Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-06-2020, 03:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
But then......... according to some, negative evidence holds greater credence then does facts. The fact seem to always be wrong.

Wait....... that is what people say after they have been arrested.

Wait, what? Did you bring your silly self to the forum?.
Old 20-06-2020, 07:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I am no authority on early Christianity - my interest in it is somewhat limited. It is difficult to wade through all the scholastic arguments to find concrete facts.
Yes, indeed. I am familiar with textual criticism, which is why I'm puzzled why you would apply it to one religion and not to another, apply it to one belief (Christianity) and not another (reincarnation). If we value these kind of rational attitudes towards the study of religion and religious beliefs than we should apply the same with beliefs in reincarnation. The support for reincarnation in the Bible is very weak and we know the central message of the N.T. makes belief in it not relevant.

Last edited by Altair : 20-06-2020 at 08:21 AM.
Old 20-06-2020, 07:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Wait, what? Did you bring your silly self to the forum?.
Naaaw,

I was just reflecting back to one of my posits...... #31. And then there is #12 and #20.

In posit #20 I reveal that in a past life I wrote my own autobiography. Lately, I have been keeping a copy of that autobiography on my desk. I believe my favorite page is page #117. I plan on presenting part of that page sometime in the future. I almost died then but oddly enough I was able to get the upper hand. Surprisingly, nobody has ever claimed that was not me in that life time.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Naaaw,

I was just reflecting back to one of my posits...... #31. And then there is #12 and #20.

In posit #20 I reveal that in a past life I wrote my own autobiography. Lately, I have been keeping a copy of that autobiography on my desk. I believe my favorite page is page #117. I plan on presenting part of that page sometime in the future. I almost died then but oddly enough I was able to get the upper hand. Surprisingly, nobody has ever claimed that was not me in that life time.

Somehow, as soon as I posted, I regretted not reading the whole thread. Now I am intrigued! maybe after a little more sleep. Thank you for the bread crumbs into the forest!
Old 20-06-2020, 09:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes, indeed. I am familiar with textual criticism, which is why I'm puzzled why you would apply it to one religion and not to another, apply it to one belief (Christianity) and not another (reincarnation).

I am certainly willing to admit that I have no personal evidence regarding the validity of reincarnation. I cannot say that I know reincarnation to be a fact, although the research done into children's memories of their previous life is quite convincing. But for me (and for many others far wiser than I am) reincarnation is the only explanation which makes sense of human existence.

Peace
Old 21-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Master

Wonderful insights in early christianity by iamthat n line53. Even if one does not believe in reinacrnation,there definitely is case for eternity of life in all religions.

importance of belief in this is how it impacts your current life. As stated by Iamthat, it can be proven only through synthesis of all learnings.
Old 20-08-2020, 02:06 AM
Seeker

I have long had the feeling i went down with the Titanic , can feel connections to ships and shipping industry , also worked in shipyards in this life. I always drink anything warm , even my beer (people think i'm weird with that), but i and my stomach do not like cold liquids. I was born a little after midnight on april 15th.
Old 15-09-2020, 05:54 AM
Master
I don't even know who I am in this present life let alone in a prior one. If I ever get a Past life regression session done I hope I was not into anything deviant is why I'm afraid of the whole past lives aspect. I wonder if I was born under a different Zodiac sign in another life .
Old 03-10-2020, 03:48 AM
Master
Exclamation

Quote:
Naaaw,

I am almost done writing about my last life time: another 'auto'biography.

In that life time, I witness the A-bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:20 PM
Pathfinder

I was told that I was a nurse during the war in the early 1930s. I'm today a social worker and activist.