Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-01-2024, 05:30 PM
rozenb222

What do we have to hope for in this life?

I see people on you tube say new age spirituality is fake and God/universe doesn't even exist. I agree there are some flaws in new age spirituality, but not all of it is flawed. No I don't believe that you have to buy a bunch of crystals, chant mantras all day, put all kinds of tattoos on your body, etc. I'm starting to wonder, is there any hope left in this life? No belief in anything? What's the point in living then?
Old 10-01-2024, 06:11 PM
Guide

You don't have to believe what people on you tube say. What do you believe? What sits most true in your heart? Would it help you to get in touch with your feelings and intuition through art or journaling or music? Or maybe travel or walking in the countryside?

I'm not sure if you're young or not but it sounds like maybe you are. It can take years to realise where you stand on certain issues and what gives life meaning for you. And it fact beliefs aren't - or at least shouldn't be - an ending in themselves, as they evolve and change naturally as life goes on and different experiences challenge how you see life.

There is plenty of hope, but there's little point giving you mine as you need to find yours. What makes you feel happy? Go with that.
Old 10-01-2024, 07:24 PM
rozenb222

I'm at the point where I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't know if it's intuition or wishful thinking. Ego or soul. What makes me happy? Hardly anything now. Life has beaten me down so much that happiness feels out of reach. Love feels out of reach. I tend to stay in my head a lot. I know that's not healthy, but what else do I have? I'm always sitting here thinking what I did wrong in life because my life is a big nothing. Day after day it's the same thing. I wake up to nothing. No excitement. No hope in seeing the light. Constantly feeling empty and half alive.
Mentally and emotionally exhausted from feeling depressed and angry all the time. It's been a struggle. It's been rough. Feeling lost, confused, and unlovable is the worst feelings ever. Abandoned and betrayed. I watch readings on you tube just to keep my head above the water. I even have to take those with a grain of salt because they make predictions that never came true for me. So when I come across videos that claim that there might not be a God or that the universe doesn't exist, that just kills the little bit of hope I do have.
I don't know. I hear people say all the time on here and on you tube to just "follow your path". The "path" that I think I'm following has lead me nowhere. It feels like I'm stuck in some kind of limbo. Feels like hell. I feel like a complete loser.

Sorry for rambling. Just had to get that off my chest.
Old 10-01-2024, 11:05 PM
Master

my own take on that is that the people at the bottom of the emotional pool are 'lucky' and 'blessed' for what they are getting - the only problem being they don't get to relate much in ways that others do... which makes them want nothing to do with the treasures being bestowed on them because relating with others is the one thing we all seem to want more than anything else...

but that is just me...
Old 10-01-2024, 11:31 PM
rozenb222

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
my own take on that is that the people at the bottom of the emotional pool are 'lucky' and 'blessed' .

Can you elaborate more on this?
Old 10-01-2024, 11:57 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozenb222
I'm always sitting here thinking what I did wrong in life

I believe this is at the root of your feelings, and therefore the crux of all your problems. (the bolded words are my emphasis)

Please, list five things you've done right in life (there will be hundreds of things). Please list five, or even ten.
Old 11-01-2024, 12:17 AM
Master

from a biblical point of view, various passages indicate that the lowly/downtrodden are the real winners in the christian version of life...

this is brought out most clearly when jesus told a rich guy to make himself poor if he wanted to follow along. But it is a sometimes-theme throughout....

from my own point of view, the reason for that is, if you are at the bottom of the totem pole you are almost forced to deal with parts of reality that noone wants to deal with... and that many others spend their whole lives trying to avoid...

despite what is said about that fact in society my own take is, over a period of lifetimes of it you can get to the point where you are interested enough to start learning about what is there rather than just blindly enduring it... I mean what else are ya gonna do?

While that is lonely as all get out my experience with doing that is there is an awful lot more there than people would want to believe... in some ways just knowing about what I've seen has brought me the hope that there is much much more to everything than just being able to do what others say it is desirable to do....

Which is a real blessing for me because I'm cursed, not being able to do the things that others say it is desirable to do....

So here on one hand I'm forced to deal with stuff I just don't wanna deal with, but on the other I see so much hope for the future despite the fact I'm lonely and alone that that kinda balances it out and maybe even outweighs it... And meanwhile I see everyone else running away as fast as they can and to what? Being part of normal society the way it is and always has been and (besides things like tech changes) probably always will be? I get it I guess but....

so anyway that is why I call people at the bottom of the totem poll 'fortunate'.

Although i understand why noone else would feel the same!
Old 11-01-2024, 12:22 AM
rozenb222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto
)

Please, list five things you've done right in life (there will be hundreds of things). Please list five, or even ten.

Um...this is going to be a little hard for me...but I'll try.

1) Love people
2) Stand up for myself when I need to (Even though I failed that in the past)
3) Cut off negative and toxic people in my life
4) Learned from my mistakes in life (Still feel like I'm being punished for those mistakes.)
5) Share with others (Makes me feel good)
Old 11-01-2024, 12:35 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozenb222
Um...this is going to be a little hard for me...but I'll try.

That's an amazing list. All of those things are truly amazing, and I wasn't expecting you to say such profound things, if I'm truthful.

If you therefore always sat there thinking what you did right in life, how do you think you'd feel about life?

How about focusing your thoughts upon the positive aspect of everything? There is a positive flip-side to literally every thing, and you have the ultimate power and free will to choose to do that.
Old 11-01-2024, 10:38 AM
Administrator
some people are lucky others are not I am not I have gone through more in my life that some people go through in series of lifetimes.
I am far from the luckiest person you could think of.
yet I have always looked after others nursed people until they died,
I help my friends out,
fought the health service but I am still here. I know when i will pass and i wont be back again and that is just fine with me.
have you thought about helping out in a charity shop it would help you to meet people.

Namaste