Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 29-10-2013, 10:42 AM

Crystal size matters?

So I have decided to buy two crystals, but their size is:
10mm width x 30mm length
Is that size good or not? Should I wear a bigger crystal on necklace or is this good?
Old 29-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Likes2Read

Size can help, as far as boosting the energies of a stone, but size isn't the only consideration. Even small stones can be potent.

Basically, if the pendant that you want to wear is a comfortable size for you, and if the stone's energies resonate with you, then that's the right size to wear.
Old 29-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Master
Some say yes and some say no. I heard once before that as Humans our visual perceptions affects the way we think of something. And so while a small piece of Moldavite and a large piece of Moldavite is going to have the same type of energy and same metaphysical properties, our Earthly perceptions are going to make a larger piece of Moldavite affect us with more energy. It's not necessarily that the smaller or larger piece produce a different amount of energy, just our own idea on something larger generally being stronger. We perceive larger things being better, working better, and being stronger. And so that perception means that we inevitably work with more energy from a larger piece than we would a smaller piece.
Old 30-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Likes2Read

One of the reasons that I was able to discern that even small stones can pack a punch was when I started working with the diamond in my engagement ring. We're not billionaires, so the stone in question is one of moderate size, rather than being something immense. Yet, I was able to get results from its energy.

Smaller stones of any sort are easier to carry and wear as jewelry, so it's good to know that they, too, are effective.
Old 30-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Starr

I don't think size makes much, if any, difference with wearable stones.
Some people say they feel something very powerful from large stones, but they're talking megaliths, not anything you'd want dangling from your neck, lol.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Experiencer
I've taken note of several users of the crystals within our area and most are simply hoping to accomplish something anythings with crystals about the size of a quarter.. Seeing that these stones have been tumbled by them or they've simply acquired the stones via road side attractions.. the stones (that size) may not offer a true unwavering benefit to the practitioner.

I've found that stones slightly smaller than ones palm.. can offer a greater benefit, yet lets not forget it's not just the size, but how its used or placed, how the stones have been handled in the past or how they are going to be handled by their current user/owner.

Lastly, shape matters too. With any sort of directional wave or flow to or from the stone, the practitioner is simply wasting time and effort attempting to have the stone/crystal do its job correctly. yet this brings up another interesting point (sort of speak) Learning to cut and polish your own stones offers a greater benefit to you as well as the stone.. Suppose you purchase a stone from a retailer, which has been "pyramid shaped". How does one know that the stone was correctly cut or shaped within the boundaries so that the energies are flowing to and from the stone correctly.. Simply buying a stone without knowing if its been cut or shaped correctly may not benefit the user/own or even the stone.