Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 11-09-2014, 12:22 PM
Master
Weirdest Cat Reaction

Ok, just now my two dogs started fighting for a rawhide, (as usual) I just take the rawhide and put it away and they stop fighting. What just occur scare the heck out of me and I had no idea how to handle it. My two dogs started fighting and while I was trying to stop the fight, my cat jump out of nowhere and started fighting with both dogs. She actually scratches the heck out of both of them and I have never seen my cat do such thing. I have never seen my cat being so aggressive. Usually she stares at them and she doesn't do a thing. It was a pretty scary site. My little dog was whining, but he is good. When they all decided to stop fighting I put the cat in the other room. Now I'm scare of her, why would she react like that? Out of fear? I'm still shacking!
Old 11-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Experiencer

Cats are a law unto themselves, she knows the reason why she did it and I'm sure the dogs do now ... you never actually own a cat they own you and if they want to walk they will, if they stay around you then you are blessed :)
Old 11-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

It sounds to me like she was tired of them fighting over the hide all the time LOL. My cats have done weird and unusual things like that, and I think most cats do from time to time. I would give her some time to calm down and she will be normal again.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:42 PM
Master

That is unusual for a cat to react that way. How strange.

I have two Maremmas (they are livestock guardian dogs). They are sisters and sibling rivalry is a big issue. If my dogs fight the one that starts the fight gets a muzzle put on her. That's my punishment. They don't fight as much anymore but it still happens occasionally. I have to be tough on them and must always remain the alpha to both of them. They are very strong-willed and otherwise they would walk all over me.

I keep all kinds of bones laying around. But, like yours, they fight over "the one". It drives me crazy. When they start snarling at one another I say the command "no fight!!!!!!!" If it is over their kibble (yes it does happen) it's "no fight kibble!!!!!!" if it's over a bone, it's no fight bone!!!!!!" etc.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:51 AM
Master
To be honest, it sounds like the cat was being protective of you and was angry at the dogs and that's why she did what she did.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Master
She is a good cat overall! and she is always a sweet cat (till today). She is my cat, she only likes to be around me. I think she was just feed up with the older dog cause he is always mean to her and I think he learn his lesson, he is the one that started the fight. I'm pretty sure she's feed up of them fighting too. At the end she won the fight, she show them both who's the boss! lol Usually I know how to break up a dog fight but with the cat in it "that was a tough one". I do hope this doesn't happen again, I don't like to see them fight.

Thanks everyone for your comments!
Old 12-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid68
Cats are a law unto themselves, she knows the reason why she did it and I'm sure the dogs do now ... you never actually own a cat they own you and if they want to walk they will, if they stay around you then you are blessed :)

This is exactly what I been learning from my cat, she's her own boss!
Old 17-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Master
Ok, she did it again and this time I don't know what to do. She's been acting weird around the dog and last night she was starring at him for a while, kind of like a creepy look. But today my daughter stepped on the dog's leg and he barked and that's all that took for the cat to jump at him and attack him again. The problem is that once she is in that attack mode she can't stop and she scratches the heck out of anyone that gets in the way. She gets highly aggressive, I got scratch, my daughter and the other dog too. Last thing I want to do is get rid of her but, but if she was to do that to my kids I would have no other choice but to get rid of her. I don't know what to do now.
Old 17-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Master

Oh, wow, dey, this could become a pattern.

I did find this link. It's a cat forum and someone has the same problem. I don't think it will help but I'll give it to you anyway.

http://www.catforum.com/forum/37-beh...ason-help.html

I'd get a regular spray bottle, fill it with regular water and adjust the nozzle to stream and spray her with it to stop the behavior. I would never try to put my hands on her while she is attacking like that. Cats don't like water so it will get her attention really fast. I used to use the spray bottles method for cats getting up on my counters too. It works like a charm.
Old 17-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Master
Thanks linen! I was thinking I probably need the bucket of water! lol

I did not touched her till she was done fighting and scratching. Otherwise she would had cut me really bad, she has very sharp nails. It has become a pattern and that's what scares me. I had the cat since kitten for about two years and she never did that before. I will try the spray bottle.