Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 13-08-2022, 02:49 PM
Ascender

God isn’t a jealous God at all. God is higher vibration. God knows all emotions, and humans can’t feel an emotion which God can’t as well, but God doesn’t choose to get jealous.
Old 22-08-2022, 05:29 PM
PureEvil760

It means there are no other real Gods, only 1. Only one way. Only one Truth.

You will only know the real God when you choose to follow His way instead of your own. Until then, even after death you can maintain your own way as long as you wish. You can exist outside of perfection, outside of this oneness as long as you want.

Some people think they can take their flaws to Heaven with them, but this will always remain impossible. Telling them this furthermore angers them, which I think is ironic. They think they can take their anger to Heaven, which means they think anger exists in Heaven which it does not.
Old 21-09-2022, 06:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
What do others make of the idea of a "Jealous God", a phrase found on Yahweh's lips, recorded for posterity in Exodus:-

It is possible that it is a human interpolation. There are other scriptures too where such human interpolations have been possibly added, and which seems absurd or non-spiritual.

I personally incline to both monism and monotheism, but consider such themes as a 'Jealous God" with suspicion and as possibly man-made.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 07-12-2022, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
It is possible that it is a human interpolation. There are other scriptures too where such human interpolations have been possibly added, and which seems absurd or non-spiritual.

I personally incline to both monism and monotheism, but consider such themes as a 'Jealous God" with suspicion and as possibly man-made.

I concur, anything human written, can be mis drafted, mis interpreted and mis understood. I think it is also true that the divine speaks to us individually, in a language we, as a uniquely conditioned being, can understand. That communication when read centuries later by a differently conditioned human being may not transfer the same message.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I concur, anything human written, can be mis drafted, mis interpreted and mis understood.

that is a big part of the problem, we WANT to misintpret ideas that don't look as pretty as we want them to, and we WANT to misunderstand things if our understanding would mean we had to know, irrevocably, that we couldn't get what we want.

(shrugs)
Old 13-12-2022, 08:06 PM
Master

For me, I don't know enough to know if our God or any God would be jealous. I only know what God, our God, is and has created. I don't even know if our God is the only God. I'm amazed how little I really know. I was born on a planet and no one down here really knows much about why we and the universe exists and who or what made it and us and why. Lot's of people have theories and come up with ideas though.
Old 13-12-2022, 09:51 PM
Seeker

Jealousy is a personality defect. Any "deity" that is jealous, or to the be feared, is not a worshipable deity. I cannot worship a clingy bully.
Old 23-12-2022, 11:10 PM
Master
I think a lot of the confusion stems from all the things we place into jealous, and how that means God gets mad, and angry, because he's jealous, and we see humans get this way, so God does too. And so that is where the context gets lost.

We then defined God as what we said is God. So, if it's not figure A, then God is mad at you for worshiping B. A lot of that stems from the idea that things are outside of God. That really stemmed from the messianic religions that said we are the only way our God is the true God, in a way to oppress the minorities or other belief's out there.

If we look at jealous as God is asking to be our top priority in our lives, and live our selves around that concept. Not in the sense that we will be punished if we don't, but in the sense we will see our connection to God and our lives will grow. We will no longer see the illusion of separation, and will see the blessings in our lives. Which probably is a better notion than God going, I am God, I don't care if you like me, or not. I'm kind of a meh kind of go with the flow type of being. It doesn't have the same understanding to it.

It just got altered through time as being a bad thing, that you will suffer wrath if you don't or if you see God as not this god than your God is the wrong God and I will kill you.

It's not that much different than the concept of love others as you would love God.
Old 11-01-2023, 02:51 AM
Master
The golden rule whilst visiting heaven, "zero hate".
Imo that's.
utopiandreamchild
Old 28-02-2023, 03:23 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
The golden rule whilst visiting earth, "zero hate".
Imo that's.

Would it be any different in heaven?, imo, no.
utopiandreamchild

so when u share "phrase heaven"
may i inquire if u understand the Joke between the masochist and the sadist

where the masochist said sadist hit me
and the sadist said no to the masochist

so an hell would be sadist heaven unless all the people enjoyed being mistreated

Noticed people covered in tattoos huh wondered how bad that hurts
or feels wonderful to them

id been around AA people that intentionally cut themselves with knifes
really awesome place to study nature of people .,. really sociology so easy to silently observe

definition the study of the development, structure, and functioning of human society. the study of social problems. i substitute the word problems with word issues