Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 29-09-2006, 11:18 AM
AL

cooking with love

Within the path which I have drawn much knowledge and experience is the direction to prepare food while in a state of Godly love.
We could universalise it and just say spiritual love.
While we prepare food, the vibrations from our thoughts go into the food that we are handling. If we are cooking for others, then our energy will be transferred to them and the food will pass on the quality of our vibrations and have an effect on the culinary/ spiritual experience.
When we eat food, it is best to be as peaceful and calm as possible, in a spiritual state of being preferably. Apart from anything else, we will probably chew more, aiding digestion.
Consider the caring and loving mother who's food always somehow tastes better than all the rest.
The way to a mans heart is through his stomach?
Does anyone have any thoughts on these matters be it personal or from their spiritual teachings.
Food with love, how else.
Love Al
Old 29-09-2006, 12:03 PM
dreamer

Food definately tastes better and is more fun to make when it is made with love, i will try that I don't make much effort with food, too busy in a world of my own but this makes sense, thanks.
Old 29-09-2006, 12:49 PM
rose

reminds me of the book and movie Like Water For Chocolate...where the protagonist affects everyone through the food she prepares. when she's heartbroken she has everyone in tears after eating.

it's always stayed in my head when i cook for others. unfortunately cooking for more than 2 people can stress me out....now when i have different people for dinner i cook the same dish each time. my old faithful. as i've never mastered the art of timing....in anything! i better get out of my comfort zone and use another fail proof recipe. if only people were more open to home delivered indian takeways when they come over to stay!
Old 29-09-2006, 06:46 PM
e-ma

I remember seeing a study on water which had been blessed, and the blessed water in microscopic closeup had the most amazing light energy to it.

If water is so easily charged by intent, then food most definitely must be too.

I love to use my food preperation as a meditation, and when making a cup of tea too, I love to take my time and do it mindfully. Like a little daily ritual / meditation.
Old 30-09-2006, 04:54 AM
mikron

The nature of reality is holgraphic and Light can and does go into food in a most wonder way
Old 30-09-2006, 09:53 AM
AL

yum yum

munch munch...... I sallow the bread/ cake, which was made by an angry even violent individual who was argueing with their work mate at the time.
My point here is to draw attention to the subtle energies at work, things which we may never have been made aware of in our half baked educations which are related to "CAUSE" an "EFFECT".
Another recipe from the karmic cookbook. (could be a good name for a cook book actually)
Al

Last edited by AL : 23-10-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 30-09-2006, 12:12 PM
e-ma

I doubt we could ever be in control of all of the karmic history of our food. Every cafe, restaurant, every processed food item, how could we ever know? There's food at the stage of planting, growth, harvest, transport, refining, processing, mixing, preparing, cooking, serving..

The world is like a big swirling cooking pot, energies merging and flowing and attracting and dispersing.. all in constant motion..
Old 14-10-2006, 09:56 AM
AL

Yes, but we can, when we get this food, give it powerful thoughts/ vibrations. Fill it with love and light. It is all we can do, short of doing the whole process ourselves, which is not practical for most.
I am more concerned about other ingredients in bought food really, particularly all this veg oil in fast foods.
My diet is at its best when I am unemployed/ skint. Oh irony.
Old 14-10-2006, 11:25 PM
BLAIR2BE

they call it "soul food" around here... when mama or grandma cooks a delicious feast that puts everyone to sleep. ive watched my grandma cook, she'll add virtually nothing to the food. she just cooks it. but when its done, it is the best dish a mouth ever tasted. she loves us very much, and her food reflects that.... soul food!!!
Closed Thread