Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-06-2020, 03:06 PM
Master
Do you understand the different interpretations of reality?

It must have taken me many lifetimes. I finally feel that I have understood the basic principles of all the different interpretations of reality. Traditional Christianity (not Gnosticism) is probably my favourite which is why I pray to Christ and am an aspiring Christian.

I have understood the basic principles of I AM, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, Atheism, Paganism, Taoism and Christianity. And all the bits in between.

My favourite version is that we as a race have fallen from grace and our Father sent Jesus to save us. I place my trust in Jesus Christ.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-06-2020, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It must have taken me many lifetimes. I finally feel that I have understood the basic principles of all the different interpretations of reality. Traditional Christianity (not Gnosticism) is probably my favourite which is why I pray to Christ and am an aspiring Christian.

I have understood the basic principles of I AM, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, Atheism, Paganism, Taoism and Christianity. And all the bits in between.

My favourite version is that we as a race have fallen from grace and our Father sent Jesus to save us. I place my trust in Jesus Christ.

If your favourite version is that ' We ' as a race have fallen from grace that is how you will see yourself, someone who's fallen from grace..... That's sad and a heavy weight to bare...
Old 13-06-2020, 04:43 PM
Master
I have stated that life began with the angelic realms.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-06-2020, 04:44 PM
Master
I have stated that life began with the angelic.

That "Paradise" or Eden was a heavenly situation.

That original sin involved this organic situation in which we find ourselves.
That time has no significance.
Time began with the original sin, and aging, decay, and death came into this reality.

That the greater reality and truth involves the timeless.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-06-2020, 05:35 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Do you understand the different interpretations of reality?
Answer: NO! probably not.

I have my own interpretation of my reality which constantly
changes. But I have a direction to walk pointed toward the Love of God
so I just head that Way.
Old 13-06-2020, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Answer: NO! probably not.

I have my own interpretation of my reality which constantly
changes. But I have a direction to walk pointed toward the Love of God
so I just head that Way.

Your compass is divine
Old 16-06-2020, 10:13 PM
ketzer

Quote:

Are those all the different interpretations of reality? We don't just interpret reality, we create it first, and I expect that there are far more ways to create and interpret realities then the few religions faiths and philosophies you mentioned here. Personally, I expect I have a long way to go yet, perhaps even infinitely long.
Old 17-06-2020, 09:28 AM
Master

how do we create reality when reality encompasses that which is outside ourselves? (ie the rest of the universe and all the people and everything in it)
we exist in reality, we interpret it, if we want to live in the real world anyway
Old 17-06-2020, 11:18 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
how do we create reality when reality encompasses that which is outside ourselves? (ie the rest of the universe and all the people and everything in it)
we exist in reality, we interpret it, if we want to live in the real world anyway

Well that's just it. The rest of 'the universe' and all the people and everything are actually inside of me, and they are outside of me, its a question of definitions and perspective. We create our own reality, interpret it, and live within it, and it is as real as any reality. We all have our own reality. In life, there is no one single common objective reality (except perhaps the experience of true oneness), only degrees of overlapping objectivity that we share.

(3) Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty." - GoT
Old 17-06-2020, 11:46 AM
Master

Quote:

I have long been of the opinion that we have no idea of what we are talking about when we expound and expand our utterances. All those hooks we grab when thinking about life, when talking about beliefs, when attempting to promise ourselves all sorts of futures, when discussing those things which we have pictured in our heads, when drawing conclusions from history whether religious or secular - all lead to confusion.

This confusion is created by our assumptions that we know certain things about 'life' and the many forms it takes. We back these beliefs up (whatever they may be) by giving things names such as 'soul' truth' 'spirit' 'love' 'God' and all the rest while having nothing to go on other than that which we believe 'could be'.

The Archbishop of Canterbury knows no more about the world in which we live as does a rice planter in Vietnam. All these 'things' that we know depend simply upon our own suggestions and how they fit into the lives we
experience daily. Those experiences we have which we see as being important in our lives can often be fitted into the concepts we've been developing since the moment of our birth. If we cannot fit them into the picture we have built then we refute them and so ignore any feedback they may give.

We all interpret reality in such a way that it fits in with our concepts.
8 Billion individual persons on this planet and each one's concept is valid.

There is no 'truth', that is separate from us, everything is true.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.