Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 01-03-2013, 10:59 PM
heartsmart

Aura distance

I read in a magazine today that you could feel how far your aura is from your body by holding your hand out and feeling the temperature difference on your hand. Is this true for anyone here I wonder?
Also, what is the optimal aura distance? is it 1 meter? And what would you adjust your aura to in different circumstances?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Enya

Yep, it's true for anyone. It just takes patience and a little practice. I've shown many people how to sense their own and others' auras with their hands.
Optimal aura diatance? Infinity...
You adjust your aura without thinking, but it's good to know what's going on so you can take control if you need to. A good example is what happens when you're standing in a queue or a crowd and you feel someone is too close behind you, so you move - and they move and then you move again. This happens because their aura is intruding on yours and it's not harmonious. You can choose to expand your aura to 'push' them back or 'harden' it by imagining a shape such as a box or triangle. Triangles are good for getting thru crowds quickly.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Yep, it's true for anyone. It just takes patience and a little practice. I've shown many people how to sense their own and others' auras with their hands.
Optimal aura diatance? Infinity...
You adjust your aura without thinking, but it's good to know what's going on so you can take control if you need to. A good example is what happens when you're standing in a queue or a crowd and you feel someone is too close behind you, so you move - and they move and then you move again. This happens because their aura is intruding on yours and it's not harmonious. You can choose to expand your aura to 'push' them back or 'harden' it by imagining a shape such as a box or triangle. Triangles are good for getting thru crowds quickly.

Enya--

I've experienced what you're talking about, but I sort of chalked it up to differing "social distances". Americans have a certain distance between people that is comfortable for talking, but occasionally I notice that people from other countries tend to move in closer. There are people who tend to like a really close social distance.

With them I find myself constantly backing up...until I realize what's going on!

Lora
Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Newbie ;)

Personally, i have always kept my aura about two feet in length, with adjusting size when i don't pay attention. In large crowds, i "shrink" my aura so i can't feel anyone else's aura in the area as badly.

When shielding, i keep my aura at a 1 foot distance along with hardening.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Enya--

I've experienced what you're talking about, but I sort of chalked it up to differing "social distances". Americans have a certain distance between people that is comfortable for talking, but occasionally I notice that people from other countries tend to move in closer. There are people who tend to like a really close social distance.

With them I find myself constantly backing up...until I realize what's going on!

Lora
Hi, yes the cultural social distances apply, but when you recognise them and can detach, the fun starts! You'll also find that close friends and relatives can be closer in your auric space.
Old 15-03-2013, 03:23 PM
heartsmart

Interesting, I also wonder what happens to the aura if someone purposely comes inside of it. Say a lover or a friend. What happens to your aura when it blends with theirs?
Old 15-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsmart
Interesting, I also wonder what happens to the aura if someone purposely comes inside of it. Say a lover or a friend. What happens to your aura when it blends with theirs?

Yes, and--this may sound weird--but I try to send positive (non-threatening) energy to animals on my walks, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that without them feeling their aura invaded.

When I do it to raven, all the "hair" on their head fluffs up. It sort of freaks them out.

What would be the appropriate way to offer energy to another? Through the crown? Adding to their aura?

Lora
Old 16-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Knower

The content of this thread has provoked a question for me: Does the aura have anything to do with when one can "feel" another person looking at one? I am not really conscious of when this happens to me, but I know that if I look at the back of someone else's head, he or she is rather likely to turn directly around and look at me. Is this because I am invading his or her aura?