Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Royalite

Becoming the Higher Self

I hear a lot of noise lately, and a lot of quarreling back and forth in my head. And I THINK that I may be talking to my higher self at many points. Very encouraging, very support, very different from the other voices (And here I am trying hard not to sound crazy ). But how does one become incorporated with this higher self? Instead of having to receive constant encouragement from it to keep going, to start living and being and doing, how does one become one with it so that the strength becomes a natural part of one's life?
Old 18-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Deactivated Account
I think it's about trusting your intuition, your gut feeling, more. It sounds like your mind is trying to sabotage you by getting into conflict with itself and you don't know which to listen to or believe. Your higher self knows what best for you and as that is YOU at your deepest level, you know what is right for you too. Let go of the surface conflict and listen to what you are saying deep down. Maybe try meditating for a bit so you can get back in touch with your deepest consciousness. While your mind is in battle it will be difficult to hear your inner voice.

As a personal experience, once I started letting go of my mind's need to control and analyse and work everything out, I began to relax and trust myself. Then it was natural. Once I began to drift off to that state of half awake, half asleep, when I found myself staring at an image of me giving myself the thumbs up! I believe this was my Higher Self telling me I was on the right track. It gave me a lot of comfort. I generally know when it is a messasge from my Higher self because I will feel peaceful, calm, energetiv and know on a intuitive level it is right. When it's a message from the ego/disruptive mind my energy level will drop and I'll feel unhappy and/or stressed.
Old 18-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I think it's about trusting your intuition, your gut feeling, more. It sounds like your mind is trying to sabotage you by getting into conflict with itself and you don't know which to listen to or believe. Your higher self knows what best for you and as that is YOU at your deepest level, you know what is right for you too. Let go of the surface conflict and listen to what you are saying deep down. Maybe try meditating for a bit so you can get back in touch with your deepest consciousness. While your mind is in battle it will be difficult to hear your inner voice.

As a personal experience, once I started letting go of my mind's need to control and analyse and work everything out, I began to relax and trust myself. Then it was natural. Once I began to drift off to that state of half awake, half asleep, when I found myself staring at an image of me giving myself the thumbs up! I believe this was my Higher Self telling me I was on the right track. It gave me a lot of comfort. I generally know when it is a messasge from my Higher self because I will feel peaceful, calm, energetiv and know on a intuitive level it is right. When it's a message from the ego/disruptive mind my energy level will drop and I'll feel unhappy and/or stressed.

It seems as though not even meditation or mindfulness tactics are working anymore. When the mind gets quiet (like right now), I feel something tugging on my forehead and then my breath gets hot and all these other things. Maybe you're right...my mind has definitely waged war on me. Can't even sleep through the night, visuals of bizarro characters, images of people rejecting, ending up crazy or in the mad house or drugged up with a bunch of pills that I don't want.....

Out of curiousity............has anyone ever gone crazy from this stuff?
Old 18-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamist
I hear a lot of noise lately, and a lot of quarreling back and forth in my head. And I THINK that I may be talking to my higher self at many points. Very encouraging, very support, very different from the other voices (And here I am trying hard not to sound crazy ). But how does one become incorporated with this higher self? Instead of having to receive constant encouragement from it to keep going, to start living and being and doing, how does one become one with it so that the strength becomes a natural part of one's life?

As far as I know, the higher self and all aspects of it teach us things and guide us. They work through our intuition and subtle messages in our life that lead us to accept ourselves and open our 'selves' more. More importantly, realize that the strength is a natural part of you. You are the constant encouragement, life, and being that it encourages. It merely seems separate because of our ego, the thing we identify ourselves with. These things are you- always. Believe me, I've been there. The separation is hard to deal with at times. Don't be saddened or confused by it, pull through- hope and faith are powerful manifesting techniques in our lives, because they come straight from our heart.

Quote:
Out of curiousity............has anyone ever gone crazy from this stuff?

I have gone through a period where I seriously contemplated my sanity, and really thought about giving up this spiritual path.

That moment is when I had one of my most profound recognitions- that I forgot the love in me, and I had completely hid in my mind and analyzed everything to avoid the fear of insanity.

I'm sure there are some 'crazy' people out there, I think a better term is that they are misunderstood. But if you follow your intuition you will be just fine. People all over this forum can empathize with you on this, it's a steep path sometimes to the next revelation.

Good luck
Old 18-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
As far as I know, the higher self and all aspects of it teach us things and guide us. They work through our intuition and subtle messages in our life that lead us to accept ourselves and open our 'selves' more. More importantly, realize that the strength is a natural part of you. You are the constant encouragement, life, and being that it encourages. It merely seems separate because of our ego, the thing we identify ourselves with. These things are you- always. Believe me, I've been there. The separation is hard to deal with at times. Don't be saddened or confused by it, pull through- hope and faith are powerful manifesting techniques in our lives, because they come straight from our heart.

I have gone through a period where I seriously contemplated my sanity, and really thought about giving up this spiritual path.

That moment is when I had one of my most profound recognitions- that I forgot the love in me, and I had completely hid in my mind and analyzed everything to avoid the fear of insanity.

I'm sure there are some 'crazy' people out there, I think a better term is that they are misunderstood. But if you follow your intuition you will be just fine. People all over this forum can empathize with you on this, it's a steep path sometimes to the next revelation.

Good luck

Thank you
Old 18-10-2010, 08:59 PM
duff

Just thought I'd add a bit from my experiences. It seems to me, that whenever you have a higher thought, realization, just think about something nice, whenever these appear, grasp them for what they are, think about it, and when you are inspired to act on that higher self, there will you be.

-duff
Old 18-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff
Just thought I'd add a bit from my experiences. It seems to me, that whenever you have a higher thought, realization, just think about something nice, whenever these appear, grasp them for what they are, think about it, and when you are inspired to act on that higher self, there will you be.

-duff

My Higher Self suggested something that isn't at all agreeing with my mind. I asked for a "Plan B" or some sign that this path has been set for me already. I think my Higher Self is in direct contact with God so I was asking about a sign of some sort so that I can know if what I'm being told is really from a higher place. I also asked for two more years so as to make my mom happy and for the sake of my own vanity and pride.

To think...all of this started at age 12 when I sought to be truely happy. :/
Old 18-10-2010, 09:25 PM
duff

My higher self had a plan A for which I had to wait a long time. And resist false paths all along the way. It falls to the moment tho, in the moment of actualization, you will either take the path or choose the alternative, be whatever that may be. You shouldn't worry, just trust your higher self, contemplate what it gives you, once your mind settles with accepting what your higher self has given you, you should find peace. If there comes a moment of inspiration, there you will be, no harm, no foul.

d

-edit:
started at six for me, when i picked up a robin, held it, then let it fly away.

Last edited by duff : 18-10-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 18-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff
My higher self had a plan A for which I had to wait a long time. And resist false paths all along the way. It falls to the moment tho, in the moment of actualization, you will either take the path or choose the alternative, be whatever that may be. You shouldn't worry, just trust your higher self, contemplate what it gives you, once your mind settles with accepting what your higher self has given you, you should find peace. If there comes a moment of inspiration, there you will be, no harm, no foul.

d

-edit:
started at six for me, when i picked up a robin, held it, then let it fly away.

That's cute! I enjoyed the image I got from the beginning of your search.
Old 18-10-2010, 09:38 PM
duff

Book1

I don't think of that moment much. Its one of those moments that when you grasp, it becomes you, and you don't know what your grasping for.

Anyway..

Last edited by duff : 18-10-2010 at 10:08 PM.