Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 14-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer

What do you feel about all of this? I'd be interested to hear what people say. Thanks.

I have noticed increased heat in my town and place as well compared to past years.

It's quite clear that the culprit is global warming. 2015 had overtaken 2014 as the hottest year in recorded history , and if 2016 does the same ,the imbalance is going to increase further.

The supreme irony is that even with the increased heat and concerns over global warming, I still saw trees being cut in my town for creating parking lots and for better traffic management which shows that people are careless and uncaring and unconcerned as usual.

Increased heat can have devastating effects on agriculture leading to food insecurity of sorts and rising food prices.

It is very important for people to take global warming seriously and implement measures to reduce it at least on the personal front.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 23-08-2020, 11:56 AM
Lepus

Hello

Wishing everyone well and safety for those affected by the wildfires and tropical storms. Seems like each passing year these events occur in much greater intensity.

Lepus
Old 23-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Administrator
The weather is getting worse . we are suppose to be getting the last of a hot summers day here ,i cant see it when they say the uk has been basking in the heat not here. its been all down south.i live in wales. we have had a few nice days none of them hot.
we had thunder storms the other night went on for over 4 hours. lightening lit up the sky.
but other places have has fires floods etc. if they want someone to blame . blame the men who went into space, because the broke the layer of protection we lived under. then you have got the junk they left up there. that who is to blame

Namaste
Old 24-08-2020, 04:48 AM
Master
I have seen no difference in weather where I live.

People claim we have 'pollution' but never mention the 110,000 acres in the mountains to the north which burnt. Fire breaks could have reduced the fire damage but that can not be done.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 24-08-2020, 12:10 PM
Deactivated Account
It's four and a half years since this topic was opened for discussion by the way.

Severe weather is hardly uncommon and it's down to statistics to show whether things are getting worse. Subjectivity doesn't have much scientific or statistical importance but facts and figures help show the true picture.

Every time we have a new record we need to look back at the time period for which it's a record - often things aren't exactly what they appear.

And just about everyone is parochial - they're talking about their town, their county, their state, their nation. And they're all valid concerns but global statistics are what indicate the global situation, the 'wild weather' we need to be concerned about.
Old 24-08-2020, 12:53 PM
ketzer

I started a thread about the whether a while back, can't recall which forum it was in, where I asked whether everyone had the right to believe whatever they wanted, and whether or not anyone had any responsibility to try to assess the truth or validity of those beliefs.

While there was some diversity in the responses, it seemed to me that the overwhelming reaction was that one can believe anything they like and it is nobodies business but their own. Now I am not one to believe that a belief can be forced upon anyone, but it does seem to me that one ought to have some responsibility to try to apply reason to ones beliefs when the consequences of those beliefs can affect others.

I am not one to believe that science is absolute and should be accepted without question. I love to look at science and speculate what undiscovered truths it may be pointing toward. I come up with all sorts of ideas while trying to see beyond that horizon, many that sound quite kooky to most. Yet in my everyday life, I depend on science to do my job, to navigate my car, to operate my phone and to keep this computer running. I know not to try to drive my car off a cliff and make if fly, even if one of my kooky ideas says that just might be possible to do, and I can construct a rational semi-scientific argument why that might be.

Though I have not made a study of it, it seems to me that many in what might be called the 'spiritual realm', many of whom are apt to frequent such forums as the ones here, are downright hostile to science, as if it is an enemy that must be vanquished so they can believe whatever they want regardless of what the science says. They are often not content to say this belief flys in the face of science but I believe it anyway. Instead they often want to argue why science is wrong, or maybe argue it says something it really doesn't, or maybe represent all of science based on what a few very well compensated scientists say.

Most have heard about the 'scientific revolution', but only recently are we starting to hear more and more about the unscientific revolt. Where science itself becomes the enemy of ones religious, political, or spiritual beliefs. Where it is more important to believe what ones tribe believes, regardless of the science, so that one can be identified as a member of that tribe. Sure, pseudoscience plays a roll in it all, but the beauty of the rebellion rests in its ability to incite denial. The pinnacle of which is to deny science in general, to cast it as just the realm of those "college educated elitist who think they are better then our tribe.... we don't like them.....do we". "We won't let them tell us what to think.... we have celebrities, politicians, and pop gurus for that." "Some people believe that the burning of fossil fuels is causing the climate to change. Some people believe that smoking cigarettes causes cancer. " "Those are the poor fools who are being duped by the conspiracy. Not us though, we think for ourselves."