Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-07-2019, 06:01 AM
Knower
Robert Adams

I'm dedicating this thread to Robert Adams (neo-Advaita teacher).

Will share some of the core teachings of Sri Robert Adams here

Change no one.
Change nothing.
React to no one, react to nothing.
Do not live in the past and do not worry about the future.
Stay in the eternal now, where all is well.

After all you are me and I am you.
There's no difference.
Do not react to the world.
Do not even react to your own body.
Do not even react to your own thoughts.
Learn to become the witness.
Learn to be quiet.

Robert Adams
Old 15-07-2019, 06:11 AM
Knower
It's in the silence that your problems just dissolve. Try it. It really works.

Robert Adams
Old 15-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Isn't his thoughts about non reaction simply a reaction of his thoughts not to react?
x daz x

These are not (his) mere thoughts, these are the teachings of Advaita Vedanta propagated by Sri Shankara and Sri Ramana Maharshi.

Non-reaction means - not acting automatically....and becoming a watcher of your mind, emotions and actions..
Old 15-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
These are not (his) mere thoughts, these are the teachings of Advaita Vedanta propagated by Sri Shankara and Sri Ramana Maharshi.

Non-reaction means - not acting automatically....and becoming a watcher of your mind, emotions and actions..

And as Ramana Maharshi says, the mind is just one thought at a time. Prevent thoughts from arising, stop giving energy to your thoughts and they will fade away. Knowledge of the Self arises when the mind is absent.

Peace.
Old 16-07-2019, 03:21 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And as Ramana Maharshi says, the mind is just one thought at a time. Prevent thoughts from arising, stop giving energy to your thoughts and they will fade away. Knowledge of the Self arises when the mind is absent.

Peace.

So true

The direct and simple nature of Sri Ramana's words has stood the test of time and continue to change lives on a daily basis.

This teaching of Ramana is close to my heart:-

The wave said to the sea: "Could I be like you?
The sea replied: It's easy...
just settle down.
Old 16-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Prevent thoughts from arising, stop giving energy to your thoughts and they will fade away.
Knowledge of the Self arises when the mind is absent.
Peace.
Well, after 12 years of practicing Thought Control...
I can attest to this being true.
I hardly remember the mischief my thoughts used to do!
In Christian speak...'the devil gets tired of playing with a person that he can't bother'.

Just a cute story...I have a gorgeous Ramana book that I pull out on my shelf so I can see his face all the time.
One time I just glanced at his face and suddenly was given another one of my 'moments'...except this
altered state lasted 2 hours of being 'struck' with an awesome realization...my dog even knew, "Um...you're different..."
Whew. I love when that happens.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just a cute story...I have a gorgeous Ramana book that I pull out on my shelf so I can see his face all the time.
One time I just glanced at his face and suddenly was given another one of my 'moments'...except this
altered state lasted 2 hours of being 'struck' with an awesome realization...my dog even knew, "Um...you're different..."
What an amazing and profoundly beautiful experience Master's grace
I had a vision of Ramana in my dream and since then everything changed.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
In Christian speak...'the devil gets tired of playing with a person that he can't bother'.

Wow awesome to hear. Reminds me of a similar story of a disciple of Ramana. He accidentally touched Ramana and he was left in a state of pure bliss for 15 minutes. He was just standing there. when he came to, others had left the room and he was alone :-D
Old 18-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

Awesome. what was the realization? Share with us
Old 08-05-2021, 03:36 AM
Knower

Quote:

That reminds me of a time a buddy & I snuck into an apartment complex's hot tub. We were a bit stoned and these 2 cute girls came and we had a nice conversation. They left and we were just sitting there in silent tranquility; just soaking up a wonderful evening and I felt myself "expand" out of my body, and I had a feeling my buddy felt something too. I asked him later if he did and he said, "Yeah, for a moment I looked over at you understood why you do everything you do."