Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Master
Conscientious objection.

Do you conscientiously object to anything? I do. I believe that Christ did too. I sympathise with his conscientious outrage. The Christian path is one of following your conscience and being true to Christ. It encourages conscientious objection to evil and profanity.

The eastern path on the other hand encourages complete acceptance. Even of all the bad things. I AM accepts everything equally - both good and bad. It does not raise any conscientious objections to anything. Not even evil.

That is why I do not like I AM. It is too accepting of evil. It sees good and evil in equal light. I AM is a neutral path. Total acceptance and no resistance to anything. It does not raise any objections to anything.

I do object to all manner of things. I do not totally accept all things. I conscientiously object to evil and badness. I believe that Christ did too.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-06-2020, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Do you conscientiously object to anything? I do. I believe that Christ did too. I sympathise with his conscientious outrage. The Christian path is one of following your conscience and being true to Christ. It encourages conscientious objection to evil and profanity.

The eastern path on the other hand encourages complete acceptance. Even of all the bad things. I AM accepts everything equally - both good and bad. It does not raise any conscientious objections to anything. Not even evil.

That is why I do not like I AM. It is too accepting of evil. It sees good and evil in equal light. I AM is a neutral path. Total acceptance and no resistance to anything. It does not raise any objections to anything.

I do object to all manner of things. I do not totally accept all things. I conscientiously object to evil and badness. I believe that Christ did too.

'The eastern path on the other hand encourages complete acceptance. Even of all the bad things.'

Which Eastern Path ?
Which one have you Personally followed to be able to make this assumption ?
In previous Posts you accepted I Am, has the wind changed direction lol....
Old 14-06-2020, 04:01 PM
Master
Quote:

Some Christians conscientiously object to the draft/military.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-06-2020, 05:30 PM
ImthatIm

How does one object?
That to me is the area of my focus.
Can I object Lovingly?
Or do I object defiantly?
One can bring peace and the other strife.

Also in my acceptance, I get to choose.
Accept out of Love?
Accept out of complacency?
One can bring unity/growth and the other calamity.
Then, can I examine my reactions honestly, or with denial and self righteousness?
Old 14-06-2020, 06:40 PM
Knower
Quote:

I think it has to do with understanding. When you understand, and I mean, really understand a person (aka feel), you will know they are not "evil" or "good." They are a person who has made a choice. When you separate it, and when you understand how someone could make an evil choice (by relating/having made mistakes yourself, for example), you can empathize and still love them as they are.

That does not mean you agree with their choice. You may feel disappointed. But you may also start to see a bigger picture. In evil, there is benefit that can't come around any other way. We can't always see the good in things - but it is there. It's not always easy to accept that knowledge. However, I know that I've learned more from those who have been cruel to me, than from anywhere else. I'm thankful for that. I would not choose to experience those things again, but I am thankful.
Old 14-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Master

It's easy to object / agree ... sometimes you're right, other times you're wrong. It takes much more strength and wisdom to recognize when you were wrong, and next time to be more careful before objecting / agree.

Then it is a matter of what you're doing about your objection / agreement, and what you're doing about others' objections / agreement, especially those that are opposite to your objections / agreements.

I believe that objection isn't different in any way from agreement, including your responsibility for that opinion and subsequent action (or lack of action).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-06-2020, 01:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'The eastern path on the other hand encourages complete acceptance. Even of all the bad things.'
Which Eastern Path ?
Which one have you Personally followed to be able to make this assumption ?

All of them. One does not need to follow a path in order to understand it's principles. Tell me; what does I AM object to? Conscientiously objecting disrupts total acceptance. It would disturb the peace. I AM is a path of no objection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
In previous Posts you accepted I Am, has the wind changed direction lol....

I accept I AM for what it is, but to me there is more.

Old 15-06-2020, 01:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
How does one object?
That to me is the area of my focus.
Can I object Lovingly?
Or do I object defiantly?
One can bring peace and the other strife.

Also in my acceptance, I get to choose.
Accept out of Love?
Accept out of complacency?
One can bring unity/growth and the other calamity.
Then, can I examine my reactions honestly, or with denial and self righteousness?

I think you have it right.

Old 16-06-2020, 02:10 AM
Master
I must admit that there is also a lot to be said for not conscientious objecting and just letting things be as they are. Too much conscience can hurt....

Old 16-06-2020, 07:25 AM
Master
Quote:
I must admit that there is also a lot to be said for not conscientious objecting and just letting things be as they are. Too much conscience can hurt....
It does depends on what a person is conscientious objecting.

For example, if the government says you must go to war, you can go to war or object. If you object, it probably will be based on your own belief system.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.