Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 29-04-2020, 05:20 PM
Guide

My spirit guide is...a cat?

At night before I fall asleep I ask to be introduced to my spirit guides while in the dream state, assuming that is the easiest place to start. I haven’t had much success with this and usually just have a bunch of random dreams, although last night I was introduced to a cat that was orange and gray and it telepathically told me it’s name was Vanessa. That’s where the dream started and ended. I’m not even fond of cats! Should I dismiss this as another random dream? What could this mean?
Old 29-04-2020, 07:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
At night before I fall asleep I ask to be introduced to my spirit guides while in the dream state, assuming that is the easiest place to start. I haven’t had much success with this and usually just have a bunch of random dreams, although last night I was introduced to a cat that was orange and gray and it telepathically told me it’s name was Vanessa. That’s where the dream started and ended. I’m not even fond of cats! Should I dismiss this as another random dream? What could this mean?

You made me remember of something, at this point I am trying to learn about spiritual guides, spiritual teachers and so on, you know, I try to contact them, but when I was younger ( I'm 24 by the way ), I had a dream and in my dream I met a mushroom, a mushroom that was talking and walking, it was a she and she was my best friend, she had an infinite love for me, I fel so so so so loved. I was in her world and her world was so so beautiful... when I woke up, I felt as if I was gone for ages and I had a powerful desire to go back, just to go back.. waking up in this world felt so so strange for me so I tried to fall asleep again, I wanted to go back...

Thank you for making me remember this, maybe that was my first connection with a higer being that some people call "spiritual guide".

I think you too met a spiritual guide!
Old 30-04-2020, 03:03 PM
Guide

Wow ThatMan, thanks for sharing! I have also visited some places in my dreams where I feel so happy and waking up in this world feels so abnormal. I wonder why things like cats and mushrooms present themselves in our dreams as guides or have human qualities like talking (telepathically) or showing emotion....maybe because if they presented themselves in a human form, how we would most likely imagine them, then we would only associate guidance we receive with their physical appearance. Perhaps we are already receiving their guidance and messages through many forms throughout our day?

Maybe someone else can chime in on this topic and provide clarity as to how they experience their spirit guide. Maybe it’s too human of us to try to “identify” our guides taking on a form that we “think” they should.
Old 30-04-2020, 05:23 PM
Guide
Lucky, I think you have to not be so literal. What do cats represent to you? What symbology can you take from the dream of the cat? If you don't know than I suggest you study archetypes. As for the mushroom, I would say the same, what does that mushroom really represent?
Old 30-04-2020, 05:58 PM
Guide

WildHairedWoman, thank you so much for your input. Instead of searching “cat dreams” I searched “cat archetype” and was led to read exactly what I needed to read. This was not the first time a cat has appeared in my dream, and when I applied the symbolic meaning of it (rather than whether or not I have a personal preference for cats) I can easily see why it would show up in my dreams during this period of my life (hence me foolishly posting this silly thread without even tuning in to a deeper meaning...haha!). Thank you again!
Old 30-04-2020, 09:33 PM
Knower
Furry Angels

They live like kings and queens, having been given free room and board, free medical and companions who love them. Usually a loving stroke can be had by simply jumping in someone’s lap or rubbing against a leg when they want attention. More times than not, they share our bed and couch.

Our pets keep us company when there are no others around. They don’t judge our character and are always happy to see us. In return we take pleasure in giving them treats, taking them out for a walk, or sharing our personal space.

As I write this, my dog rests at the foot of my bed on which I am reclined. I’m stroking her with my bare foot from time to time. It’s all good to her. She will stay near me late tonight while I am busy working on the computer, knowing that I won’t sleep before having a final snack, knowing I will save the final bite of that snack for her.

I believe it was Eckhart Tolle who said our pets might be angels. I believe he is correct. They give and receive so much love.

www.speaksumo.com
www.bluestar.uno
Old 04-05-2020, 06:00 PM
Guide

Thanks CosmicValet. Although I must say, I’ve never had a cat named Vanessa (as it had introduced itself as), nor have I had a gray and orange cat. I have had deceased pets visit me before, but this one I did not know.

You are right about our connection to our furry friends...haha! I have a 13 year old dog who has been with me through so much. He has taken on my personality, my moods, and illnesses. He is now mostly deaf and blind, yet his ability to sense energy is extremely heightened. He somehow knows when I am on a video chat with my nephew and he gets very jealous, coming up to my computer screen. Interesting enough, I just had a video/virtual appointment with my holistic doctor and when she was tuning into me energetically my dog would not come in the room and kept barking (he never ever barks!). When his time comes, I know for sure he will be with me from the other side.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Crows, Ravens, and Phoenixes are what my dreams use whether as guides or I'll dream that I am one.

Though a man whose only got one god eye and a bear sized wolf have come up a few times too, they usually fight each other. I'm not Norse Pagan but it would seem my dreams are found of Odin.

As for as a cat it could be symbolic, it just matters what a cat as a symbol could mean to your mind.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:35 PM
Ascender
Lucky, there is no doubt in my mind that your encounter with a cat on the astral is significant. You say that you don't like cats - well, maybe that is precisely why you were meant to encounter one on the astral, in order to challenge any views you might have had about them. All creatures have souls, pass over in similar fashion and are telepathic on the "other side". We humans sometimes like to pretend that we are spiritually "superior", but in reality we are one species and not any different spiritually from all the others. We are all souls temporarily experiencing a physical existence.

Every best wish to you! I hope you meet Vanessa again.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:14 PM
Guide

LPC and Gender Phoenix:

Thank you for your replies and comments. WildHairedWoman’s comment above prompted me to look into the symbolic meaning of cats and what I found online was spot-on. I know now after reading that that it was no mistake a cat came to me. More or less, what I read suggests that cats represent our feminine qualities, intuition etc. This is the side of me that I have yet to fully accept and own, despite being a female and intuitive. I mean, I own that I am female but I kinda stink at being a receptive one and I am quick to dismiss my intuition....but not anymore!! I’ve had some recent life challenges that have taught/urged me to own that side of myself...or else I’d be headed down the wrong path and it wouldn’t end well. BUT...I’ve since received the (many) messages loud and clear and decided I should probably pay attention to them and I have to say, since “Vanessa the cat” came into my dream I somehow feel like a weight has been lifted and I am owning all that I am!