Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-06-2020, 11:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Slavery is abhorrent, physically or mentally .

' slaves were NOT meant to be kept forever, as MANY believed '

Gosh that's very kind of them, does it make it better or maybe it makes the owners feel better. I often wonder what the mindset of these slave owners had...
Ask the Chinese what was going on in Tibet prior to 1951.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-06-2020, 06:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
that's why Jesus wanted to abolished slavery, which you might not find explicitly said by him but it's obvious from his teachings. when he called his disciples they left everything to follow him. would he have not called someone who was a slave? of course he would, thus setting the slave free.
the fact that some later books of the NT are ambiguous is purely down to attempts to fit in with society of the day when you start getting into Jesus's teachings though they naturally result in contempt for slavery

Yes it is is obvious that Jesus was against Slavery, you can't love others and make slaves out of them at the same time.
I find it amusing that some seem to accept it and look for excuses to justify it. Just because it was deemed normal in biblical times doesn't make it right....
Old 12-06-2020, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Ask the Chinese what was going on in Tibet prior to 1951.

We are referring to ' Slavery in the bible '......
Old 12-06-2020, 06:20 AM
Master
Quote:
We are referring to ' Slavery in the bible '......

......... and I was referring to slavery in general.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-06-2020, 06:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes it is is obvious that Jesus was against Slavery, you can't love others and make slaves out of them at the same time.
I find it amusing that some seem to accept it and look for excuses to justify it. Just because it was deemed normal in biblical times doesn't make it right....

Ask the Chinese why some thought it was okay in Tibet back in 1951.

You might be surprised how much slavery still raises her head in this time period. You might even be more surprised what are some of the religions the 'slave masters' follow.

Old 12-06-2020, 07:41 PM
Master

I'd find righteousness ridiculous, if it weren't so dangerous.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:50 PM
Master
Can you have a slave and love your neighbour? What if you treat your slave with no beatings, proper nutrition, a place to sleep.

Sounds ridiculous but I'm sure people in Christian history asked themselves the question.

''Love your neighbour'' does not automatically translate to ''give them freedom to go where they want, give them voting rights, give them their own property'' etc.

This is not a justification of slavery but what people mean by ''love'' has not always been the same and what the implications of ''loving other people'' meant 2000 years ago are not the same as 1000 years ago, 200 years ago, or today.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Can you have a slave and love your neighbour? What if you treat your slave with no beatings, proper nutrition, a place to sleep.

Sounds ridiculous but I'm sure people in Christian history asked themselves the question.

''Love your neighbour'' does not automatically translate to ''give them freedom to go where they want, give them voting rights, give them their own property'' etc.

This is not a justification of slavery but what people mean by ''love'' has not always been the same and what the implications of ''loving other people'' meant 2000 years ago are not the same as 1000 years ago, 200 years ago, or today.

i don't think love has really changed in this time period. but if love is limited then you can justify stuff like this. it's difficult to reconcile teachings of Jesus with this but sure at some point the world's limited love did become the norm within Christianity as state religion its just this appears itself a straying from the original