Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 25-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Insane. Next question?

In a way I agree. Nastiness could be a form of insanity in itself. Or a form of losing sanity.

If you lose your temper all the time it leads to a loss of composure and self respect. I think I see nastiness as a type of LOSS. Certainly when I am nasty I never feel as though I'm winning anything.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 25-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Rumar

Think of how the person was raised, what were they facing to cause them to behave the way they did and are. Can you blame someone for being raised terribly with no friends in the world? Sure, they're not reacting like adults but how can they when they weren't raised to be adults? Always look into their psychology to find out who's to blame for the way someone becomes when they grow into adults (or die prior).
Old 28-04-2012, 02:45 PM
n2mec

For me, nasty is much the world around us, quite mad in its own way. sometimes it takes nasty to show others another way. Nasty plays many rolls with delightful.
Old 28-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Racer X

Lost......

We all got lost in the forests, deserts and fields on the Earth......

Some are more lost than others......

We need only CHOOSE to find our True Home and the Mystery of Life will begin to reveal a hidden, yetin plain sight, path home~

Insane is EGO, it is the false perception of self which is like the bewitched King in Lord of the Rings. The True King is still there once the curse of EGO is removed by a Divine Mystery.
Old 28-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
Lost......

We all got lost in the forests, deserts and fields on the Earth......

Some are more lost than others......

We need only CHOOSE to find our True Home and the Mystery of Life will begin to reveal a hidden, yetin plain sight, path home~

Insane is EGO, it is the false perception of self which is like the bewitched King in Lord of the Rings. The True King is still there once the curse of EGO is removed by a Divine Mystery.

Agreed....
Old 28-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Hi all, this may be a silly question. It has been on my mind for a while. I am just wondering. Can nasty people be just nasty or people who are nasty have a mental problem? The reason I ask is because my brother in law is very nasty. He tries to sue people when there is no reason to and he thinks the world is against him. It gets worse but I will not go into that. Thanks for your replies.

astralsuzy - I have a nasty brother-in-law too and I attribute his nasty behavior to extreme narcissism which is a personality disorder on the milder end of the mental illness spectrum. I was once at a wedding talking to his daughter and was temporarily sitting in his chair and he ran over and pushed me out of his chair with his elbow and said, "Excuse me, but I believe you're sitting in my chair." I don't attend any functions where he attends any longer because he cannot control his outrageous behavior. On the flip side, you don't have to have any type of mental issue to be a nasty person. Personalities come in all shapes and sizes so labels don't make much difference in my opinion.

Blackraven
Old 28-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Administrator

My ex brother in law was a nasty piece of work, he used to hit my sister in law, slap the kids if they were in his way, it wasnt through anything but his alcaholism. its so easy to put labels on people because they dont conform to how we percieve them too.

people go through things in life that make them very bitter ,and because they can get short with ppl , they are labeled as mad,

Namaste
Old 30-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Can nasty people be just nasty or people who are nasty have a mental problem? The reason I ask is because my brother in law is very nasty. He tries to sue people when there is no reason to and he thinks the world is against him. It gets worse but I will not go into that. Thanks for your replies.

Could he be depressed?

Looking over some of the replies here:

People who behave in a 'nasty' way will often use a 'poor childhood' as an excuse, anything to shift responsibility from themselves to another once children from a poor childhood reach adulthood it is down to them how they choose to behave from then on.

There are of course many people with some kind of mental disorder who do terrible things, others may do terrible things just for kicks.

So I suppose my answer to the OP is BOTH

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 30-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Master
I think deep down most people are honest and good natured. Some however might have a predisposition to socially unacceptable behaviour and that could be something mentally wrong with them.

Most peple who display anger or nasty behaviour if you scratch a bit beneath the surface of it you usually find past events are the cause of it. Often once you find out why they are like it they are quite nice people who don't want to be that way.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Administrator
My ex brother in law thought the world owed him a living,if he didnt get his own way he would play on being depressed,until someonefelt sorry for him and off he went drinking again,.
My sister in law finally threw him out after a lot of persuasion from myself and my husband. he had hookers going to his house wouldnt pay them but chase them with an axe. the police did nothing , as far as i know hes still doing it, i disliked him as soon as i first saw him, my husband said give him a chance i told him i didnt need to hes nasty, my sis in law is with someone else another one i dont like, for different reasons. but she goes for the same people she says its the nurside side coming out in her.

Namaste