Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Kaldorei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Most bach flower remedies are carried in a solution of fine french Cognac..I have now dispensed with the flower essence and now just take the french Cognac

HAHAHA! Fanstastic!

How do you learn about this stuff? About herbal remadies and the like?
Old 09-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Master
"Most bach flower remedies are carried in a solution of fine french Cognac..I have now dispensed with the flower essence and now just take the french Cognac,"

Tsk, tsk Neville ! FRENCH cognac - insipid stuff !
Compare with Fundador, matured in old sherry casks and bottled in Jerez de la Frontera in Southern Spain. Each sip guaranteed to contain 100% concentrated sunshine !
Old 09-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Rescue Remedy is always worth a mention.

Rescue Remedy is good for a current crisis but it's not by any means the panacea people think it is. Many people don't rate Bach because they have taken RR and found it hasn't worked. It would be like taking a pain killer for a bad back. It might make you feel better in that instant but will have no lasting effect because it is not dealing with the actual problem.

Topaz. I guess your definition of Walnut is based on personal experience as this is not what the Bach Centre say it is for. Walnut is, as I thought, defined by Dr Bach as

Quote:
For those who have definite ideals and ambitions in life and are fulfilling them, but on rare occasions are tempted to be led away from their own ideas, aims and work by the enthusiasm, convictions or strong opinions of others. The remedy gives constancy and protection from outside influences.

This says to me this all about outside influences affecting your thoughts rather than current thought patterns causing problems. I may be wrong but this is not what was described in the OP. I personally would not be able to prescribe Walnut for this situation if they came to me as a client.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Master
I find Walnut is perfect in helping the person during the transition of change, allowing them to move forward from the negative worry state .

Walnut people are fulfilling their purpose in life but sometimes doubt their path when they hear the opinions, theories or beliefs of others.

Reaches out for the walnut bottle lol :)

x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 19-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Most bach flower remedies are carried in a solution of fine french Cognac..I have now dispensed with the flower essence and now just take the french Cognac,

Just kidding..... I found Gentian most helpful in cases of melancholy and general gloominess of out look. As an asde. If you up your Vitamin D to 300 to 400% RDA you should start to feel a ray of sunshine enter your life very quickly indeed.

hahahaha

bumping this thread to read further later

I have 5 remedies; 2 of which are nearly gone (unfortunate accidents, one was the first I got and I spilled a bit of it and then the other happened a couple months ago by someone else) I still take them every day, but not 4 times a day any longer.. I feel like they may not work for me, or if they did it was mostly near the beginning.. or maybe they have just done what they can already?
perhaps I just don't notice their assistance, cuz I don't think I am generally a good assessor of my progress or changes in my condition
Old 19-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Sungirl

Saphirez,

It is possible that one or two of them are you type remedies and they will help you through your life as they address your default reactions to negative situations. But, we contain the emotions of all the remedies and if we are to use them for all the situations in our lives we need ALL the remedies. We cannot work on everything with just 4. So, it is possible they are just not the right remedies for your situation now.
Old 22-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Master
yea Sungirl lol I can see how many of them could be applicable to me..
but there are some that I can see aren't as relevant for me as others.
I've heard before, that any thing we can see in another person, is something that is actually in ourselves; i.e. if you accuse someone of being boastful or self-absorbed chances are you are guilty of it too.. but then, if we are all one and this theme of great unity is true, we all are everything.. Well, I still am learning and deciding the precise spiritual path to be on, as my spirituality is something a bit novel for me. so, well, I'm not sure how all the bad and icky stuff fits in with the whole innocent beautiful truths..

ok anyways! lol.. the remedies I have are aspen, white chestnut, wild oat, mustard and cherry plum. aspen and white chestnut are the ones that are pretty much gone now.. but I have kept the bottles lol as there miiight be another drop haha.. well actually the aspen, the one I thought I needed most, was transplanted to a stock bottle when its original one fell on the ground and broke.. The person who broke it is my best friend, she has been my online friend for a few years, and she flew me to Arizona to meet her late last year. She is the person I give the most credit for my current spirituality to. funny it should be her that breaks it..

do you have all the remedies?

I believe that there are a lot of things that can help deliver us and change our lives, I think I have an inclination to be dogmatic and assume one thing is the jack of all trades, but I have been proven time and time again that there are many modalities and that various things can be effective, even addressing the exact same issues.

nice quotes in your signature, lovely and quite relevant to me, especially now
Old 23-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
yea Sungirl lol I can see how many of them could be applicable to me..
but there are some that I can see aren't as relevant for me as others.
I've heard before, that any thing we can see in another person, is something that is actually in ourselves; i.e. if you accuse someone of being boastful or self-absorbed chances are you are guilty of it too.. but then, if we are all one and this theme of great unity is true, we all are everything.. Well, I still am learning and deciding the precise spiritual path to be on, as my spirituality is something a bit novel for me. so, well, I'm not sure how all the bad and icky stuff fits in with the whole innocent beautiful truths..

I think you are onto something with seeing aspects of yourself in others, however I think that is a little incomplete. If you see on the news someone who has committed murder and it makes you cross it doesn't necessarily mean you too could commit murder. Imho, a reaction to something in someone else is a sign that there is something for you to learn, but not necessarily that it is an aspect you yourself hold.

Take a look at "The dark side of the light chasers" by Debbie Ford... it is all about this sort of thing.

Quote:
ok anyways! lol.. the remedies I have are aspen, white chestnut, wild oat, mustard and cherry plum. aspen and white chestnut are the ones that are pretty much gone now.. but I have kept the bottles lol as there miiight be another drop haha.. well actually the aspen, the one I thought I needed most, was transplanted to a stock bottle when its original one fell on the ground and broke.. The person who broke it is my best friend, she has been my online friend for a few years, and she flew me to Arizona to meet her late last year. She is the person I give the most credit for my current spirituality to. funny it should be her that breaks it..

do you have all the remedies?

I believe that there are a lot of things that can help deliver us and change our lives, I think I have an inclination to be dogmatic and assume one thing is the jack of all trades, but I have been proven time and time again that there are many modalities and that various things can be effective, even addressing the exact same issues.

nice quotes in your signature, lovely and quite relevant to me, especially now

Although these remedies could be what are known as "type" remedies it is likely that you will need others if you want to work with Bach as a complete system. Its fine to pick out particular ones so long as you remember they will only deal with the situations they apply to. A bit like taking a painkiller if you feel sick. Just not going to work because that is not what it does.

I do have all the remedies as I am a registered practitioner. They are a complete system but as you say, they are not right for every situation in life. It's important to have a whole "toolbox" full of modalities that work for you so you can pick and choose the right thing for the right situation.