Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 03-09-2022, 02:28 PM
Master
About Music

What music means to you and how you describe it.
Are you a musician or just a listener?

What are your feelings about it.
Old 18-11-2022, 07:05 AM
Master

Huge question probably why no one has said anything although I'm surprised they haven't. It's a perennial question, keeps coming around for me, sometimes during singing a song. Sometimes I ask what the hell am I doing during the middle of singing a song lol. (and so do others perhaps ask the same question lololol) So this just shows me how deep music is and that there is alot of communication taking place between different parts of ourselves or even different parts of the brain etc.
I'm realising as I make my journey as some kind of musician, guitarist and vocalist mostly and lyricist of course that you are making discoveries about yourself all the time too, the technical stuff, rhythm, harmony, melody and all of that is beautiful and important but it's the other elements of what music is which blow me away sometimes. It's dramatic, it's got everything to do with acting and sometimes it has nothing to do with it...so it's much more profound that you or I can even begin to imagine, it's a spiritual path but I guess because music has become so popular is a good and bad way that it is no longer seen as a bonafida spiritual path perhaps ?
So yes because music is so powerful and so big in a way it can overwhelm you almost and put you off !!! ..So from stopping a drunken man from fighting in a bar room all the way up to bringing civility into the court of kings and queens, etc. etc. etc. music has done it and been there. I could easily write many many more pages lol ...but ill spare you this time !!! but thanks for opportunity and great question !!! Joe.

__________________________________________________ ___________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 22-01-2023, 01:10 PM
Master

I was going to open a similar thread but decided to check down the list in order I didn't tread on anyone's toes, and found this one .
I agree with Joe in as much as why not many responses .
I also agree with Joe as in just like he could talk for Ireland about all things music, I could talk for England about all things music.

I just LOVE music. I have no particular genre, I just love it all depending on my mood .

As far as I'm concerned music feeds our soul like a life-force and touches it in a way that nothing else can....

We all need food , water, shelter and sun in order to survive...
But our soul needs music.
Old 23-01-2023, 01:41 AM
Dude111

I love beautiful sounding music........

What I heard at this record store I was at yesterday was anything but!!

It was a CD and the band was DISTURBED and it was tinny sounding and horrible!!!!!!

They had it jacked way up..... I knew it wasnt a record,ANALOGUE DOESNT SOUND THAT BAD!!

I dont see how ppl can listen to that stale sounding crcp,its horrible!!
Old 10-02-2023, 04:08 PM
Master

..... Although if I'm being honest when I feel like I want some shouty screechy music I love to whack Disturbed on singing "sound of silence "...!!!
Old 11-02-2023, 05:48 AM
Master

Joe Mc and I were talking about buskers in a different thread, but I'm posting here to keep on topic in other thread.
Joe very kindly sent a link to hear a busker in Leeds UK , and I was thrilled and delighted to know this busker very well ( Mike Iredale) and used to love watching him in the city centre where I worked for many years.
So this got me thinking about another busker that was there and had a beautiful voice too . A younger man with dark hair and he used to sing Donavans "catch the wind" so hauntingly that you drawn to him as though in some hypnotic state even if you couldn't where he was.
His voice drew you to him.
So I've tried looking him up on you tube and the only one I can find is a young dark haired man called "Jonny walker" that was a legend in Leeds and many other town centres and he did indeed sing "catch the wind" , but sadly he took his own life in 2018 aged just 37.
Such a lovely talent.

" Hope you are still singing in heaven Jonathan. Rest in peace ".
Old 11-02-2023, 06:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
So I've tried looking him up on you tube and the only one I can find is a young dark haired man called "Jonny walker" that was a legend in Leeds and many other town centres and he did indeed sing "catch the wind" , but sadly he took his own life in 2018 aged just 37. Such a lovely talent. " Hope you are still singing in heaven Jonathan. Rest in peace ".

A very beautiful and hypnotic song, Catch the Wind, absolutely one of my favourites. Very sorry to hear about this young man RIP. Sounds like he had one of those voices, I'm sure he will be singing with the angels. Voices do that, they can heal and attract people and stuff like that.

" In the chilly hours and minutes of uncertainty I want to be in the warm hold of your loving mind, to feel you all around me and to take your hand along the sand ah but I may as well try and catch the wind ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8hjEYTpwE8

__________________________________________________ __________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 11-02-2023, 07:08 AM
Master

Top o' the morning to ye JOE....
Aww Thank you.
It really IS beautiful.
It was played at my wedding.
So very meaningful to me too....
( P.s look up Jonny walker on you tube , see what you think ! )
Old 11-02-2023, 07:17 AM
Master

Donavan was brilliant in his own right , but stood in the shadow of Dylan.
Bit like Matt Monro....
Beautiful voice ( born free haunts me to this day )
But up against Elvis and the other greats .
Donavan and Monro never reached the status they deserved as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:21 AM
Master

Jonny walker ( busker) is very donavan / Dylan esk !

Another Absolutely FANTASTIC Artist , young , fresh , amazing , is Jake Bugg.
Saw him live in concert and I've never been on such a spiritual/ soul / musical experience.

Again.... Dylan is his inspiration and it shows ...
He's the UK version of Dylan !!