Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 03-05-2021, 04:59 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
This sounds a lot like victimhood. I didn't do it because of xyz. I bought that product because of the advertising. Do we really have no choice? Are we just puppets for some higher masters and are "higher masters" manipulating all of us for their benefit?

I doubt that. Can you please share your source of Hindu teachings?
pixiedust,
you have every right to doubt me and i do not mind that either.

There is no particular source of my hindu teachings. I cannot even call those hindu teaching. I learned mostly by myself, through hours of meditation then even spending even more hours in cogitating about those. Then, some years later when i got access to the internet, i gone through the litrature of many religions and spiritual teachers where i found explanations of many of my queries.

And, i found that instead of conventional Hinduism, Sufism and some saint schools in India provides more details about spirituality. Conventional Hinduism is not complete. Spirituality goes well beyond what Hinduism suggests.

with love,
sanjay
Old 03-05-2021, 05:10 AM
zinnat

Quote:
I like this from Adi Shankara (8th century Hindu Saint), zinnat.

At dawn, I meditate in my heart on the truth of the radiant inner Self.
This true Self is Pure Being, Awareness, and Joy, the transcendent goal of the great sages.
The eternal witness of the waking, dream and deep sleep states.
I am more than my body, mind and emotions, I am that undivided Spirit......

pixiedust,

i am well aware of Adi Shankra and his works. I do not have any disagreement what he is saying in your quote but the problem is that poetic prose is so vague that an aspirant cannot take away any specific guidance from that. Everyone needs details. I always try to avoid that vagueness and that is precisely the reason you said that my posts are becoming pure black and white.

with love,
sanjay
Old 03-05-2021, 05:26 AM
zinnat

zinnat's comments in red.

Quote:
Thanks, Legrand.

I found this writing by Spirit Guide Sparrow (a poster on this forum) which I thought you might be interested in (I believe these words are posted on this forum also)

“To begin with, as a sentient light being you exercised the capacity of free will long before you even chose to submerge your soul within physical form and state. This is to say, long before the creation and development of the physical brain you use today your consciousness was exercising free will independently of any physical organ or mechanism. As do those in the spirit realm continue to do as we speak. This should first and foremost acquaint you to the fact that free will is not a product of or dependent on the physical brain or anything neuroscience wishes to prod its finger at.

Let us speak about what exactly the physical brain does and does not do.

The physical brain is a bioelectrical mechanism hardwired with instinctive survival response patterns built from genetic memory algorithms. So it is built and designed genetically to keep you alive.

No, that is not the purpose of the brain. The real purpose of the brain is to act as mediator between mind and body.

It is based on self-learning memory disciplines which assimilate awareness as memories and processes them for decisive reactive responses and decisions. In other words, your physical brain accesses past memories and observations to coordinate behaviour within variable circumstances of every day life. When past memories are inadequate, inaccessible, or nonexistent, the brain opens itself to intuition and gut feeling to dictate appropriate behaviour. What this really is, is the access of memory on other interconnective conduits which exist much deeper. This involves the cellular memories of your own parents and ancestors, as well as memories accessible through the connectivity of the etheric cord at your solar plexus. It may also involve memories accessible from your surrounding environment and from the physical elements and fibres you are touching. So essentially the brain has the capacity to process memory, events and sensory information streams from many different sources to influence decisions.

No, again. The brain does not or cannot have any memories. it has no such capacity. All memories are stored in consciousness and some very recent in the mind. Brain can have only muscle memory, which do not require any thought processing.

The physical brain does not contain thoughts or feelings, it only processes responses to them and retains them as memories, images and experiences. That is, the brain is an antenna, receiving frequencies and encoding them into a language of bioelectrical impulses which cause the brain to behave a certain way as it has been taught. What it actually does is translate sensory inputs to reproduce thoughts and feelings using impulses and chemical secretions to create what you experience as a mental thought or an emotional feeling.

That is true.

Real thoughts and feelings occupy an energetic frequency faster than physical mass, and thusly do not exist subservient to or bound within any one physical body part or mechanism. Simply put, physical mass cannot enclose or keep in a pervasive expansive energy more etheric than itself. Instead it is the physical aspect which sits within the pervasive expanse of the etheric field. Again we are reminded that thoughts and feelings exist independent of the physical brain, as it is the way for all those in the spirit realm and for consciousness itself.

True, again.

When you are attempting to determine how thought dictates choice and free will you should come to understand that there is always a thought behind the thought. That is, any choice you think you have made with your physical brain, there is always a thought behind that thought. Original thought.

That original thought is actually the component of your spirit, or described differently, your core central values. These core central values existed long before your physical form and are built on the memories and experiences of your specific soul group and core vibrational signature. These embedded core central values are constantly lurking in the background effecting your every decision on a very subtle level. Depending on how receptive you are to your spirit and to these values will determine how much of your divine will plays a part in your physical life. If you ignore this component of Self for more reactive defensive living, then you will appear to have very little free will at all. The reason for this is because the will of other human beings and their actions will impose their influence upon you dictating the direction of your own life. It is only when you access divine will within your own core vibration that events of synchronicity and miraculous good fortune manifest revealing the true nature of free will in all its glory.

This is exactly what i suggested about the free will. look for the underlined portion.

Do not ignore the will of the spirit (central core values) for the separate will of the animalistic human brain.”

https://spiritguidesparrow.wordpress.com/

with love,
sanjay
Old 03-05-2021, 12:11 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
Legrand,
I gone through the link provided by you. That research is seconding what i am suggesting that we do not have much of free will and most decisions comes from subconscious mind instead from conscious.

You are welcome Zinnat,

On another scientific study I have read when I was reading the Scientific American montly magazine. Sorry if I am to lazy to go find links to it on Google.
Scientific wanted to see if they where able to monitor basic emotional response of people from pictures that a computer would show randomly to those people on a computer screen.
They were horrible pictures, of people dying in wars, hungry people, spiders and all that and nice pictures like a peaceful sunset, flowers or the smile of a baby, etc.

They where able to monitor the basic emotional response to those picture. But during this experiment they where surprised to find out this:
The emotional response to a picture in the subject of study would start before the computer had chosen randomly a picture and show it on the screen.
Means that something in us knows that something will happen before it happens in the 3D space continuum and in linear time.

Regards.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:20 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 156 EXCERPT: That is a very very relevant point, Legrand.

(...) This video presentation by Dr. Greyson is very consistent with your point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aWM95RuMqU&t=3254s

Hello Still Waters,

Your link points 3254 seconds into the video, I also like his message at 4:00 minutes, 240 seconds, where he makes an analogy between a cell phone and the brain to indicate that thoughts are generated from outside the brain.

Regards,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aWM95RuMqU&t=240s
Old 03-05-2021, 02:38 PM
Master
QUOTE 162 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand

This experience was made in 1964 detecting the voltage activity in the brain, thus detecting activity 1 second before the decision is took.
Using MRI today, we can know up to 11 second before someone takes a basic decision that he or she will chose this or that.

https://qz.com/1569158/neuroscientis...ict-decisions/

The article whose link you provided is excellent.

This neuroscience study is very consistent with Jung's experiments on complexes which often lie in the unconscious. Jung used to do word association tests whereby a person responds with the first word that comes to mind after a word is presented ..... good/bad... right/wrong... etc.). In some cases there was a significant delay before the response which suggested either conscious mental editing or an unconscious thought complex. Since Jung recorded the test , he would play it back to the responder when the responder refused to believe that there was indeed a delayed response. This led Jung to the conclusion that there are situations in very simple cases (as in the test) where there is unconscious activity unbeknownst to the responder. This is consistent with the neuroscience test but the neuroscience test provides more concrete evidence (in terms of brain activity) than the Jungian test though both come to the same conclusion.

This does not seem to impact "free will" as such. It just means that the unconscious mental activity may play a bigger role than most would suspect.

Feel free to comment further on this phenomenon.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:47 PM
Master
QUOTE 164EXCERPT:

Quote:
From my understanding of my teacher who lived with Sri Aurobindo for a few years and from my multiple reading of his work when younger. The human being needs to develop the supramental to make a direct conscious link between the Divine will and his day to day mental thus becoming in his own words Integral.

According to his words only Ma Ananda Moyi had reached in his time such a level of development as a living.

https://www.sriaurobindoashram.org/s...o/writings.php

My own spiritual mentor, who was a "Soul Sister" of Anandamayi Ma" and spent a lot of time with her, taught precisely the same thing.

P.S. Thanks for the link.
Old 03-05-2021, 04:33 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
This does not seem to impact "free will" as such. It just means that the unconscious mental activity may play a bigger role than most would suspect.

Feel free to comment further on this phenomenon.

Hello Still Waters,

As a rainbow being that we are and make each one of us unique, even if relative, we have the choice to place the center of our identity where we want. In this way we have free will.

It can be were there is no other, I believe Unseeking said something like that on this thread, where there can be no more Will, all the way to the tip of our physical body finger that will move if a hammer comes to hit it, wanting to avoid pain.

Yet in this relative rainbow body of ours they are still missing some colours to the full spectrum, that make us feel separated from totality.

Making the subconscious conscious or becoming aware that the subconscious is already conscious, is definitely one way of filling the missing colours of our rainbow spectrum.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote 18 EXCERPT:

Quote:

They where able to monitor the basic emotional response to those picture. But during this experiment they where surprised to find out this:
The emotional response to a picture in the subject of study would start before the computer had chosen randomly a picture and show it on the screen.
Means that something in us knows that something will happen before it happens in the 3D space continuum and in linear time.

First of all, I am very familiar with this particular very-repeatable "presentiment" experiment. I have heard Dr. Radin from IONS (Institute of Noetic Sciences) speak live on this subject. Here is a link to the research abstract.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ure_em otions

I discussed this experiment specifically with my teacher's successor and a Sufi Shaik and we came to a somewhat different conclusion than the one in your post.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:27 PM
Master
QUOTE 191 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Making the subconscious conscious or becoming aware that the subconscious is already conscious, is definitely one way of filling the missing colours of our rainbow spectrum.
That is indeed one way though not necessarily the only way.