Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-08-2020, 03:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I will amend my earlier post as I have discovered that...

Even as we become aware in our enlightened essence, which is beyond hurt, our human aspects may still be vulnerable.
What I learned to. The body does not want to be enlightened but the mind does. There is always communication between the two. The body is not beyond pain and suffering, ie, attachments.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
What I learned to. The body does not want to be enlightened but the mind does. There is always communication between the two. The body is not beyond pain and suffering, ie, attachments.

Is Your mind deciding this?

What if the body communicates with itself as a whole?

The mind in this way is co operative to all of you and not the decider alone..
Old 06-08-2020, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex

I don't consider them two any more, but one body-mind expression with a complexity of aspects.

Old 17-08-2020, 11:34 AM
Pathfinder

Angel1

Beats me lol. Why am I not enlightened? Maybe we’re all enlightened we just haven’t realised it yet! Or maybe I drink and gamble too much to be enlightened I drink fresh cream out of the carton too. Also, I think when you’re enlightened there’s this rule...you’re not allowed to order a large donner meat and battered chips on Uber Eats then eat the lot with a big bottle of coke. I do that a lot. Naughty.

I did shave my head a couple of months back. Somebody called me a “dyke.” Charming. I said...”so what?” They shut up about it lol.

I don’t like wearing orange tho. It’s not a good colour on me unless I’ve got a tan.

I don’t like boring food. That’s my excuse. I’m a hedonist. My signature on here should be...”Whatever you’re looking for in the fridge...I ATE IT.”
Old 17-08-2020, 02:57 PM
I did not remember this thread at all ...what a great topic! 2012, ha!

Like what Wayne Dyer said about the 'Gap'...what is that gap that
keeps us from where we are
and where we want to be...same question as the op's.
Boy, my gap sure is has gotten smaller - cuz I may not be enlightened 100% yet...
but I sure am very happy, content and feel great all the time.

And I get these waves of realization come over me outta know where -
lol, like some dead Master friend is blowing messages to me from the Other Side ---
'You can be in Divine Love forever, every second...'
'You can be in Divine Love forever, every second...and be aware of it all -
the workings of this entire creation..bliss in every breath...
the embrace behind each breath...'

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-08-2020, 04:47 AM
Master
How do people define enlightenment? Or what are they really seeking or trying to escape from in the name of enlightenment?

I feel honest intent matters more than the act. Otherwise you can meditate everyday for 50 years and the only thing it means is that you meditated everyday for 50 years. You'll be just as asleep or awake as the average joe caught up in the rat race. But at least you may have lower blood pressure.
Old 18-08-2020, 10:48 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
How do people define enlightenment? Or what are they really seeking or trying to escape from in the name of enlightenment?

Yes indeedy! I don’t even know what enlightenment is. I thought I did once but then I realised it was just a thought. Is enlightenment being at peace? Is it being without fear? Is it oneness? It it some other state?

I know people get wrapped up in the idea of enlightenment and seek it, searching for it and strictly doing spiritual practises every day to try and achieve it, but how can you aim for something if you don’t know what it is? And how will you know when you’ve gotten there?

How can you know you want it if you don’t even know what it is lol?

Better to just live your life and see where it takes you IMO.
Old 18-08-2020, 01:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciphene
Yes indeedy! I don’t even know what enlightenment is. I thought I did once but then I realised it was just a thought. Is enlightenment being at peace? Is it being without fear? Is it oneness? It it some other state?

I know people get wrapped up in the idea of enlightenment and seek it, searching for it and strictly doing spiritual practises every day to try and achieve it, but how can you aim for something if you don’t know what it is? And how will you know when you’ve gotten there?

How can you know you want it if you don’t even know what it is lol?

Better to just live your life and see where it takes you IMO.

I like your irreverent posts!

good points you make herein... yeah while I'm not a big fan of 'enlightenment' per se I do think the journey one takes can be much more interesting than the place one supposes one wants to be...
Old 18-08-2020, 05:13 PM
Master
Technically one would probably think I'm not very enlightened given my stances on certain things and my unorthodox beliefs, but in all actuality, I feel more calm and at ease now--so I think I have in a sense.

I certainly feel less angry. :)