Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-05-2021, 12:30 PM
Master
QUOTE 1 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadguy347
I hope that maybe some stories of NDEs and afterlife studies here can perhaps ease my worry. Is reincarnation mentioned in NDE experiences.
Many years ago, in my early 20s, I had a mind-boggling, life-transforming NDE where I emerged symptom-free from a 3-day "irreversible coma" with a vivid recollection of all that had transpired.

I recall specifically that there was a CHOICE regarding whether to return or not.

I'm not sure if that helps, but that was my recollection. In addition, although the doctors predicted severe brain damage and/or organ damage in the unlikely event that I survived, I shocked them by coming out of it completely symptom-free and healthy. The message of my NDE was that there is nothing to fear relevant to physical death.
Old 19-05-2021, 01:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 1 EXCERPT:
Many years ago, in my early 20s, I had a mind-boggling, life-transforming NDE where I emerged symptom-free from a 3-day "irreversible coma" with a vivid recollection of all that had transpired.

I recall specifically that there was a CHOICE regarding whether to return or not.

I'm not sure if that helps, but that was my recollection. In addition, although the doctors predicted severe brain damage and/or organ damage in the unlikely event that I survived, I shocked them by coming out of it completely symptom-free and healthy.
Member sadguy asked about reincarnation, one of many thing that frighten him.

On a different tack - yet relevant to sadguy's fears - NDEs may be evidential about life after death but they are often misunderstood. Many think the experience is the same as death - it's not. NDEs should not be seen as viewing or experiencing what happens after death even though some aspects are similar and give some insight. What they don't have anything to tell us about is reincarnation.
Old 20-05-2021, 01:33 AM
Master

sadguy347 seems to fear reincarnation as he thinks it will be yet more suffering. So my interpretation of his comments is that he wants an afterlife where he can live the ideal version of his current life, and if he has to be reborn he wants to choose a life free from suffering.

All these fears seem to miss the point of reincarnation. Life on Earth is not all suffering. Yes, for many people life is a struggle. But for many others, life on this planet is actually quite enjoyable with the occasional challenge thrown in.

sadguy347 may choose to be paralysed by his fears, filled with anxiety for the future. Or he may try to understand the bigger picture and see his own life in better perspective. Maybe this is his big lesson for this incarnation.

Peace
Old 20-05-2021, 03:41 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
That is precisely why I wrote: "I'm not sure if that helps".

Of course, an NDE is not the same thing as physical death. However, I have also had an extensive one-on-one dialogue with a Tibetan Buddhist monk who wrote about watching his master raise a monk from the dead (Tibetan Book of Living and Dying) and guide him through the bardos (death transitions). He also said that there is a CHOICE .... and that IS a real physical death. Yogananda (Autobiography of a Yogi) also wrote about a raising from the dead in which there was a CHOICE. .
Corporeal death is a one-way trip - period, full stop.

Raising someone from the dead doesn't happen - bringing someone back from afar, someone apparently dead, sometimes does.

Now should we take this debate to the correct place which is away from this thread? As was suggested by Miss Hepburn.
Old 20-05-2021, 05:05 PM
Just to say - I will always delete an eyeroll towards a person here and any snark
of any kind when I catch it anywhere!
You may have noticed I already have!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-05-2021, 10:27 PM
Administrator
And i fully support that

Namaste
Old 21-05-2021, 05:55 AM
Deactivated Account
reincarnation, a continuing conversation

We know very few details about reincarnation yet it leads to many arguments about how it works. The notion is colored by teachings from various faiths and religions but at the heart of things ignorance predominates and yet some talk about the subject as if they have understanding and knowledge; they don't.

This thread enables members to raise points that intrigue them and provides a platform to look at why the subject is poorly understood. For myself I'm influenced by a spirit individual who gave his thoughts via mediumship and is regarded by many as being highly spiritually-evolved. And even he has little conclusive to tell us.

What he did say - as best I recall and I'd be happy for anyone to correct me - was that among his spiritually-advanced peers were those who declared they'd never met anyone who had reincarnated. But he himself was sure reincarnation was a fact. I don't heed ideas put forward by incarnates - their present state of spiritual advancement can not be known and they may simply be parroting the ideas of others whose spiritual advancement is also not known.

I am impressed by accounts where details about this world appear to have retained from their previous life or lives. Yet we still can't be certain that details in such accounts have been retained the way it appears they have. Alternative mechanisms are possible and we're left wondering.

Dig down through folk's words and we find beliefs or ideas coming from sources whose authority can be challenged. And why shouldn't we challenge any and all details? Those that are sound will stand any amount of scrutiny but anything less will not.

If all the above challenges your personal faith or belief then I'm sorry but I won't change my approach to protect yours.
Old 21-05-2021, 01:35 PM
Master
QUOTE 59 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Corporeal death is a one-way trip - period, full stop.

Raising someone from the dead doesn't happen - bringing someone back from afar, someone apparently dead, sometimes does.

At the very least, you might want to check out the references I provided as well as stories from the various wisdom traditions such as Jesus and Lazarus, Elijah and the widow's son, etc.

In any case, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
Old 21-05-2021, 02:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
QUOTE 59 EXCERPT:
At the very least, you might want to check out the references I provided as well as stories from the various wisdom traditions such as Jesus and Lazarus, Elijah and the widow's son, etc.

In any case, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Checking out references would be pointless. It doesn't make any difference to me what those sources believe or what the stories from whatever traditions may say.

And although I have opinions on many matters - where sound guidance is not forthcoming for example - I don't have one on this subject. I heed the guidance of communicators I see as spiritually-advanced rather than the words of an incarnate.

But I fully acknowledge your right to listen to whatever appeals to your reason.
Old 21-05-2021, 04:16 PM
Administrator
AS you will see this thread was going in all directions i have cut it down so the subject matter can be focused on

Namaste