Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-11-2023, 05:30 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
I heard that did happen..... The world was cleansed... It rained 40 days and nights.. God said he wouldnt do that again though...

But it wasn't the whole world. If the whole world had flooded the planet would be very different as we know it and there wouldn't be 8 billion people on it. There is historical evidence of a cataclysmic around Turkey, though.
Old 17-11-2023, 05:32 AM
Ascender

I have a real hard time believing that there was a garden and all of humanity came from two people named Adam and Eve. Logically, if that were the case, inbreeding and genetic deformities would have ended the human race a long time ago.
Old 17-11-2023, 08:54 AM
Master
Another time, another place of limited perceptions, skewed views and emotional projections.

Nature and people’s nature plays out as it always does and will. most people’s interpretations through beliefs make it into something pertaining to ‘god or ‘gods’ because nature is much more powerful than humans, so often it then puts the fear of god into them..

Fear interpretations are often misguided.
Old 17-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Master

Yep I totally agree with you Traveller.

The Aboriginals here in Australia believe that the people from the Pleiades came here and seeded the planet. Who knows.
Old 17-11-2023, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
The Aboriginals here in Australia believe that the people from the Pleiades came here and seeded the planet. Who knows.
I'm reading that more and more in books.
Btw, to the group - Sure there was a flood...point is - Do you believe 'God made the entire thing happen to people here on purpose'.
And thanks to all that posted. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Do you believe 'God made the entire thing happen to people here on purpose'.
I agree let's not go off on side tangents. Can we stick to the question. I still say no especially today. Certainly in modern terms it would be viewed wrong. Actually we've seen more and more how God works as well as does not work. We know more about the laws of the physics and learned God does not get involved directly. God never has and is pretty standoffish. Plus it didn't work. This would also mean God isn't perfect and flawed. I actually see this more about human nature side more so then anything. Maybe even an attempt to say we should change or else. There are many stories that have meaning that didn't happen where meaning applied. But if a thing is wrong today hasn't it always been.
Old 21-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Master
I look at the Great Flood Event with awe.

The Bible has 2 versions of the Flood just like it has 2 versions of creation which leads me to believe that each account is an opinion and not a fact or put in a different way: just a theory. If they are theories, then shouldn't they be put in their 'proper' grouping as one of the earliest theories of how life came about on this planet? Looking further, doesn't one of the creation accounts uncannily get the order that life came about on Earth correct?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 22-11-2023, 06:25 PM
Master
There are always local flood stories everywhere, but it's not to do with a ''global flood'' a few thousand years ago with a pair of every land animal on a big ship. That's not possible, and there is also no archaeological nor genetic evidence for it nor would it even be a serious theoretical possibility. There may have been a local flood but elsewhere the world continued and the civilizations and cultures back then across the world and animals continued to be around. Of course, some disappeared but not all at some main point back then.

And to add a little more... all the continents show unique animals. If we want answers we need to look elsewhere, not in religious books. It's clear why animals on islands have been and are different. Isolation leads to difference, such as birds losing ability to fly as flying requires energy and with no land predators (mammals) around the birds lose their wings over time, cause they're no longer used as much so shrink over time with every generation. It's how you end up with ''penguins''. Elsewhere it's how you end up with semi-aquatic mammals becoming whales or in the past, reptiles becoming marine reptiles etc. etc.

Well you can also look into original Australian animals (pre-human colonization), or why South American animals lost the race to Eurasian/North American animals when the ''bridge'' (Central America) came to be. There is a natural reason for all of it.
Old 22-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Guide

Re the flood,there was probably a large localized flood and they had to rescue some animals on a boat.
Everything is exaggerated in the Bible.There was probably also someone called Jesus but most of what he did had no explanation in those times so they came up with the conclusion that he performed miracles.
Dont forget that the Bible has been edited to control the population over the years though there is probably a glimmer of truth in it.
Cast your mind back to when it was first written and imagine what the people of that time must have thought.
Old 22-11-2023, 08:56 PM
Master
Today we do have revisionist history, and that is what I believe about the great flood. People back then had little to no understanding of the weather, floods, etc., so they attributed it to God cleansing the Earth. If such a worldwide flood actually happened it would have killed millions of human beings and animals, and also changed the landscape of this planet.