Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 15-06-2012, 06:37 PM
NetSeeker

Any deck that speaks to you will do.

The Rider Waite deck is pretty popular and probably the most iconic. I use it because to me it feels like the only deck I'd respect fully. Most other decks feel kind of like cheap imitations to me. I'm sure there's great decks out there that work for people. Great, keep using them. I'll stick to Ye Old Faithful.

So I have this respect for the cards and the images always draw me in more than those of any other deck I've seen. Before I had my own deck I already had one of the cards: Judgment.
I found it in a friend's bedroom one day and he said I could keep it. I stared at that image for many years before I went and got my own deck. You could say the presence of that card and it's energy ruined me for other decks forever

I don't think I could help you study the symbolism. Your first impression of a card is usually how it's meant for you. I feel you draw a card exactly when you need to see that card because of the reaction it triggers in you. I only read for myself every once in a while because I'm not very confident about doing readings for others but I've never pulled a card that didn't make sense at that particular time.
Old 18-06-2012, 06:02 PM
LadyTerra

Hi Nutmeg:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutmeg
Well I haven't been reading that long Wowza! count me in for only a few years! and I'm still learning but I don't think you ever stop

Out of curiosity what is your favorite tarot deck, the one that speaks to you?

I am a grab the bull by the horns kind of girl--so I like Decks that are more edgey--without being too Dark. I now have 6 different Decks (the classic R-W was my first)--but the Dragon Tarot is my favorite (it pulls very few punches ).
Old 25-06-2012, 03:55 PM
sumrwind

Cool

I love my radiant RW deck, I enjoy the colors & the simple way of it. I love seeing cups in an actual card, or swords in that section.....Obviously I like the simple, but I am NOT a reader for others, I was taught with this deck, so maybe that explains it. I have bought so many other decks. Sure they are beautiful, but I just can't seem to read them for myself.......huge sigh. So I give them away. I am now NOT buying any cards My eyes also give me major problems due to RP (eye disease) so I need simple & bright for my own spirit.