Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 14-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Master
After observing animals the hyenas are still my favorite. Unfortunately they seem to get a bad rap. And i blame "The Lion King" for that. Nobody should watch that movie. They should have a remake and call it "The Truth King" in which the lions are portrayed as the villains and the hyenas outsmart them.
Old 14-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Fish Whales

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDancer
Wolves are one of my favorites.

One theory of whale evolution is based on a common inner-ear bone found in current{?} cetaceans, if not just some ancient ones and wolves. This leads to ideas that wolves evolved into cetaceans.

..."The early whale swam polar waters during the Eocene period, some 49 million years ago. Its age suggests fully aquatic whales evolved from their mammalian ancestors more rapidly than previously thought, said researcher Thomas Mörs, paleozoologist at the Swedish Museum of Natural History.

.....Based on 53-million-year-old fossils of whale-like, semi-aquatic mammals, scientists had thought mammals gave rise to whales in a process that took 15 million years. The new find suggests it took just 4 million years."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...imals-science/

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 14-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Fish Whale Brains

..."Is the whale brain intellectually weaker than the human brain, or just different? They have fewer neurons but more glia, and in traditional views of the glia, the neurons count for much more.

....But if glia process information too, does the different ratio in Minke whales mean they think not more weakly but just much differently? We're now wondering, essentially, what goes on in a whale's head -- and why, if it's supposedly so smart, it doesn't have great works to show for it."...
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...r-than-we-are/
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
One theory of whale evolution is based on a common inner-ear bone found in current{?} cetaceans, if not just some ancient ones and wolves. This leads to ideas that wolves evolved into cetaceans.

..."The early whale swam polar waters during the Eocene period, some 49 million years ago. Its age suggests fully aquatic whales evolved from their mammalian ancestors more rapidly than previously thought, said researcher Thomas Mörs, paleozoologist at the Swedish Museum of Natural History.

.....Based on 53-million-year-old fossils of whale-like, semi-aquatic mammals, scientists had thought mammals gave rise to whales in a process that took 15 million years. The new find suggests it took just 4 million years."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...imals-science/

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 14-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Fish Cetaceans Half Asleep

..."When marine mammals sleep and swim at once, they are in a state similar to napping. Young whales and dolphins actually rest, eat and sleep while their mother swims, towing them along in her slipstream--a placement called echelon swimming. At these times, the mother will also sleep on the move. In fact, she cannot stop swimming for the first several weeks of a newborn's life. If she does for any length of time, the calf will begin to sink; it is not born with enough body fat or blubber to float easily"...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...s-and-dolphin/

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
..."Is the whale brain intellectually weaker than the human brain, or just different? They have fewer neurons but more glia, and in traditional views of the glia, the neurons count for much more.

....But if glia process information too, does the different ratio in Minke whales mean they think not more weakly but just much differently? We're now wondering, essentially, what goes on in a whale's head -- and why, if it's supposedly so smart, it doesn't have great works to show for it."...
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...r-than-we-are/

Old 17-07-2017, 03:17 AM
Master
I have to say crows are my favorite. There cleverness is crazy.
Old 18-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Pathfinder
I would like to take a dog as soon as it is possible for our family. I really like dogs

Then I feel something primitive and ancient hypnotic feelings against crocodiles and sharks. I just can't stop watching and feeling something when I see them in TV
Old 30-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Guide
A big ugly spider

...no i just dont wanna see them around me so often. Liking them should might help
Old 30-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Seeker
And as I was taught the Fox carries a "Meaning" about Camouflage! Both "wearing" and seeing through! :)
Old 30-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Seeker
Smile Favorite Animal?

Since I can Feel the Kinship of ALL our Relations I am hard put to find a favorite I guess.

I do have a Close Affinity to Bear ( my right Totem) and Birds! ( Bird Clan somewhere along the line I suspect...) I have "shape shifted" to a Red Tailed Hawk (my left Totem) to "visit" a Brother of mine ( strange story but he found talon scratches on the hood of his truck the next day ~ he's a truck driver~ and called me immediately which was my intention ) and seeing out of the side of my head was quite a strange experience!!

A Pegasus ( fantastical animals ok too? )

And my Spirit Bear ( my fur baby~of the dog variety )
Old 22-08-2017, 06:30 AM
Newbie ;)

I'm a huge fan of pandas. They're adorable clumsy animals. They just made it off the endangered species list too. People finally figured out how to keep the babies alive, which increased the population.

I also love kitties. Each one has their own unique personality, and as a bonus their tummies are super soft!