Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 04-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Seeker

Newbie saying Hi

I have been looking at this wonderful forum for a while now and have read so many intersting and amazing things.

I have not used a pendulum before. I felt compelled to buy one 3 weeks ago. For two weeks I had no movement from it at all, just a vibration in the chain. Then on Wednesday it started moving and has been so fantastic.

My dad passed away 5 weeks ago and I have been desperate to have contact myself from him. I had been told by someone I trust 100% that he has become my earthbound spirit guide to help me on my path and he has confirmed this to me.

I use it all the time to speak to him (and others) but I was wondering if you can abuse the pendulum by using it too much. I have read a lot of the posts here and am also worried that I am influencing it because of my need for contact from him. The answers from it have been spot on so far though. Although I believe, because I am feeling very vunurable at the moment , I am scared stiff it is not true. I know that being open helps though and am staying positive.

I hope that I am going to have a lot more happen. I have already had signs, although not realised at the time.

I am looking forward to being able to share all you words of wisdom and maybe post some of my own :) x
Old 15-05-2012, 08:35 PM
I love my Twin Soul

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish
I have been looking at this wonderful forum for a while now and have read so many intersting and amazing things.

I have not used a pendulum before. I felt compelled to buy one 3 weeks ago. For two weeks I had no movement from it at all, just a vibration in the chain. Then on Wednesday it started moving and has been so fantastic.

My dad passed away 5 weeks ago and I have been desperate to have contact myself from him. I had been told by someone I trust 100% that he has become my earthbound spirit guide to help me on my path and he has confirmed this to me.

I use it all the time to speak to him (and others) but I was wondering if you can abuse the pendulum by using it too much. I have read a lot of the posts here and am also worried that I am influencing it because of my need for contact from him. The answers from it have been spot on so far though. Although I believe, because I am feeling very vunurable at the moment , I am scared stiff it is not true. I know that being open helps though and am staying positive.

I hope that I am going to have a lot more happen. I have already had signs, although not realised at the time.

I am looking forward to being able to share all you words of wisdom and maybe post some of my own :) x

Hello Trish, Welcome to the site. I am a newbie myself on here. I see a lot of people have read your Thread but no one has welcomed you, that is bad. Using a pendulum I have found over the years is mostly about asking the right questions and keeping your mind blank. No, you can not use it too much as the more you use it the better you will become. When I was first shown how to dowse I could not put it down, kept getting it out when I was working with my horses and asking questions. It was many years before I brought a Crystal one, used an Acorn for a start and then a Washer,but as I was using it out side a lot that was not as good as the wind used to catch it. I then started using a Nut and I kept using that for many years until I found that I needed to advance to a Crystal for my Healing work. Feel free to send me a PM if you want too as I wish I had someone to help me with things when I was learning. Blessings, Clarrie
Old 15-05-2012, 09:41 PM
purplesoul

Hello Tish. Welcome to the forum. I'm new here also. I have always been interested in pendulums, tarot cards, angels, spirits, etc. I went to a crystal shop and just bought one. I wasn't sure if I actually "connected" with it but I liked it. That's as much connection as I had at the time. I clensed it and held it in order to have it connect with my vibration. In the beginning, I got all kinds of wrong answers. A lot of the time, I wasn't saying a protection prayer or preparing myself properly for dowsing. I now believe that I am getting the right answers to my questions. Since I am new to this too, my only advice is not to use it if you are highly emotional about something at the time. Wait until you are calm and relatively non-emotional. And do some small preparation like a protection prayer and clearing your mind. I always like to be polite and ask the pendulum if I can ask a few questions and if I get a yes then I know things are working!

Good luck!
Old 22-05-2012, 09:50 AM
I love my Twin Soul

Hi, One of the things they used to say in the American Dowsing Quarterly was that before you start dowsing was to always say, May I,Can I, and Should I, that is after your mind is settled and in the right state to be doing such an important thing as contacting your father, then if you have done that it is safe to go ahead. It can sometimes be difficult I feel to keep your mind blank when you ask very personal questions but it can be done . Love and Light, Clarrie
Old 03-08-2012, 05:51 PM
sunshineofthesoul

When I use my pendulum, I like to start off with a little prayer asking that my pendulum be used for the purpose of healing, I ask that it may a tune itself to my Higher Self and my Angels, I then say that when I ask a question, I only want the truth whether it is the answer I want to hear or not. After I have said my little prayer the first few questions I always ask before I begin are:

May I ask a question? if and when it says yes I then ask am I connected to my Higher Self? if it says No I stop and don't ask any further questions. When I am more relaxed whether it is the same day or another day I wait until my pendulum tells me that I am connected to my Higher Self, before I ask any more questions. I only use my pendulum when I am connected to my Higher Self, that way I know when I ask a question I am only going to receive the truth.