Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 22-07-2016, 08:08 AM
Suspended
The Girl with a Clock for a Heart - Peter Swanson
Old 22-07-2016, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Okay I finished and passed on "As You Think" to my son to read, I'm now starting "Creative Visualization" (Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life) by Shakti Gawain. Another find in a used bookstore. :-) I started reading another book which I go back and forth with...I should just finish the other but I'm anxious to read this one. :-)

Thank you for this, Sarian.
It's what I needed at this time and have arranged for it to be sent to me shortly.
Unfortunately, there aren't any bookstores containing these topics in my area or anywhere nearby....I am thankful for this subforum, otherwise I'd still be in the dark!
It's wonderful that your son is willing to read such material (how old is he?)....God knows I've tried with mine, but no such luck....
Old 22-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Master
Hi Hope33. I've been ordering books here and there from Barnes & Noble...and visiting a used bookstore when I can in a nearby little city. "As You Think" is a small book, it will take you no time to read it. I like listening to audio books when I'm driving and certain books titles or authors would be referred to and then I'd research and see if it was something I'd like to read or listen to and order them, also Miss H has a library full mind of great books she has suggested.

My youngest son is 24. He is really interested in all this stuff, even made up a chest he puts pictures of things and desires in it. I thought he'd laugh at me but he has witnessed the things that have happened in my life. We are pretty close. My oldest son claims to be interested in these things too, along with his wife but I think they get side tracked with other things in life to get too involved with it. Just listen to me and that's it LOL
Old 22-07-2016, 08:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi Hope33. I've been ordering books here and there from Barnes & Noble...and visiting a used bookstore when I can in a nearby little city. "As You Think" is a small book, it will take you no time to read it. I like listening to audio books when I'm driving and certain books titles or authors would be referred to and then I'd research and see if it was something I'd like to read or listen to and order them, also Miss H has a library full mind of great books she has suggested.

My youngest son is 24. He is really interested in all this stuff, even made up a chest he puts pictures of things and desires in it. I thought he'd laugh at me but he has witnessed the things that have happened in my life. We are pretty close. My oldest son claims to be interested in these things too, along with his wife but I think they get side tracked with other things in life to get too involved with it. Just listen to me and that's it LOL

Yes, indeed Ms. H has been quite an inspiration and has helped me more than she could ever imagine.
I must say, Sarian, being a member of this forum for a few years, I've never seen you in such good spirits until now... you must be doing something right;)... and know that your posts are also very inspirational.

My older son is actually sending the books mentioned above plus one...he had already heard of them... which pleasantly surprised me! He's come a long way, and I couldn't be more pleased:)
Now it's the little one's turn, hehe
Old 23-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Newbie ;)

I work in central London and I pass Watkins book shop every day and every day I want to go in and spend hours and many pounds in there! Anyway a few days ago I fancied a new Wayne Dyer book just to keep me on track but didn't go in as I thought I would wait until payday.

When I got home I recieved an email from Hay House publishers to tell me I could have a free ebook and one of the options was Wayne Dyer - 21 days to master success & inner peace!

So that's what I'm reading now. It's a bit repeatative if you like I have read lots of his other books but I always love his work. There's a short chapter about living in the now which I'm really working towards so that's been inspirational and today as a result is a good day.
Old 23-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Master
Hahahaha, Hope33! I went through a very angry if not negative phase when I was trying to sort myself out! I was most likely married then too. I can't remember when I registered here? I think I was married still or going through a divorce which was long and terrible....I have ebbs and flows. I wasn't completely dark, I wrote a lot (not here but letters and things like that, I'd go into another place, like my higher self I guess and they were incredible)...those times, even in the mist of the darkness, seemed to have been opening me up...I still get into places, not bad ones but I may post something and come across harsh but don't mean to...but sometimes I feel an urgency to say something and while I can write books or letters to those close to me or even myself that seem to come from somewhere else, I can't do that here (I think I sound like a moron to be honest) but I realize I come across poorly here most of the time. Anyway, thank you.

Joanne, some of Wayne Dyer's stuff is repetitive and some drive me nuts but I listened to one book on YouTube which sadly at the moment, I can't recall the title but I loved it and he named off other authors or book titles that I went and ordered. I don't think I recall the oe you mentioned above you got free and that's fantastic!
Old 23-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Master
Quote:
...those times, even in the mist of the darkness, seemed to have been opening me up...I still get into places, not bad ones but I may post something and come across harsh but don't mean to...but sometimes I feel an urgency to say something and while I can write books or letters to those close to me or even myself that seem to come from somewhere else, I can't do that here (I think I sound like a moron to be honest) but I realize I come across poorly here most of the time.

You do NOT sound like a moron nor come across poorly at all!
I can relate (totally!) and have been following your posts for years, which is why I see the difference between then and now.
Thank you for sharing these aspects of your life...you probably have no idea how much help you are providing.
Old 24-07-2016, 07:26 AM
Suspended
Losing It - Lesley Glaister
Old 30-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Suspended
All The Light We Cannot See - Anthony Doerr
Old 30-07-2016, 07:58 PM
Lepus

Hello,

Just finished reading three books in two weeks. I am currently reading A Witches' Bible: The Complete Witches' Handbook by Janet Farrar and Stewart Farrar. I'm in the Reincarnation section.

Blessed be,
Lepus