:33 PM
Master

Quote:
I can't get into trance, and most nights I can't even sleep, but once in a while I get into dreams in the morning that's lately just been incomprehensible garbage.
Practice, and you'll do it in no time!

You can't expect to acquire a skill instantly (at least in the physical).

This should help you with sleeping too. Get into a light trance and tell your subconscious to adjust your trance for a safe and beneficial rest. Nothing more.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-07-2020, 06:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Spiritual and Realm are of course two words that mean something a bit different to each individual speaker. I don't really think of things ultimately in terms of different 'realms'. There is one reality and perhaps infinity many different ways to experience it. It is only my focus that narrows/pars it down to what I am experiencing now and calling my life. The division between the two 'realms' is more or less a boundary which we temporarily create within the scope of our own awareness.

The reality I am experiencing now does seem to follow mathematical principals, at least those are the ones we can detect and describe. What other kinds of principals might be at work are more difficult to pin down and perhaps that is what people call spiritual vs the physical/mathematical ones. What other ways may exist to experience the larger reality is difficult to know while my awareness is focused and engrossed in this current limited one.

A continent may have many countries, each with many states, each with many cities, but they are ultimately all one continent.

A person may go to the beach, set up a chair and umbrella (six feet apart ;) and open up a book.....say Harry Potter. They may become so engrossed in the story that their mind enters the world of the story. Years may pass in the story while only a few hours pass on the beach. When the story is over they look up from the book and for a moment are disoriented until they remember and adjust to the fact that the whole time they have been sitting under an umbrella on the beach reading a story. Most will say that the story realm is a fictional one and the reality was they are sitting on a beach. But IMO, sitting on the beach is just another story they are experiencing. When it ends their awareness will expand and they will realize it was just a story, just a dream of another sort, and they will perhaps go looking for another good book.
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”

― Zhuangzi
Good analogy!

I believe that the book isn't a novel, but a lab workbook for a class I'm taking, but most people believe it is a novel.
Old 29-07-2020, 08:25 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Good analogy!

I believe that the book isn't a novel, but a lab workbook for a class I'm taking, but most people believe it is a novel.
Lots of different media to check out from the library. Fiction, non-fiction, even video games, sky's the limit.