Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-02-2021, 12:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
I'm thinking of the Murdochs. They are billionaires and have spent entire lives controlling the world system. This forum talks about God, but where and what is God for people like this? Maybe spirituality is only relevant for people who don't win in life, and for people who are winners, it's irrelevant.

(Devil's advocate question)
please remember, everything comes at a price, billionaire or homeless. We choose our blessings and rewards.
Old 18-02-2021, 03:41 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I thought it was clear those people are diagnoesable narcissists.
The shrinks would medicalise every behaviour in normal life if they could.
I don't even know whether narcissism is defined in DSM 5. I'll have to look it up.

Some people are single-minded enough to make a success of their lives in terms of achieving then expanding on their goal(s). Seems less about narcissism than obsession - the kind of people who work 18 hours a day. In the case of the person mentioned in the o/p, it's a narrow success but with inordinate power - the Citizen Kane thing: whoever controls the media controls the world.

Interestingly, Facebook inter alia have long been competing and seems to have hit the wall in Australia. Facebook's attitude is that it should be allowed to edit the world and is making up all kinds of nonsense as the Australian PM has taken exception and is passing a law to stop it publishing news without paying for it.
Old 28-02-2021, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The shrinks would medicalise every behaviour in normal life if they could.
I don't even know whether narcissism is defined in DSM 5. I'll have to look it up.
Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is 1 of the 10 clinically recognized personality disorders listed in
the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders,Fifth Edition (DSM-5).

''Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition
in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention
and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.'

Just a start!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-03-2021, 12:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
You measure inner happiness in money? People who are rich, people who are positioned in power can still be spiritual and still be miserable. Winning in life does not have to mean luxury

This is a point most people miss..... and besides, who are we to judge?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-03-2021, 12:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
This could also be seen in the eyes of attachment. Spirituality is about letting go rich or not. We create our own reality.

Excellent point.

Why should we care about the wealth of another?
It is not important.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.