Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Of course, that's your take on it.
That's the way it goes with any band and I've been in several. Fenholt wasn't on any albums or tours, it makes no sense to say he was in Black Sabbath. It's important to be able to make our own judgments, not everyone is telling the truth just because they are a Christian.
Old 24-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Master
If he was hired by a band member, but his songs were afterwards cut, he was still working on the album for the six months, and was a member for that time... You still hadn't remarked on the otehr stories.

But, sure, "prowling wolf", lets go ahead and swat this back and forth in juvenile manner, if you want...
All of the above stories, including from the members of Korn, are about addictions, and slavery to the world, and to drugs.

You know, for a time I worked in the mental health field as a residential facilitator for dual dignostic kids.
"Dual diagnostic", meaning people with organic issues, as well as having suffered emotional abuse at home.

Part of my responsibility was to bring the teens as a group to AA meetings, as some had already experimented with drugs.

Sitting there around the table with these people in recovery, with the kids, one older gent stated something along the lines of how he was not religious, (cussing some), and, that the, "Higher Power", referred to in A.A., could be anything, including a rock.

At that point, after sitting there and listening to these people, young and old, telling their remarkable stories of coming out of darkness, and into the light, I told them that apart from the raw and common language they used, that the meeting was no different from when I had attended Wednesday, "testimony nights", at my local church, as a youth.
Doesn't matter what the setting is....darkness is darkness... and Light is Light!

Here is the video of three atheists who died and went down to the pit.
One of them, who was addicted to substance and an angry, violent individual, scared sober by his Experience, and came out of the darkness, and, into the Light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeuguDgC6tQ&feature=related

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Master

Quote:
If he was hired by a band member, but his songs were afterwards cut, he was still working on the album for the six months, and was a member for that time... You still hadn't remarked on the otehr stories.

But, sure, "prowling wolf", lets go ahead and swat this back and forth in juvenile manner, if you want...
All of the above stories, including from the members of Korn, are about addictions, and slavery to the world, and to drugs.

You know, for a time I worked in the mental health field as a residential facilitator for dual dignostic kids.
"Dual diagnostic", meaning people with organic issues, as well as having suffered emotional abuse at home.

Part of my responsibility was to bring the teens as a group to AA meetings, as some had already experimented with drugs.

Sitting there around the table with these people in recovery, with the kids, one older gent stated something along the lines of how he was not religious, (cussing some), and, that the, "Higher Power", referred to in A.A., could be anything, including a rock.

At that point, after sitting there and listening to these people, young and old, telling their remarkable stories of coming out of darkness, and into the light, I told them that apart from the raw and common language they used, that the meeting was no different from when I had attended Wednesday, "testimony nights", at my local church, as a youth.
Doesn't matter what the setting is....darkness is darkness... and Light is Light!

Here is the video of three atheists who died and went down to the pit.
One of them, who was addicted to substance and an angry, violent individual, scared sober by his Experience, and came out of the darkness, and, into the Light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeuguDgC6tQ&feature=related
What spiritual beliefs a person has or lack of has nothing to do with if they use drugs or are immoral. A person with an addictive personality might use religion as their drug. Religious or spiritual people can be just as immoral as those who aren't. Sometimes when they believe they're above other groups or people, it can make them even more immoral. I guess in that case ego is their drug. I could care less what religion Jeff Fenholt is, if someone is full of **** they're full of ****.
Old 25-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Master
Genuine

Well, I see in your perspective of things, there is no room for him being genuine. That would be subjective perspective, on your part, and involving your certain and particular issues.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Well, I see in your perspective of things, there is no room for him being genuine. That would be subjective perspective, on your part, and involving your certain and particular issues.
Things like thinking addiction and drug use resulting from not believing in Christianity is an issue too. It's the idea that I have the truth and people just need to believe like I do. They'd be set free from their issues if they only knew the truth like I do. It seems like it's the same everywhere in Western spirituality.
Old 26-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Master

Another thing that isn't moral is name calling and accusing. Yet when someone doesn't agree with your beliefs, that's what it results in. That's great that you kicked drugs, but that doesn't make you any more moral. You get angry that people don't believe like you and so you feel like you need to attack. Spirituality and religion does not necessarily make people moral, regardless of all the claims it makes. I doesn't necessarily deal with our issues either. Jesus can add a whole new set of issues, like fear and pride. Maybe that's a lesser evil than drugs, maybe not.
Old 26-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Master
Jesus had stated, "Come unto me, you who are weary, and in need of rest, for my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

Some people though, just need to hit bottom, and haven't gotten there yet.

Old 26-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Jesus had stated, "Come unto me, you who are weary, and in need of rest, for my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

Some people though, just need to hit bottom, and haven't gotten there yet.
It's a sad thing how religion makes people so judgmental and un-Christ like. Hence the many people who find much better moral values outside of it.
Old 27-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
It's a sad thing how religion makes people so judgmental and un-Christ like. Hence the many people who find much better moral values outside of it.

Indeed.
Subjective statement on your part.
What I stated is an accepted fact, objectively, in the various rehabilitive organizations, as well as in the sense of Faith, and, "religion".

Regarding your personal issues, God help you with them, wolf.

Last edited by Morpheus : 27-06-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 27-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Master
Testimony of Rapper, Lacrae Moore, From trouble to triumph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5uNk...eature=related