Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 12-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I just see the simple flow of life, nothing complicated just pure life, and i flow with that life, and this truth has set me free, so Blissful is this life that I live.

When I was like 17 I wrote a poem to myself. It went like this:

"Fear not the complexity of complexity for it shall teach thee of simplicity." Psycho, you may see things very simply, but you (in my opinion), are very complex in your thinking processes. You simply have evolved ways of processing things to seem simple to you now. Do you understand the poem, my friend?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow

"Fear not the complexity of complexity for it shall teach thee of simplicity." Psycho, you may see things very simply, but you (in my opinion), are very complex in your thinking processes. You simply have evolved ways of processing things to seem simple to you now. Do you understand the poem, my friend?
But I don't fear complexity, I don't know what you are getting at, I have already been there and found the simplicity hidden behind the complexity, do you understand ?.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow

Hmmm is it that if you see that bigger picture it starts to looks less complex --- like seeing a leaf for the first time, wherein before that you didn't understand anything because all you saw were random plant cells under the microscope?......
Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Master
i follow my travesty only, not because i worship it, but because i want to understand it. people shun the ugly, they want only the stars, but the lotus rises out of the mud aye.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 12-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Hmmm is it that if you see that bigger picture it starts to looks less complex --- like seeing a leaf for the first time, wherein before that you didn't understand anything because all you saw were random plant cells under the microscope?......

Well I think so. Like you learn to see more of the complexities of how things work and how they inter relate. It helps us to see bigger and wider and tie things together more. I think this is true for humankind as much as it is for us each in our individual thinking processes.

I wrote a different poem that year to myself a bit later and I don't recall how it went, but it was a sort of lament about why everything wasn't coming together in me and my understandings of things. I had been studying various religions and philosophies and sciences and I wasn't getting it all to tie together very well yet.

I think and feel that I am improving nowdays, because I have opened up and found very different and new ideas to me. Quantum physics would be one. Buddhism is another. When I was 17, there were so many things I did not know about or had not thought about, but a part of my brain recognized this and it was not a conscious part. I am still in the process of learning and I don't care to place any constrictions or limitations on them. Lucid dreaming, Sorcery, various societies modern and ancient, who, knows maybe even societies from beyond the Earth, beings in other realms.... so much to learn, so much to explore. Ain't it wonderful? Today's science with a Hubble space telescope, electron microscopes, so many wonders unfolding. To me if it were all too simple with nothing new unfolding, I think it would get pretty boring, but that aside, I do think that learning to understand the complexities does lead to at least a somewhat simplified and more unified understanding of how this all works together in such great unison.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
i follow my travesty only, not because i worship it, but because i want to understand it. people shun the ugly, they want only the stars, but the lotus rises out of the mud aye.

The Lotus is a really great metaphor and example. Roots in the mud, Stem in the waters (presumably to me meaning emotions) and flower above it all and in the air (I expect representing Spirit, and Mind?)

A good lesson as I see it here is that it is easy to think of the mud as lower than the sky, but without the mud and the sky and the water, there could be no Lotus, and there could no ones to see and appreciate and speak of the Lotus. Thich Nhat hahn (SP?) has some wonderful teachings and ideas about "interbeingness!"