Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 23-03-2015, 02:02 AM
Knower

Question aura color on top of skin?

I've been practicing seeing auras, using my hands mostly. . Sometimes I see a film of color over my skin...is this normal? Just now I saw a layer of purple--like violet fingers--on my hand and it kind of freaked me out.
Old 23-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Deactivated Account

The layer closest to the skin is the etheric body. I think it tends to be one colour but can change if something really strong from the other layers affects it.

Mine is usually a lavender but I saw it pink once.
Old 23-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Knower

Thanks for your reply. For a moment I saw a dark violet, almost reddish -colored skeleton superimposed on my hand, and felt very no bueno.
Old 23-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpCap
Thanks for your reply. For a moment I saw a dark violet, almost reddish -colored skeleton superimposed on my hand, and felt very no bueno.

Could be some negative energy you picked up somewhere.
Old 23-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Knower

Speaking of which, maybe you'd have some input on a related issue? Recently I tried cleansing a crystal by visualizing it bathed in white light. However, when I checked its aura (by doing the finger exercise using crystals as the fingers) I saw some smoky gray. Now I'm concerned that when I visualize protection for my aura, it may not be manifesting. Perhaps I should have concentrated more? My thoughts tend to race around in my head.
Old 23-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Protection is only as good as our vibration, so if your vibration is low, then your protection won't be much good at all. This is why self-work is the best form of protection. It's like, a healthy person who eats well and exercises well and is at peace with themselves is not going to be traumatised so much by being attacked by someone in the street as much as an underfed mentally unstable and unfit person would be. With the latter the imprint of the trauma might last for life, whilst the healthy person will get over it quickly and be back to their normal selves again. So you need to develop that spiritual strength so you can better ward off psychic attacks. Like an immune system which needs to be built up and cared for.

As for the crystal, it sounds like you might not have the vibration to cleanse it enough (as the energy you channel will be subject to your subconscious mind and therefore muddied a bit), or it might just be a stubborn energy. Either way I'd suggest a different way of cleansing it. I was told by a passing teacher that cleansing crystals through channelling energy is harder and requires a level of advancement first, so cleansing in water or sunlight or the earth is a better bet and should remove the denser energies better. Especially by putting it out in the ground for a while.
Old 23-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Knower

Thanks for your insight. I appreciate it. I have ingrained negative thoughts and childhood trauma so what you said makes sense.

As for the crystal, I usually cleanse with sunlight. I live in an upstairs apt. I thought the crystal, which was on the window ledge, absorbed energy from a neighbor walking past (?).

I'm just getting over some health problems which have spurred me on into spiritualism (which has always been an interest) when I should probably be concentrating more on basics like good food, rest, exercise, and sunshine. Thanks again.
Old 23-03-2015, 05:33 PM
Deactivated Account

How far away was the neighbour when walking past? I'm not sure that would affect it too much, though of course crystals picks stuff up from around them, but probably nothing too dense unless the passing persons touched it. Other than that putting it on the windowsill where the sunlight is is a good way to go.

Good luck on your healing journey, I have childhood trauma too so it's always a task sorting everything out. And I agree one of the most important things I learned is that food, rest, exercise and sunshine are foundational and can make all the difference in the world. So start there, that'll definitely help. :)