Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-12-2023, 11:18 PM
Same Sex twin flame27

Do we really have free will?

I don't feel like I do because if I had free will, I would choose to not fall in love with another woman so I could avoid heart break. I guess the soul knows no free will and just does what it wants.
Old 06-12-2023, 11:45 PM
Knower

I understand that we have free will in as much that we choose to live this life before we're born. I'm not so sure we have as much whilst actually going through the chosen life.
Old 07-12-2023, 12:36 AM
Master
In my opinion life is about lessons which we need to learn, and within the appearance of free-will we are presented with specific lessons that meet our needs to grow. The lessons are presented again and again until we learn them. The lessons are very specific to each person’s spiritual needs.

We can either grow or we can deteriorate, there is no status quo. Our effort is minimal; once we open the door to whatever we open the door to, we are influenced by that. It does not matter whether we call it good or bad, joyful or painful. Every indulgence has consequences. We are involved in a drama, a play, or “Lila” as is often called in Hinduism. God, or cosmic law, is the producer and the director; we are but the actors, characters playing out a part.

We do nothing of our own, we just open up to things, like greed, lust, anger, love, or what we may call love, etc., and they control our behavior, our emotions, and maybe even the way which we think. It does not matter what we call it; it is a force, an energy, soft or sharp, pleasant, or painful, It can interfere with our natural flow of energy or enhance it.

“Not a leaf falls from a tree except by the will of God.” Just as we are custodians of our own physical body, we are also custodians of God’s will. We can do whatever we want, within limits, with God’s will, or we can surrender and say “thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” At the time of physical death we may realize that we have no will of our own.
Old 07-12-2023, 07:32 AM
Guide

Same Sex twin flame27.............We have free will up to a point but life has a habit of pulling us back on track.
As far as your relationships go,if they go wrong,they are not meant to be.(I should know,Lol).
Old 07-12-2023, 09:36 AM
Master

I believe we have free will with many things in life which we CAN control, as in where we live, what to study, what career path to go down , what to have for dinner , all the normal things in life and how we live every day.
We choose what to watch on TV. We choose what time to go to bed. We choose what sweets we want in the pick and mix.
We choose what we fancy from a takeaway menu.
We choose what clothes to wear, and how to have our hair cut. The list is endless.

But the only thing we have no control or will over is who we fall in love with.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Guide

I.m not talking about the more mundane thing's,I'm talking about your whole life in gereral.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:17 AM
Master

Yeah I get ya Hazzard.

I tend to sit on the fence with this one. Sometimes I think we do and sometimes I think we don’t.

Perhaps the answer is not a yes or know but rather……..sometimes.
Old 07-12-2023, 12:04 PM
Master
Yes and no... depends on perspective. Practically, it looks like we have choice. But this choice is influenced by so many things out of our control.
Old 07-12-2023, 12:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes and no... depends on perspective. Practically, it looks like we have choice. But this choice is influenced by so many things out of our control.

And there not only external influences....
Old 07-12-2023, 12:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos1982
And there not only external influences....

Pardon the reaction, I just wish for a depth like no other eons now.