Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 14-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Experiencer

Loving the Faerie Oracle

I've used it three times so far, and everytime it has been right on the money, sort to speak. It's nice having the universe reaffirm what I believed I should do in the first place. It's like getting a second opinion from a best friend who has only my best interest in mind. Best $30 ever spent!
Old 14-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Trieah

Which faerie oracle deck are you using? I've got the fairy ring oracle deck and it's pretty darn accurate. And I've also got the messages from your fairy guides and I've had quite a bit of success with those too. That deck is easier for me to actually read, but the themes are a bit more limited.
Old 14-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
And I've also got the messages from your fairy guides

Haha first I though "awesome you have received a message from her fairy guide", until I realized it was the name of the deck I use the Goddess Guidance deck and I also find that to be accurate. My first reading for someone I had the name Artemis in my head and there she was on the first card
Old 15-05-2012, 03:58 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Which faerie oracle deck are you using? I've got the fairy ring oracle deck and it's pretty darn accurate. And I've also got the messages from your fairy guides and I've had quite a bit of success with those too. That deck is easier for me to actually read, but the themes are a bit more limited.

I use the Faerie Oracle by Brian Froud. I did get the Therapy Angels deck by Doreen Virtue first, but I found it wasn't as blunt as I wanted it to be, haha. But with this new deck it's been right on point for me. And the more I use it, the more connected I feel with the cards. Today I even swear I heard a little faint voice tell me to pick one of the cards I chose today in my reading. I think I'm in love.
Old 15-05-2012, 05:22 AM
Trieah

Quote:
I use the Goddess Guidance deck and I also find that to be accurate. My first reading for someone I had the name Artemis in my head and there she was on the first card

That's one of the few Doreen Virtue decks that I don't have. But I have been wanting to get it for a while. I have looked through it a few times before, but I'm worried that I won't be able to connect to it as well. I seem to have that problem with Doreen's decks that use specific persons, because there's not really a whole lot to the pictures other then a head and shoulder of the person. I do much better with the decks where there's a lot going on in the picture and I can be drawn into the little details to get a more personalized message for who ever I'm reading for.

I did know that Artemis was represented in that deck, and so is Mary M That's too kuul that you were able to intuit that Artemis's card would show up in that reading.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 15-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero87
I use the Faerie Oracle by Brian Froud. I did get the Therapy Angels deck by Doreen Virtue first, but I found it wasn't as blunt as I wanted it to be, haha. But with this new deck it's been right on point for me. And the more I use it, the more connected I feel with the cards. Today I even swear I heard a little faint voice tell me to pick one of the cards I chose today in my reading. I think I'm in love.

Yeah, that seems to be a problem with all of Doreen's decks. They're too afraid to tell it like it is, if there really is something of a less then ideal situation that needs to be known. But the one thing I do like about Doreen's decks, is the variety of themes, and the details of the pictures (except for her decks that don't offer a whole lot of imagery other then a head shot of an individual person/Angel)

I think some of my favorite decks are the ones by Colette Baron-Reid. Those are very accurate, and with two of her decks, she's even added a reversal meaning like in tarot. And the pictures just tell such amazing stories, especially The Enchanted Map deck.
Old 15-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
but I'm worried that I won't be able to connect to it as well.

Yes, but when we worry we only block ourself from connecting I do not really connect through the pictures but with the essence of the different goddesses. It is a good way for me to get to know the goddesses and in time I will be better at just channeling what message they have besides what the book say and as you know I do know some of the goddesses already, so that makes it a lot easier. I actually think about making my own deck, maybe two (the secong came to me when I was sitting on my phoneline to the spirit world). I had a reading where I felt I needed Hermes [Shepherd of the Roads] so I made up the card myself (though only put in what connected with the essense of Hermes). But this morning on the toilet I thought I would make a deck that is more poetic and call it the Poetic Edda (as in Norse Mythology) and try to make it with the help of Bragi (how I know him is a longer story). But I do seem to have the Rune of Balder carved in my tongue, and Bragi being the god of poetry (and so) also had Runes carved into is tongue by Odin

But I just love faeries and maybe one day I am lucky enough to get a reading from those beautiful and loving beings
Old 15-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Trieah

Quote:
Yes, but when we worry we only block ourself from connecting

I guess it's more like I don't want to waste more money, like I have already done with a few of my other decks that I just don't really seem to resonate with very well. I have Doreen's Archangel deck, and as close as I am with so many of the Archangels, I just don't seem to get a whole lot out of that deck because the pictures aren't telling a story to me. It's almost the same thing with Doreen's Ascended Masters deck, and the Messages From Your Angels deck. They just don't really speak to me as easily as some of her other decks. I think the reason why is because the pictures are really lacking in something for me. And I do know that the Goddess Guidance deck is very similar to those other decks, with not much "meat" in the pictures for me to really be able to sink my teeth into.

As much as I'd like to have that deck, I always wind up putting it off in favor of a different deck where the pictures actually do speak to me. I have to reason with myself in whether it's worth it to have another deck that I just don't get as much use out of, or a deck that I'm gonna use way more often.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 15-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Quagmire

Yes, you should always choose with your heart and not your head. I chose mine because I was the one who felt right.
Old 15-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Knower
I got a Faery deck awhile back. I've tried it a few times (for me). I have a lot to learn, but do not plan do read for other people. Any tips would be awesome! :o)