Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 12-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator
The fate of the bees -do Monsanto really care?

I just stumbled upon this.

Monsanto has developed a self-pollinating soybean plant using part bee DNA.

This sounds almost like a joke to me -but have a sneaking feeling it isn't.

I won't describe how it works....the web page describes it.
http://www.nwedible.com/2011/10/mons...been-self.html

Now for the next stage....these seeds are obviously far more expensive than traditional soybean seeds.
What would happen, let's say, if the bees WERE all wiped out?
You got it. Monsanto would 'save the world'.

Enough said. I have a suspicious mind.
Bearing in mind that I am sure it was Monsanto who developed the Nicotinoid pesticides which have a devastating effect on bees.

Last edited by Tobi : 13-09-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 13-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Master

no time to read and not got the emotional energy. My heart sinks every time I hear about something like this. Too much in the way of genetic modification.

I would indeed like to think it its a joke.
Old 31-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Master
In believe it's a a safe assumption that Monsanto cares first and foremost about Monsanto . People, animals, the environment , bees, were all put on Earth to make Monsanto money, and they shall have dominion over the Earth.
I think God has a weird sense of humor !.
Old 31-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Ascender
I believe that it was Bayer which actually developed the nicotinoids - but no matter. Many of these multinationals in related fields, but not in direct competition, often work arm-in-arm. In this case, it means helping Monsanto escape suspicion by putting it one step away from direct involvement, even though they stand to benefit massively.

These American companies have kept on saying, "Where is the evidence of a direct effect on bees?". Well, even they must be seriously worried at this latest piece of research, showing a direct correlation:
http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/...lony-collapses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Enough said. I have a suspicious mind.

No, I wouldn't say that, Tobi. You just put two and two together - and made four! There is nothing wrong with your arithmetic!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Master

I keep coming back to the bee, and here in the northern hemisphere we are approaching the winter and the land will sleep. I have a prayer that the bees will find rest to face their cycle again in what will most likely be a new way - as increments of interference seep through.

May they stay strong.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Ascender

I don't know of any large corporation who cares more about the environment rather than maximizing profits. The money system by design is destructive to humans, nature and the environment. Its time to get rid of the money system and distribute resources and technology for free to everyone in the world.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Master

I have hydroponic tomato plants. Know how to imitate the bee's pollinating? Take a vibrating toothbrush (it imitates the vibration of the bee) and touch the flower and the pollen spews out. Collect that and using a soft paintbrush cross pollinate the flowers. But tomato plants don't need bees to pollinate them. The wind will do the same thing.

That being said, bees do not exist because of man. Bees exist because of God's flowers. I think the bees will do just fine.

We had a bee hive in an old hollowed out tree a few years ago. But they didn't survive the winter. I thought they were gone till some tree trimmers working on our property last month, told my husband they found a hive in the ground very close to that hollowed out tree. I said, "Yeah!! You go bees!!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Master

Bees do exist because of God's flowers but I worry about man's ability to destroy. Maybe Bees are stronger than man - wouldn't that be the best.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Ascender
Of course Monsanto don't care.
You know that when a company wears big yellow hazmat suits to check their crops, there's something not quite right with what they're spraying on that crop.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Ummon

This makes me sad, another short sighted corporation wiping out millions of years of evolution and banking on the supposition that they can make something better, faster, smarter, stronger when they really don't know the effect it would have on the larger system. But of course, bees are just there for pollination right? They don't have any other purpose right? Nevermind that it may disrupt the food chain or that bees might be useful in terraforming a planet in the future, etc