Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-05-2020, 07:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi John.. no I'm a bit boring really, as my favourite food of all time is the traditional fish and chips, mushy peas, loads of salt and vinegar, best eaten outdoors around the seaside harbour, which is no different to my life now!!!! (Was best eaten out of newspaper before health and hygiene intervened!!).. I can relate more to scars , phobias etc.. but that is possibly for another thread.
I was brought up eating fish and chips in which the fish got tartar sauce and the french fries got ketchup. Then I started going to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and found that salt and vinegar tasted really great.

Why are some people gravitated to one style of cooking while others gravitate to another style of cooking? Is it a group consciousness thing..... or could it be they shared past lives together?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 21-05-2020, 07:02 AM
hazada guess

Did someone mention Fish,chips and Mushy peas,Mmmmmmmmmm,one of my favorite foods.
Old 21-05-2020, 11:29 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Did someone mention Fish,chips and Mushy peas,Mmmmmmmmmm,one of my favorite foods.
GET OFF... Sorry, not sharing lol.... Some things in life are just to good to share ....!
Old 21-05-2020, 11:35 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I was brought up eating fish and chips in which the fish got tartar sauce and the french fries got ketchup. Then I started going to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and found that salt and vinegar tasted really great.

Why are some people gravitated to one style of cooking while others gravitate to another style of cooking? Is it a group consciousness thing..... or could it be they shared past lives together?
Ooohh yes, bit of tartare sauce too, but tend to find thats if I eat in restaurant lol. Don't know really though about what food we are "drawn" to inexplicably. I know that one of my son's has a completely different diet , now that he has his own home , to the diet he was raised in. They eat loads of pasta based meals, whereas he was more used to things like a traditional roast , jacket potato with cheese n salad etc etc etc.... Of course there is always the very distinct possibility that mammas food was just **** lol...
Old 21-05-2020, 09:49 PM
Master
Hmmm... it's sure interesting. But at the same time a difficult one to use to base any conclusions on. For instance, foods are also fad-sensitive. When I was younger no one ate pasta or Thai or whatever. All we had was pretty much our own Dutch food, the chip shop, and yes Chinese. Now eating normal Dutch food is almost not done, like you have to eat foreign stuff every day to be normal.

Also, potatoes have been in Europe for quite a long time, so favouring those is no indication of an Indian life, can simply be European.

One thing that sure did make me think when it comes to food... I HATE Italian herbs. I don't like the smell, don't like the taste. Thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, YUK!! Maybe I was taken by Romans and forced to eat their food with their herbs, hihi.
I do like pizza and pasta occasionally, not too often, but not if there's too much of any of these herbs on them. Makes me feel sick.

In general I'm a typical Dutch-food eater.
Old 22-05-2020, 10:40 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Hmmm... it's sure interesting. But at the same time a difficult one to use to base any conclusions on. For instance, foods are also fad-sensitive. When I was younger no one ate pasta or Thai or whatever. All we had was pretty much our own Dutch food, the chip shop, and yes Chinese. Now eating normal Dutch food is almost not done, like you have to eat foreign stuff every day to be normal.

Also, potatoes have been in Europe for quite a long time, so favouring those is no indication of an Indian life, can simply be European.

One thing that sure did make me think when it comes to food... I HATE Italian herbs. I don't like the smell, don't like the taste. Thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, YUK!! Maybe I was taken by Romans and forced to eat their food with their herbs, hihi.
I do like pizza and pasta occasionally, not too often, but not if there's too much of any of these herbs on them. Makes me feel sick.

In general I'm a typical Dutch-food eater.
Hi.. yes maybe was herb overdrive lol... Bit when we were young and "made" to eat our veg.. and if we didn't eat it hot, we had to eat it cold .. yuk. It is interesting though, the concept of food with regard to past life. For example I'm very drawn to Africa and am convinced I lived there in past life, so many things connect to there, and yet I'm not drawn to the food!!!! So maybe I was never there! The whole concept of past life is fascinating as in was I/ wasn't I !!!
Old 23-05-2020, 09:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi.. yes maybe was herb overdrive lol... Bit when we were young and "made" to eat our veg.. and if we didn't eat it hot, we had to eat it cold .. yuk. It is interesting though, the concept of food with regard to past life. For example I'm very drawn to Africa and am convinced I lived there in past life, so many things connect to there, and yet I'm not drawn to the food!!!! So maybe I was never there! The whole concept of past life is fascinating as in was I/ wasn't I !!!
I think sometimes maybe we feel drawn to an area or country for its energies, that we need that in our system?
And if you leave the food out of the equation... who says you weren't there? The food might not mean anything, and also food can have changed over the millenia. Africa used to be green for instance, so in those days food was likely very different from what they have now.

Funny enough I also feel drawn to Africa. I did as a teenager, then it went away entirely only to come back since about 2 years and of late getting stronger. I also don't feel I had a life there, but who knows.
The same with Egypt. Okay, also Africa, I know but when I say Africa I don't really mean Egypt. I never felt drawn to it, the pyramids etc. It seemed a lot of to-do to me, all that tourist stuff.
But then I read a book on it, a spiritual novel by Diana Cooper, and that explains about the energetic significance of the pyramids, the leyline connected to it that runs all the way to Dunbar, SA. And BANG, suddenly I have a major interest it!
Not a feeling of past life there, but I now do want to go there, to feel and see for myself.
Old 24-05-2020, 11:41 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I think sometimes maybe we feel drawn to an area or country for its energies, that we need that in our system?
And if you leave the food out of the equation... who says you weren't there? The food might not mean anything, and also food can have changed over the millenia. Africa used to be green for instance, so in those days food was likely very different from what they have now.

Funny enough I also feel drawn to Africa. I did as a teenager, then it went away entirely only to come back since about 2 years and of late getting stronger. I also don't feel I had a life there, but who knows.
The same with Egypt. Okay, also Africa, I know but when I say Africa I don't really mean Egypt. I never felt drawn to it, the pyramids etc. It seemed a lot of to-do to me, all that tourist stuff.
But then I read a book on it, a spiritual novel by Diana Cooper, and that explains about the energetic significance of the pyramids, the leyline connected to it that runs all the way to Dunbar, SA. And BANG, suddenly I have a major interest it!
Not a feeling of past life there, but I now do want to go there, to feel and see for myself.
Hi.. gosh well you said something there about needing their energies. I need the sun!! The heat !.. l have dreams of Africa, and help the animals and children there to be educated. I am a leo and have the typical wild lions mane hair, untamed. In fact my hairdresser once told me I had real "Afro" hair, which I was surprised at because I am whiter than white and didn't think that was genetically possible. But I was thrilled nontheless !!
Old 24-05-2020, 12:25 PM
ketzer

I must be what ya call one of dem old souls because I like just about everything when it comes to food ...or maybe it just means I died of hunger.

If one died in the Irish potato famine, maybe they become hungry for potatoes for eternity.

Liking spam wouldn't be all that informative as it is loved the world over, but I suppose it could mean you were a soldier on some battlefield in WW2.

If you like Limburger cheese it could mean you had stinky feet in a previous life.

If all you like is fish and chips it means you were a shark in a previous life and ate a lot of Irish fisherman.

Loving Indian curries doesn't tell you anything about previous lives, but is a good sign you are normal in this one.

If you like to graze on the lawn, it could mean you were a rabbit in a previous life, or just a good sign that you are not normal in this one.

Perhaps I could make a living as a forensic spiritual dietitian.
I bet people would be hungry for my knowledge.

Old 24-05-2020, 01:12 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I must be what ya call one of dem old souls because I like just about everything when it comes to food ...or maybe it just means I died of hunger.

If one died in the Irish potato famine, maybe they become hungry for potatoes for eternity.

Liking spam wouldn't be all that informative as it is loved the world over, but I suppose it could mean you were a soldier on some battlefield in WW2.

If you like Limburger cheese it could mean you had stinky feet in a previous life.

If all you like is fish and chips it means you were a shark in a previous life and ate a lot of Irish fisherman.

Loving Indian curries doesn't tell you anything about previous lives, but is a good sign you are normal in this one.

If you like to graze on the lawn, it could mean you were a rabbit in a previous life, or just a good sign that you are not normal in this one.

Perhaps I could make a living as a forensic spiritual dietitian.
I bet people would be hungry for my knowledge.

Oh gosh Ketzer.. don't be guilt tripping me that I was a shark eating Irish fishermen !!!!! I'm gonna think about that now next time I (try) to tuck into fish n chips! So what do the mushy peas mean??????