Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-08-2019, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Thank you for the practical suggestion! I am just now learning this! Thank you for putting it in words!
Your welcome.

��
Old 13-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Suspended
Smile An excellent thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
From my brief time on this forum, I know there is at least another empath on it. So, I am wondering how many empaths there is on this Forum?

This is the official definition of the American Empath Association: An Empath is someone who understands the mental or emotional states of others in a way that defies conventional science and psychology. Empaths have the ability to sense the feelings, thoughts, and energies of people, plants, animals, places, or objects....
What an excellent thread that awaken so many memories along with them feelings related to these memories. I may need 2-3 weeks to process all.

First of all, I do not agree with the whole of the definition given by whoever it was that gave this definition in the American Empath Association or agreed with others upon this.

The first thing I disagree with is that, objects have thoughts and feelings. Objects do not have feelings or thoughts only human beings that have been objectified and treated/seen as objects by certain others which I believe that is the case with those who came up with or agreed with about the definition provided by the specific association.

Objects do carry the energy of people which transfer these to objects for example a stone held by another when this stone was held.

By holding this object another can sense the emotional mood, feelings , even have visions related to this person , past or future.

However sense has absolutely nothing to do with empathy even though it may be related to it from the point of view that what another senses may invoke feelings of empathy. But not necessary.

Sense and empathy therefore, for me , are completely different things and this is the second one, I disagree with the specific definition.

Empathy for me, is more or less what Native Spirit describe in this thread to be.

For me , empathy is the ability of another to place themselves into the shoes, situation, position of another and feel what they feel and therefore, understand this feeling and people who has this as well as reason why.

Empathy is a greek word that when translated means to suffer along with another and with their suffering due to an unfortunate event or experience that causes emotional pain to another and without having had this experience to feel the emotional pain and suffering of another, as if the experience and unfortunate event was yours and had this.

It also means to feel emotional pain along with another for the unfortunate event that took place in their lives, and to share, feel this pain along with them, once again as if your own person had this unfortunate event and experience.

I believe that everyone comes in this world, already with their own personality and character, already having certain skills, talents, abilities, qualities, characteristical traits that are to be developed, developed further or not at all.

For me, empathy is not just an ability but, a quality that another has in their personality and character or not.

This is whether the environment of another as a child comes in. My first memories in life and my life as a kid, include to be learning how to act and act based on feelings of empathy and empathy from my mother.

How the feelings of empathy and empathy affected my life or my person is the exact and the same as being asked , how is it to be able to feel the pain and suffering of another without having had the specific experience or event is that, I am more aware of human nature, my human nature and that of others and more aware that, the fact that another is human or human being , it does not that, they are humane.

I am glad that I am not just a human with just two legs , two hands, a head etc. but, humane as well.

Too many questions in this thread. Will have to pop by again, for the rest.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 02-08-2021 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 13-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
What an excellent thread that awaken so many memories along with them feelings related to these memories. I may need 2-3 weeks to process all.
(…)
Too many questions in this thread. Will have to pop by again, for the rest.
Hello Sunshine
Take your time, no rush.
Its always a pleasure to read and feel you
Enjoy!
Old 14-10-2019, 12:27 AM
Experiencer

I'm an empath, and I think it was something that I had at an early age and only got more intuned to it as I got older. It's nice in a way that it can help one understand others, tho sometimes I have my moments of confusion with it.
Old 14-10-2019, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:

First of all, I do not agree with the whole of the definition given by whoever it was that gave this definition in the American Empath Association or agreed with others upon this.

The first thing I disagree with is that, objects have thoughts and feelings.

There is a difference between empathy and being an empath.

https://www.thecpdiary.com/daily-blo...thy-and-empath

Walking in someone’s shoes isn’t quite how an empath functions. It’s much more than this.
Old 15-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello Sunshine
Take your time, no rush.
Its always a pleasure to read and feel you
Bonjour Legrand

Le plaisir est le mien

What is your own definition of empathy and being an empath, in your own words, irrelevant to any definitions given by any association or person?.

How do you perceive and understand this?.
Old 15-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Suspended
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
There is a difference between empathy and being an empath.
https://www.thecpdiary.com/daily-blo...thy-and-empath
Walking in someone’s shoes isn’t quite how an empath functions. It’s much more than this.
Do you want to answer the questions of the original post/thread instead of just copying and pasting links on your window?.

Are you the author of the specific document or have you just adopted this blindly and agreeing with it?.

The first question of the original poster and creator of this thread is whether you are an empath or not.

How an empath functions is how I live my life daily in practice and action, not just words and in the way, I perceive, feel and experience this which I really do not have to share with anyone and most definitely, not with all.
Old 15-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Suspended
In my opinion based on my experience, empaths should be very careful in their dealings with others as those dark, negative forces and energies do also SENSE this quality and ability and their intentions are nothing but ill and malicious.

Trust in own gut insticts, self awareness, own perception of matters, what constitutes the truth for each individual with this ability and quality, what is and is not and acting on one's own truth after discrimination are just KEY elements and paramount to nothing but, good, healthy choices, decisions and a much better life than before.
Old 15-10-2019, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Do you want to answer the questions of the original post/thread instead of just copying and pasting links on your window?.
Are you the author of the specific document or have you just adopted this blindly and agreeing with it?.
The first question of the original poster and creator of this thread is whether you are an empath or not.
How an empath functions is how I live my life daily in practice and action, not just words and in the way, I perceive, feel and experience this which I really do not have to share with anyone and most definitely, not with all.
I have already if you have noticed and read back.

Have you considered what I shared about differences or are you avoiding because it might go against your view? I posted the link to open your awareness if you cared to read it.

Your post needed addressing to highlight how easily people can believe things that are not entirely true that others post.
Old 15-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Suspended
Just Be and Let "others" Be.

I am very well aware that, you are not God and not right in everything that you say or even impose or want to impose on "others" who can "sense", "feel" of what the truth is and is not for each one of them and for each and every single thing in this life but, most of all, HAVE their OWN mind and can make their own mind freely and indepedently.

I trust in others that they do have the ability to form their own judgement of matters and reach their own conclusion.

My own judgement is a fact and the fact that, THIS IS A PLACE FOR EMPATHS TO SHARE, if you want to share as "an empath" in the way you view and perceive this any further from your own experiences, based on the questions of this thread then, I will address and welcome this.

Anything else other than this is completely unwelcome and unwanted, will receive no acknowledgement and will be completely ignored by me.

Not just be but, let others be and stop imposing on me and/or "others" or forcing me or "others" to adopt your viewpoints as, the only viewpoints that are right and your person as the only person who is right and is right in everything you say while another or other who do not follow, obey, adopt your own views as you perceive them, wrong.