Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 28-10-2013, 11:45 PM

How and where to buy crystals?

I know this maybe seems like a silly question, but I am quite unexperienced.

Does crystal size matter for its "energy power"?
Is E-Bay good place to buy it ? What's the best price for an average stone?
How do I know if it has been used already? If it has been used, will it have some affection on me? Should I clean it?
How do I know if it is really the crystal or only the surface of that stone is the crystal? I mean, if it is "raw" then the stone I'm buying is 100 percent crystal?
If i wear it on a golden necklace, will that gold on the necklace have affect on the stone?

If you can help me, please do, these questions are really important to me.

Thank you a lot.
Old 29-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlus

How do I know if it has been used already? If it has been used, will it have some affection on me? Should I clean it?
How do I know if it is really the crystal or only the surface of that stone is the crystal? I mean, if it is "raw" then the stone I'm buying is 100 percent crystal?
If i wear it on a golden necklace, will that gold on the necklace have affect on the stone?

Thank you a lot.

I answered the size question in your other thread. eBay can be a good place to buy some stones but when doing so you will want to do your homework before making a purchase. There are a lot of fakes on eBay and so knowing as much as possible about the stone you're buying can usually help ensure that you don't buy a fake. Also making sure that you buy from a source with a long standing good reputation will also help. The general rule is to avoid buying anything that is being sold from a vendor who lives in China since that is where the majority of the fakes are being made and being sold out of. But there are a couple times I managed to get a good deal from a source in China and the stone was real. But for a newbie to crystals and gemstones I would completely avoid buying from China unless you have done a lot of research on a specific stone and know how to spot whether it is real or fake just from its pictures. If you buy from eBay make sure you read the vendor's negative feedback that will usually tell you a lot about them. Don't buy from China and/or Asia if you don't have to. And make sure you know a lot about the stone, some are easier than others to spot fakes. It all depends on what the stone is, what it is worth, and what it looks like really. Some stones aren't very expensive so the chances of someone faking them aren't very likely, but doing your homework will always work to your benefit.

When you receive a stone you just bought or buy a stone at a store the first thing you ALWAYS want to do is cleanse the stone in water (if the stone can handle being cleansed with water, some cannot) and then you will want to use a sage bundle or incense stick and smudge the stone. This will remove any past attachments it may have, most stones will not have an attachment but it is always better safe than sorry. Generally speaking you should just think that all stones have previous owners, because they are very old and have usually passed through many hands to make it to the market where you purchased them. So you will ALWAYS want to use a sage bundle or incense to smudge the stone and remove attachments before you start working with it, it doesn't matter where you bought it.

I answered this in the first paragraph. You want to do your homework to learn about the stone you're buying, also research what the fakes of that specific stone look like so you know the difference. Then always buy from a reputable source and/or a source that other people you know have bought from and had a positive experience. Using word of mouth is always a good way to ensure you're buying a genuine mineral. And do not buy anything out of China, even if the mineral was found in China generally speaking you should not buy from Chinese dealers unless you know a lot about that mineral and know for a fact it is real just by the pictures.

Gold does have metaphysical properties so yes the Gold will probably work with the stone and the stone will work with the Gold. You should research the metaphysical properties of Gold and that will tell you what type of effects it has.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlus

Thank you a lot.

Hello, congrats on your new interest of crystals! :)

In my experience, crystal size doesn't matter. It's the individual stone that matters. For example, I have a very small dime sized Lapis stone that has TONS of energy to it. And I have a big baseball sized moonstone which also has a lot of power. You will feel a connection to a stone based on your own needs. Crystals choose you.

Go to yelp.com and search for "metaphysical stores" or "healing crystals" in your area to see if you have a shop near you. Being able to hold the crystals yourself is a lot better than purchasing online. If you must buy online I like healingcrystals.com I wouldn't buy from ebay because you never know what kinds of energy is attached to the stone and if it's a real stone or not.

Prices for stones vary depending on how rare it is and size. You can get some good popular crystals for good prices though. I got most of mine for $1-$7.

You should always always always cleanse crystals once you get them, and cleanse them frequently because they can hold negative energy or become 'tired.' Be careful. some stones cant go in water. Other stones don't do well with sea salt. Just do a quick google search before you cleanse it.

If you buy your crystal from a metaphysical store or on the website I gave you, it should be a genuine crystal, no fakes.

I've never worn a crystal on a gold chain, but it does have metaphysical properties. So it's possible.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:03 PM
WillowTheWitch

Does crystal size matter for its "energy power"? No, I don't believe the size of a crystal matters

Is E-Bay good place to buy it ? To be honest, I would prefer to see a crystal, feel it's energy and be drawn to it in person, although in saying that I have bought crystals online that I have been drawn to through picture and I'm very glad they came to me, but most of my crystals I have seen/felt it's energy

What's the best price for an average stone? Different stones, different prices, I have beautiful stones that weren't worth much and others (like moldavite) that are.. It's not about the price, it's the ones that are drawn to you.. there have been many crystals that I couldn't afford but came to me anyway through people etc I feel if your meant to have the crystal it will come to you.. sounds silly but I speak from true experience!

How do I know if it has been used already? Crystals pick up on all energies..whether it has been used or not.. I have had many crystals, passed on to me by friends, family, people linked to me etc it truly doesn't matter.. you should cleanse crystals anyway which will take away other energies etc

If it has been used, will it have some affection on me? No, Just cleanse and programme your crystal for you

Should I clean it?Yes, there are many ways, easy ones are run them under running water or visualise them in white light.. charge them in sunlight or moonlight then programme them for what you would like them for.

How do I know if it is really the crystal or only the surface of that stone is the crystal? I mean, if it is "raw" then the stone I'm buying is 100 percent crystal?Hmm.. I'm unsure what you mean by this.. there are tumbled stones..still true crystals but polished.. there are raw crystals that look still like rock..unpolished but beautiful..I love these ones, and then there are faceted gemstones which have been cut and usually worth a lot..call me crazy but I'd rather a raw crystal than faceted..anyway.. they are all still crystal.. there are those fake glass stones out there though that you have to be wary of.. although obsidian is glass and still considered a good crystal with properties

If i wear it on a golden necklace, will that gold on the necklace have affect on the stone? Gold, Silver, Copper can accentuate crystals.. I've made a few wands with copper to make stones more powerful
Old 06-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Guenivere

Another way to cleanse without having to worry about water solubility is to smudge with sage. I burn sage every morning and make sure all my stones and crystals get a good refresher.

Sunlight is a bit dangerous because some stones can fade in sunlight, so don't leave them out too long.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Experiencer
Q&A Via StoneWhisper

Q:Does crystal size matter for its "energy power"?
A:Yes, Size does matter, to small and one may not benefit from its abilities one the other hand.. to large. The stone/crystal can become over barring even cumbersome.
Q:Is E-Bay good place to buy it ?
A:All depends on ones point of view.. I personally do not buy crystals this way, moreover I tend to find them myself.. But again.. Seeded buckets (buckets that have stones/crystal placed in sand/dirt etc by the host gem mine) at gem mines can mean mishandled stones as well.
Q:What's the best price for an average stone?
A:Again depending on the actual size, shape and whether or not its "museum quality" the sky is the limit on price.
Q:How do I know if it has been used already?
A:The only way to truly know that the stone/crystal has never been touched by human hands, is finding the stone/crystal yourself out in nature, thou buying stones one can never know how many times its been handled in order to arrive to you.
Q:If it has been used, will it have some affection on me?
A:If the stone/crystal has not been carefully cleansed and recharged and or re-energized (there's a difference) then you risk not having the stone/crystal live upto and beyond its potential. Which would turn the stone/crystal into nothing more then a floor display.
Q:Should I clean it?
A:Clean, Cleanse Wash and Dry.. all of the above.. even freeze the stone/crystal for a short time. Mind you, most stones can be cleansed or clean with warm soapy water.. But warned stones/crystal etc like Kyanite can not be cleansed or even clean..
Q:How do I know if it is really the crystal or only the surface of that stone is the crystal?
A:If your referring to the chemical or mineral makeup of the stone.. best do some research on the history of the stone via the net or library.. This question is like saying or asking.. if I used the term "crystal" does this mean its one of those crystals from the swarovski catalog.. and yes there can be "man made" crystals out there.
Q:If i wear it on a golden necklace, will that gold on the necklace have affect on the stone?
A:It is said that gold is male and silver is female.. so Yes it can be worn.. and if it's been wire wrapped.. depending on the wire and how it's been wrapped.. can actually benefit the stone as well as the wearer.
Old 19-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Kotori

Good information! I was just asking in another thread where I could buy crystals online. Question answered. Thank you!