Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 21-03-2020, 01:36 AM
Pathfinder

a simple question about reincarnation

I know that there is a lot of evidence for reincarnation but I am struggling with this and I would like some of you to explain a concept to me. If we have soulmates, loved one, family etc... whom have already crossed over and we are looking forward to seeing them on the other side when we die and they have already reincarnated when we die, how will we see them?
How is this supposed to work?
Old 21-03-2020, 02:40 AM
Master

There isn't a single opinion / belief about afterlife and reincarnation, as you probably are aware. People who experienced those under hypnosis, near-death-experiences, in meditation, or other states of consciousness perceive and report back mostly what they already believe, expect to find, or are unconsciously influenced by the beliefs of those who facilitate those experiences (e.g. hypnotists).

My suggestion is to start learning how to turn inwards, have your own experiences, and access your inner source of knowledge and guidance.

As far as I believe, each one of us is an incarnation of a non-physical entity, that keeps reincarnating until it achieves a certain degree of evolvement. We-here aren't aware of the full extent of our entity's mind. It is like we are in our dreams compared to our awake minds. When we die we "wake up" to our entity, as we wake up from sleep to our awake selves.

From this perspective, after we die we won't be who we are now. But we'll return to who we were before we incarnated, hopefully more evolved (like returning home from school, a little wiser).

At the same time, the personality we are now, and that passed on, doesn't really die. It is like a play or movie that ended, a DVD that was played, and remains in the DVD collection, and can be replayed again, as it was or changed as desired, whenever the entity feels like.

From that perspective we never died, and go forever, somewhat stuck at that level, unaware of what happened. The personality drifts into an optimum of its life, experienced or desired, maintained in a loop. This isn't bad.

If you contact such a personality, you'll find it being content, busy "living" the loop it settled in, you can interact with it as you interacted with that person, but you can't learn from it more than they knew when they died.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-03-2020, 05:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann299
I know that there is a lot of evidence for reincarnation but I am struggling with this and I would like some of you to explain a concept to me. If we have soulmates, loved one, family etc... whom have already crossed over and we are looking forward to seeing them on the other side when we die and they have already reincarnated when we die, how will we see them?

This is not a problem. If a loved one has crossed over and is then reborn before we ourselves leave the body, then we will simply catch up with them at some later stage. Perhaps we will still be between incarnations when that loved one leaves their new body and we can have a delayed reunion.

Or otherwise we can spend time with the loved one while their new body is asleep and they are temporarily out on the astral planes.

Another variation of your question is what about when we die and find ourselves on a particular astral plane, while the loved one (who may have died some time earlier) has since progressed onto a higher astral plane as part of their after-life development. They may come to meet us when we too leave our body but then they return to their own habitat. We may catch up with them, or we may not. It is not automatic that we would spend time together because we may be at different stages of advancement.

A simple way to consider it is that we each belong to our own soul group. Individuals in the same soul group will have many incarnations together in varying relationships - friends, lovers, siblings, parent/child, etc. Not all members in that soul group incarnate at the same time. Some will be on Earth, others will be on the higher planes. When we encounter someone in our soul group (whether physically on Earth or not) then there is a recognition and a connection.

Peace
Old 21-03-2020, 09:38 AM
Everything I have read, ha, for decades, talks about us not coming back here for a long while.
Like a generation sometimes - 50 or so years.
We spend a bit of time there!

I don't have any issue about seeing any loved ones
because they are back here -LOL - My issue would be that one in particular is so advanced it would take me awhile
to be able to be in her presence! I joke...
my Aunt and spiritual mentor and inspiration.

Have you seen the movie, "The Astral City: A Spiritual Journey"?
It takes awhile for the main character's mother to come "down" to his sphere to visit him...she's way 'up there'. Ha!
It explains a lot, and from everything I know or read, is very very accurate.
Lines up with the many messages from the Other Side received by many mediums here.

iamthat - a recognition and connection...ha, I gather it's like a celebration of love!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2020, 12:06 PM
Master

in my experience you generally meet those you love again, and there is a spark of recognition; but you may or may not consciously recognize it.

And they may be in a different role - e.g. a lover can become a parent or sibling or just a friend, or even you may kinda just meet for a moment to say 'hi' and then move on with your current lives...

i don't know about you, but in my lives there are several who go about like this!
Sometimes one is more important than another and other times the roles switch acround.
Old 22-03-2020, 03:26 PM
Guide
Quote:

Based on a strange memory I have, I think people come to this planet in groups. Everyone makes a map of what they want to experience, then there is a meeting and everyone shares their maps, with "at this junction I need ... to have this experience" and someone, maybe multiple people look at their maps and say I will be in that "location" then I can ... Etc.

We are not supposed to, but can, have memories about this or other lives we have experienced. And often it is the same people we are with now. That is how we attract people into our lives that we think don't fit, they do, it was planned that way.

Reincarnation is not random any more than any of us being where we are right now, thinking and feeling and being in a physical body are the experience. Some times someone has so much fun they get back in line as soon as they got off the ride.

That is one picture of reality, there are as many more as there are people on the planet. You have to figure what you know and how you think the world and being human on planet earth works for yourself. No one can give you an exact answer of how or why You are here, they can only figure out why They are here.
Old 22-03-2020, 04:42 PM
Experiencer

This is one thing that baffles me.
If you believe in reincarnation, you believe in multiple lives.
So you've been around more than a million times.
So you've also had millions of loved ones.
And will have other ones in your next life.
Yet people cling to these people that are around in this life. And never want to let go.
Old 22-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
This is one thing that baffles me.
If you believe in reincarnation, you believe in multiple lives.
So you've been around more than a million times.
So you've also had millions of loved ones.
And will have other ones in your next life.
Yet people cling to these people that are around in this life. And never want to let go.
The point is that it isn't this-you that had all those lives. This-you is only one of the lives had by a non-physical entity.

Think in terms of the you-in-one-of-your-dreams (like this-you) vs. you-the-dreamer (entity), and vs. all the other many other you-in-other-of-your-dreams (other lives).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-03-2020, 05:20 PM
Experiencer

Yes, you are different in all your lives.
I don't see how that makes a difference.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:55 PM
bartholomew

The difficulty in this sort of question is that we tend to identify as our present personalities. The life just past is continued in one of the Earth "heavens" for sometimes quite a while before it dissipates (ascends again). But it is the soul which is (nearly) eternal, not the personality. The soul which is the life force behind that personality is in a somewhat higher of the Earth's "heavens". It may reincarnate without causing any disturbance to the previous astral body simply because the new life is just that. Each new life projected by a soul is unique, has never lived before but it may seem like a continuation because of resonance with previous lives through the soul. Imagine one soul using many, many different bodies, personalities each one unique and disposable (after a time).

Here is another way of looking at it. The personality that is me right now will pass and what has been experienced will be assimilated by my soul. Then my soul will project again but this time a new personality is created and used. All this happens while my present personality lives on in one of the mid astral planes for a certain time. The new personality may then easily "remember" this present one. This is what perpetuates the idea of us living more than one life.

The reason we tend to speak in terms of past lives is simply because each body/personality is attuned, through the soul, to all the others that came before. Then, because we on Earth are personality centered, we are given to say "I lived before as ..... etc". When a psychic speaks of a past life for a client he or she does so because a connection to the mid astral where the continuation of past lives remain vital. This is the realm of the akashic records (the hall of records) But each life is a different personality.

Sorry for the complexity but here's the direct answer. The personality that passed retains vitality on the astral no matter what it's soul is doing. Then when you pass you can easily meet it and it seems just as real as it did before. But this is nothing to do with the soul which may be now using a newer personality. See?

Human souls are made of and have livingness on the higher of the mental sub planes and lower of the several higher planes which surround the Earth. Personalities ascend no higher than the upper astral and lower to mid mental planes.

Reincarnation does not mean that individual personalities keep coming back. A body and personality lives only one time. When we learn to think of ourselves as souls and not personalities we will suddenly have much better understanding.

Here is a test of truth. Christians maintain that reincarnation is false doctrine. They are correct because they are thinking in terms of personalities returning intact in a new body. Personalities do not reincarnate! Meanwhile reincarnationists will say that we live thousands of lifetimes. They are also correct because the soul uses a new personality each time. When arguments are neutralized we may be sure that we are approaching a certain level of "truth". But remember that truths are fluid. As we ascend we realize more and truths have to adjust. Here is an example of a seeming contradiction. A master soul may take a new body which has the same personality as some previous life. Does this negate what i have said? No because the master has duplicated the previous personality for some particular reason. A master soul may also keep and maintain a particular personality on the high end of the astral and use it when coming back to Earth for some particular purpose. This is a little about the mechanics of visions of saints and that sort of thing. When people report seeing and interacting with "light beings" this is almost certainly what is happening. When this happens the man or woman on Earth may report a brilliant light (or the burning bush of Moses). This phenomena is only a bit of high astral plane (heaven) material. The visages are "suits of clothing" used by the Master who is well aware of our limitations. This last demonstrates the reality of the Earth's heavens and a few ways in which they are used.

You may meet your kin after your death with no trouble at all even if the soul of that person is projected into a new personality/body at the time. If this topic is expanded we find that we are beginning to have a better understanding of such things as twin flames, soul mates etc etc... (note: Time flow on the astral is significantly slower than here in the dense physical.)

We live in stages. We pass from each of the "heavens" in turn. Ascension is done plane by plane. "My Fathers home has many mansions" (not a direct quote).

Sorry. As always I tend to say too much. The above results from a channeling connection.

Quote: