Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 20-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Master

If someone does you a kindness, you never forget it. Even years later. What a wonderful thing.
'There is no greater wisdom than kindness'. Such wise words.

Those little acts of kindness shine out like a beacon in the night.

I often get impatient, aching for a LiveAid or some spectacular to put my name to. Would be wonderful so I've always thought.
Though it came to me that perhaps such things are the opportunity for those involved to discharge past karma en masse...

I (and all of us) should be grateful for those small opportunities for kind actions. Each one pieces together to make the mosaic of love that defines our earthly life.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 20-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
You make a good point, Knight. Those small kindnesses we often give others - with no fanfare, and we do them just because we can, and because we want to give something....they are sometimes the things that are remembered deeply by others.
Like Gracey remembered the guy who simply held a door open for her. Such a simple thing but not forgotten and things like that brighten up our lives.

From what I have heard, it's often the small things we have given in our lives which are recalled in our Life Review after passing into Spirit! Things we probably have forgotten all about, but which meant so much to someone else. (or even any living Creature!)
Old 21-08-2014, 03:20 AM
Master
How does that saying go? "Wage Peace..." Conspire to ...practice random acts of kindness? Not sure offhand. You sometimes see it on bumper stickers.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Master
"Commit". "Conspire to commit random acts of kindness."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Master
Another random act of kindness, again in a bank ( spending way too much time in banks ):

I don't know how priority works in other areas, but here, we take a number and wait our turn, so my number was 500 something... it was so high, my eyes went blurry.
Huffing and puffing in this heatwave, knowing that there is no way I'd be getting out of there anytime soon, I accepted my fate and decided to wait it out. In the meantime I had no money left for fare, no way to get back home except walk 7 kilometers...

As I leaned up against a wall and with (what I guess was)a look of despair in my eyes, a man walked up and handed me a ticket with a number minus 200 that which I already had.
All of a sudden I lit up and knew my waiting time would be drastically reduced, thus enabling my transaction before the bank closed and I'd have the money needed to return home....I was and am very grateful to him.

The reason why I mentioned the elderly woman in my previous post, was that
no matter how many people had gone by her that day,wrapped up in their own little worlds, they ignored her efforts, which upset me very much.
Old 21-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Master
500??? Wow, you must live in a big metropolitan area. I can't imagine.

Hopefully, they have alot of clerks.

Old 21-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Gracey

I picked some blueberries out of our back yard for a blind man.

Several people gave me graces on the road today. Letting me pull out and such.

Hope, good to hear that some one came to your aid like that at the bank. :)
Old 21-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
500??? Wow, you must live in a big metropolitan area. I can't imagine.

Hopefully, they have alot of clerks.

The city in which said bank resides is the region's metropolis, and caters to all surrounding small towns like mine as well, so you can imagine the chaos....and yes, all 4 clerks were working and get this....at the same time! Yep, there are only 4 windows available to the public... if your number isn't called within banking hours, you get to go back the next day! yay? imagine the fun in that.....

Gracey, that was beautiful of you...offering the man your blueberries...
Old 21-10-2014, 11:52 PM
Experiencer

I was in large city in the downtown area during intermission of a play. There was a homeless man who had a sign saying that he needed food. I had eaten a pasta dish and was going to my car to put the pasta dish in the car. I offered it to the man who was almost in tears. He hadn't eaten properly in two days. He was a Vietnam veteran who had been down on his luck. I saw him eat the food. I was happy to help someone
Old 22-10-2014, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
just today two different people held the door for me at two different times. While crossing the street at two different times, traffic stopped for us to cross.

what i did, wait patiently while someone was in an aisle looking for something.

no big amazing things, just small acts of kindness.

That's happens all the time for attractive women, and just women in general.

But yes i agree, i mentioned something similar in my space. Its the small gestures in life that inspire me most and up lift me in life, smile from a stranger, someone holding a door open for me, a nice conversation with a stranger etc....

Its horrible when you do something nice for somebody, and then just rush past you and don't even say thank you.