Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I have an artistic display of Obsidian and
Smokey quartz in my office with a light on them.
Then, a 23 pound Rose quartz in the mix.
Sounds nice! And peculiar, I have put my obsidian together with rose quartz a lot too!
Old 21-04-2020, 06:13 PM
Master
And now I find myself really wanting golden obsidian. Sod's law... Lol
Old 21-04-2020, 07:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
When you have some free time, read up on how Apache Tear got her name. I think you will resonate more with your Obsidian afterwards.

The Legend of the Apache Tear

One day a party of Apache Indians were ambushed by an enemy tribe. The Apaches fought bravely but were greatly outnumbered and driven to the top of a high bluff. Their arrows gone and unable to fight and unwilling to be taken captive, they leapt from the cliffs to their death. Their women were understandably grief-stricken and wept over the bodies. Their teardrops froze when they hit the ground to become the lovely stones we know today as Apache Tears. It is said that whoever owns one of these stones will never cry again, for the Apache women have shed enough tears already.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 22-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Master

It took me a year to get used to obsidian. Now I find it very protective and wear it when I go to a place where there could be toxic people.
It does slow me down physically a bit just as smokey quartz does so I dont't wear it for extended periods.
Old 22-04-2020, 11:19 PM
Seeker

I also took time to adjust to black obsidian, and my tourmaline too.. getting there. My black obsidian and tourmaline sit in a little bowl on my bookshelf with a pinch of black salt (incense residue and salt) in their ‘free time’. As salt is earthy. Sometimes I’ll pair them with some wood. Finding them super protective against negative energies, but also grounding and less intense when interacting with them since :)

Have you ever tried with another type of obsidian, like snowflake obsidian?
Old 25-04-2020, 08:41 AM
Experiencer
I have big respect for black Obsidian, and I am not afraid to go deep with it into the night, meditating in total darkness just me and the Obsidian. at some point, it 'clicks' and the connection is made. The energy of the Obsidian allows me to go deep into my own psyche, that every question I have, gets a very honest, and direct reply. Could be my own subc, or higher self, or can be a shadow part of me, or can be a guide angel how some people call it... I do not know exactly what it is but I know that there is nowhere to hide, nothing to dodge or self lie about the questions and answers around. When I ask a question, an answer comes, but the answer many times inclines to go deeper, and I keep going but why, why, why for each answer and I go deeper, uncovering layer after layer... and it becomes intense in a way, soon you might realize that you can end up to find a root of a problem, somewhere steemed deeply rooted in your childhood, and you would never be able to bring light in there without being able to dive this deep.

In order to be able to truly connect with the Obsidian energy, you must lose the silly fears. Sitting in the dark, in silence (or not), with the Obsidian, at night... at first it can be a bit spooky, but you can use the energy of "i've had enough, I want to fix it now" like when you revolt against something and you are serious and determined, and you can use this energy on your own fear of 'silly spooky vibe', and it can be done in few minutes. Once you get this out of the way and you are serious about your intentions, you can dive into yourself deep. Remember that you must make room for other things to come to you, if there is fear still present, nothing can really come, only things you won't want or find helpful. Look into shadow meditation but don't find a precise technique, obtain an idea. Meditate and wait for maybe 20-30-40 minutes sometimes to make the connection, you will.

As a day to day use, I sometimes put black Obsidian spheres on my desk, but only for few days or weeks maximum. This is usually when I start doing bad choices, bad habits etc and I know it but pretend is okay, then Obsidian wakes me up pointing it very insistently and I correct myself. eg overplaying a video game or staying too much on social media, when you have work to do, but you say is fine just a little more. then when you add black obsidian, and you start having thoughts about the consequences of what you're doing, you feel more guilty about it... but not necessarily negative about that, because obsidian can also draw negative energy.. so make sure to cleanse it more regularly than other crystals. It is one of the few crystals which I feel quickly, more than subtle.
Old 27-04-2020, 04:03 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
I have big respect for black Obsidian, and I am not afraid to go deep with it into the night, meditating in total darkness just me and the Obsidian. at some point, it 'clicks' and the connection is made. The energy of the Obsidian allows me to go deep into my own psyche, that every question I have, gets a very honest, and direct reply. Could be my own subc, or higher self, or can be a shadow part of me, or can be a guide angel how some people call it... I do not know exactly what it is but I know that there is nowhere to hide, nothing to dodge or self lie about the questions and answers around. When I ask a question, an answer comes, but the answer many times inclines to go deeper, and I keep going but why, why, why for each answer and I go deeper, uncovering layer after layer... and it becomes intense in a way, soon you might realize that you can end up to find a root of a problem, somewhere steemed deeply rooted in your childhood, and you would never be able to bring light in there without being able to dive this deep.

In order to be able to truly connect with the Obsidian energy, you must lose the silly fears. Sitting in the dark, in silence (or not), with the Obsidian, at night... at first it can be a bit spooky, but you can use the energy of "i've had enough, I want to fix it now" like when you revolt against something and you are serious and determined, and you can use this energy on your own fear of 'silly spooky vibe', and it can be done in few minutes. Once you get this out of the way and you are serious about your intentions, you can dive into yourself deep. Remember that you must make room for other things to come to you, if there is fear still present, nothing can really come, only things you won't want or find helpful. Look into shadow meditation but don't find a precise technique, obtain an idea. Meditate and wait for maybe 20-30-40 minutes sometimes to make the connection, you will.

As a day to day use, I sometimes put black Obsidian spheres on my desk, but only for few days or weeks maximum. This is usually when I start doing bad choices, bad habits etc and I know it but pretend is okay, then Obsidian wakes me up pointing it very insistently and I correct myself. eg overplaying a video game or staying too much on social media, when you have work to do, but you say is fine just a little more. then when you add black obsidian, and you start having thoughts about the consequences of what you're doing, you feel more guilty about it... but not necessarily negative about that, because obsidian can also draw negative energy.. so make sure to cleanse it more regularly than other crystals. It is one of the few crystals which I feel quickly, more than subtle.

I'm falling more and more in love with my Obsidian stones. I struggled to break through my root and sacral for a few years now. Dark thoughts consumed my mind and painful flashbacks were inescapable. Obsidian seems to have finally broken through those blocks so I can ascend. It wasn't scary for me because a lot of the blocks that came up were already there, I just had no idea how to dispel them. I knew what wa holding me back I just didn't know how to unblock that energy. A lot is coming to the surface. especially things that I didn't even know bothered me at all.

I actually just bought an obsidian yoni egg to help get rid of the sexual trauma I've experienced in the past as well.
Old 27-04-2020, 06:28 PM
Knower
I appreciate this thread! I love Obsedians! Thank you all!

Lately I’m kind of intrigued by these black obsidian wands (or generators; whatever they’re called), but I’m wondering, do these ‘imitated shapes’ really give direction to the crystal’s energy, like a natural point does?

Since I’m all into raw crystals and natural points (or slightly polished ones) I don’t have any real experience with manmade points/generators.

But these Obsedian wands, there’s something that fascinates me about them.
Old 27-04-2020, 08:08 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelRain
There were a few other threads started about the crystal over the year but I decided to start my own. I recently bought black obsidian because I was drawn to black crystals. I have to say it is one of the most powerful stones I have ever worked with. I held two crystal points in my hands placed other crystals on each chakra. As well as essential oils for the sacral solar and heart.

The first time with the crystal was intense but I noticed things clear up quickly. After I worked with it a few more times I felt very heavy and borderline depressed the following day.

I grew up in an abusive household where I was the black sheep and the one people took their frustrations out on. I've been working on healing the first few chakras for a while now. It brought up issues that needed to be let go of. Things I knew bothered me for a while but it seems that the obsidian only intensified those negative feelings.

Does anyone else have experience with this stone?? Did those feelings eventually wash away? or am I expected to find a way to heal from this past trauma.

I also slept with rose quartz under my pillow which didn't do a whole lot.
Obsidian was known as Dragon Glass in the fantasy series Game of Thrones. There it was used to save the living because it had the power to defeat the dead, it seems perhaps it is doing something similar for you now.
Old 30-04-2020, 05:37 PM
Guide
Fairy crystal I tried sending this to you in a pm but it said your inbox is full.

I had another interesting experience I thought I’d share with you. I was reading last night that it’s bad to have sex dreams because it most likely means something negative is feeding off of you. I’ve been struggling to get my footing back the last few years but that’s to the obsidian things are finally turning around. I’ve had many sexual dreams as well the last few years that resulted in me having multiple orgasms. I also had a paralysis experience where two demons held me down and sodomized me. But last night I felt drawn to put the obsidian under my pillow. I had a dream about a man and was very sexually Aroused in his presence but would not get intimate. I have a feeling the obsidian helped to prevent it.