Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 27-07-2019, 06:30 AM
Master

I believe that spirituality can be found only by turning toward inside, while putting aside all our biases and others' teachings, and find out first hand.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 27-07-2019, 01:43 PM
Pathfinder
On the end of the day...you can read tons of religious books, visit all kind of gurus and temples...but is it like that? Like the Buddhist are saying? Or maybe is it like Islam is saying? Maybe Christians? Maybe Gnostics? Maybe Hindus? Or maybe Native Americans? Or maybe the old Egyptians had it right? Or maybe the Aztecs? Maybe voodoo priests? Or maybe some other religion or millions if not billions of different theories and philosophies have it right? Which book is right and which book is wrong? From my point of view people describe the same ''things'' with their own language and understanding, based on their own experience, culture...and each life form, each soul is completely unique, so noone is actaully wrong, we are the one who make them wrong, because they have to accept >>our own way.<<Probably also because we want to have assurance, we want to feel safe...we don't want to be wrong about the existence,...and don't have insecurity that we might be wrong...but ironically almost all religious books and texts....claim that God is in us, with us...etc..trust him/her...and when we start to trust everyone and everything else more than oneself as our own holiness, our own inner knowing,...our own christ, vishnu, angel, goddess,... I think that's exactly the point where we begin to get lost, scared,afraid,...
Old 27-07-2019, 05:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

Reality remains a mystery even though the principles have been understood.

Please enlighten me, I'd be very thankful to at last learn the principles of reality.
Don't, whatever you do, leave me in the lurch, my time is running out.
Old 27-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Please enlighten me, I'd be very thankful to at last learn the principles of reality.

' Don't, whatever you do, leave me in the lurch, my time is running out.'

Don't hold your breath while your waiting Busby
Old 28-07-2019, 03:07 AM
Master
Quote:

How on earth am I supposed to explain that? Perhaps I should have said that "to me" the principles have been understood.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-07-2019, 07:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
On the end of the day...you can read tons of religious books, visit all kind of gurus and temples...but is it like that? Like the Buddhist are saying? Or maybe is it like Islam is saying? Maybe Christians? Maybe Gnostics? Maybe Hindus? Or maybe Native Americans? Or maybe the old Egyptians had it right? Or maybe the Aztecs? Maybe voodoo priests? Or maybe some other religion or millions if not billions of different theories and philosophies have it right? Which book is right and which book is wrong? From my point of view people describe the same ''things'' with their own language and understanding, based on their own experience, culture...and each life form, each soul is completely unique, so noone is actaully wrong, we are the one who make them wrong, because they have to accept >>our own way.<<Probably also because we want to have assurance, we want to feel safe...we don't want to be wrong about the existence,...and don't have insecurity that we might be wrong...but ironically almost all religious books and texts....claim that God is in us, with us...etc..trust him/her...and when we start to trust everyone and everything else more than oneself as our own holiness, our own inner knowing,...our own christ, vishnu, angel, goddess,... I think that's exactly the point where we begin to get lost, scared,afraid,...

Thanks meetjazz: just the right set of paragraphs for me to add my bit to your ponderings.

There's a fellow in Scotland called Andrew McTavish, you probably don't know him and I certainly don't but he's the one if you want to know what this world is all about. He is one of the 8 billion humans who live on this planet at the moment and what he'll tell you about life will be the truth.
Should you not believe him then ask Helmut Gerber - he lives in Germany you'll find him in the telephone book, what he will tell you will be the truth. As a last possibility when your world seems about to be unreal ask Elaine Defoe in Paris - she'll soon put you on the right track.

What's my point you may well ask. It's simply this; there is only one person who knows the truth and that person is surrounded with it, this person is you. The world in which you live is the only one there is, you formed yourself in your mother's womb to fit into the world about to be entered.

The only truth there is is you.
Old 30-07-2019, 08:40 AM
Master
Quote:
The only truth there is is you.

Too simplistic. Where does 'you' exist? In what context? I exist. That is true. However I think there needs to be some basis for reality in order for me to exist in the first place.

Old 30-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Too simplistic. Where does 'you' exist? In what context? I exist. That is true. However I think there needs to be some basis for reality in order for me to exist in the first place.

Yes. it is too simple to be true - it seems.
We do after all need Bibles, Korans, Vedas, Theology, Churches, Synodes, Funny hats, Mohammed, Jesus, Souls, Spirits, Heavens, Hells, Angels, Ghosts, and the rest - we do, it seems, need to listen to those who know better, that's why I suggested Andrew McTavish, Helmut Gerber and Elaine Defoe.
They can give just as good an account as anyone else.

The basis for reality that you seek is your awareness of yourself. What you do with it is up to you as part of nature - as part of a whole - in which you exist.
Old 30-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Master
You may be right. It is a sobering thought.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Slowly my understand of modern spirituality has grown. I now understand the principles of most spiritual teaching. From Universal I AM and solipsism to belief in God the Creator to belief in Pagan Gods and so on. It is a wonder to have the understanding in my mind.

I stand at the crossroads of all reality. I can choose to go in any direction. There is so much choice. It is better to be still and take it all in. I do not *know* the answer. Reality remains a mystery even though the principles have been understood.
maybe were taking it to literal and seriously. Mr. Bean has it figured out

Last edited by hallow : 12-01-2020 at 11:35 AM.