Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Master

Just after passing

I am trying to find out what to believe after someone has passed. For me, it feels as if my father was very very present with me after passing - it droves me bats. I felt him sitting on my armchair and smiling, he felt happy.

I felt him at the funeral, I felt him smiling. It hurt that he was there but I couldn't reach him and he was standing at the front - watching us.

His presence seemed to linger for just around 2 weeks and then he seemed to fade. I am inclined to believe that it was at this point that his soul went off for the healing, that the time that he had on the earth after passing was a period of addressing earthly healings and reconcilliations, karma perhaps - and a chance to say goodbye, for him to get used to no longer being part of the world and the energetic shifts to take place.

Is that my grief talking gaga to me or is that something real? That the immediate period after a passing is a transitional - for all?
Old 02-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Sybilline

Hello Belle,

I would like to express my condolences and respect.

I too have lost my father when I was much younger, but I never felt him. My sister did, even years after his death. Then again, I never really had the "sense" for supernatural things.

Um, I am not really sure what to believe about the afterlife to be honest with you, I have my own belief but I don't know much about it either so I stay open to other beliefs.

I think it makes sense that it's "transitional", maybe the soul is still deciding whether or not it will linger for a little bit longer for whatever reason, perhaps they have attachments, unfinished businesses, etc.

I have also read somewhere that hauntings are just memories, which is why sometimes they do the same thing over and over again. I'm sure that doesn't apply to times when they do something totally different.

Then of course there's that cynical belief that it's all in our mind, and that we see things because of feelings of pain, guilt, etc. Of course this doesn't apply to instances where more than one person saw something at the same time.

Then there's that belief that their spirit stays here for 40 days which I will dismiss the literal part of, as I don't really think souls have any sense of time.

So I am not really sure Belle... but I am sending you lots of love, and positive thoughts as you go through this.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Administrator
Hey Belle,

Your soul goes on as soon as you have passed, but they can come back to visit, very quickly after, my husband was at his funeral he was standing at the side smiling at me, he couldnt believe how many people turned out,
i havent seen my husband but i feel him around and i smell him, this is normal so youre not going mad at all,
when i went to see my husband in the chapel of rest i left the door open my brother took me he said close the door i said no because i felt my husband leave with me, all this is normal,

Namaste

Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Master

Thanks both, there are so many thoughts out there and I just want the best for my dad but I guess I have to let him chooose ! I keep telling him to move on to healing, but if it is good for him to be here then so be it. It does disturb me somewhat and I wish I knew what he wanted. grrr.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Enya

Perhaps your dad just wants to reassure you that he lives on. My mum came back not long after she died and stayed around for a few weeks, popping in every now and then until she decided she had other things to do.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Juanita

what can I say.....spirit is amazing and can do many things at one time and be in many places at the same time......death is nothing more than a change of vibrational energy..... love is eternal and so are we.....
Old 04-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Master
I think that's a cool experience you had, Belle. If you sense it that strongly and it felt that real, I'd tend to believe it. I have similar experiences about my son's visits. I think go with it, until something changes your mind about it. My condolances.

Last edited by Silver : 05-07-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Kaceykat

Belle, I am really really sorry for what you are going through :C

I was bereft when my grandma died ten years ago ~ she was more like a mother to me. So I don't think I was predisposed to hear her voice in my ear at her funeral, making jokes at one point about the food (which she loved) and giving me the name of the dog owned 20 years earlier by the elderly couple I was talking to (they were shocked that I knew it.)

Now I think Grandma knew how much grief I was in, and was sticking around to console me and maybe even jolly & jolt me out of my sorrow for a second ~ which is why she came through as funny. Yes, it was a transition for both her and myself, I am sure.

I have been told she is still with me, watching over me. I dont know if that means she's not 100% in the light ~ I would hate to think Im depriving her of all that!!! ~ but gosh knows I can use all the help I can get these days, so am not going to quibble.

Again, very very sorry for the bereavement you must experiencing now.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:02 AM
Master

At my father in law's funeral, he made the microphone make these "swish swish" sounds - nobody noticed but my husband, myself and our kids. When we were at the gravesite, my husband looked down and there, in front of him, were a trail of ants and he felt it was his Dad sending him the ants, because it suddenly made him remember something from his childhood, and his Dad says, "Damn ants!" That's what he heard, and it felt to him like his Dad was trying to make him laugh in a time filled with sorrow.

Many condolenscences. Be happy he is with you and enjoy it as much as you can, for he loves you still.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:44 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I am trying to find out what to believe after someone has passed. For me, it feels as if my father was very very present with me after passing - it droves me bats. I felt him sitting on my armchair and smiling, he felt happy.

It's delightful you were able to sense his presence.
No doubt this was gratifying to him.

When my Mom died I felt no separation-loss whatsoever. (I was 17)
This didn't seem particularly odd for some reason. (Not to feel grief)
Her health WAS poor & I had no doubt that leaving was a welcomed gift to her. My only real sadness was for my father and his loss.