Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 14-11-2013, 09:14 AM
UnderTheWillowTree

Are my nightmares linked to my crystals?

Hi,

I recently bought my first crystals, two amethyst tumbled stones. I made sure i chose ones that spoke to me. Once i bought them, holding them in my hand, it felt like electricity was buzzing around my body, in a good way. I felt full of energy.

I brought them home and cleansed them with water (Tried to, i don't know if it worked). I got them because I need to calm down and be able to relax more. So I sleep with them under my pillow to calm me at night and give me a good sleep.

Lately though I have been getting really bad nightmares and restless nights, and I am wondering if perhaps it is because of them. Is there anyone who can help me figure out how to cleanse them properly and bond with them?

PS: Some nights are very peaceful and amazing, so its confusing.

Thanks,
Willow <3 xoxo
Old 14-11-2013, 06:34 PM
MeowCatCakes

Well generally Amethyst is kept in the bedroom, specifically under pillows, for protection against nightmares and to negate insomnia. Perhaps your nightmares are linked with something else? You could carry out an experiment by sleeping a few nights with the amethyst, and a few without, then compare your dreams.
Old 14-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Master

I would wait til the next full moon - and let it rest under the moon light for the night. Then gradually introduce yourself to it.

It is possible the amethyst had a traumatic disconnection from mother earth and needs to heal from that itself?
Old 14-11-2013, 08:25 PM
UnderTheWillowTree

Thankyou both of you, I will give it some thought <3
Old 15-11-2013, 03:50 AM
Master
Crystals certainly can bring about vivid dreams, nightmares, etc. I was so excited to begin working with Astrophyllite a few months ago but I found that it gives me really negative dreams and projections on a regular basis so I was forced to move it away from me and keep it in a box a good distance away from where I sleep. I have tried going back to it since then and it practically always has the exact same results with in a night or two. So it is definitely in the realm of possibility that a crystal or mineral is affecting your dreams. In some cases they make the dreams more vivid which in turn leads to a bad dream being amplified into a really bad dream. In some cases it's not necessarily that the stone gave you bad dreams but it just made your dreams much more intense and since you were naturally having a bad dream it became a really bad dream. It can be a double edged sword so to speak and if you had a natural good dream it could end up being a really good dream as well.
Old 15-11-2013, 04:21 AM
Likes2Read

Some stones have a tendency to bring suppressed things to the surface, so we can deal with them better. Dreams, also, can be the way our mind processes our experiences. So when you combine the two, you're getting issues brought to the surface and being dealt with while in the dream state -- and that can either result in a nightmare or a dream about an unpleasant topic.